Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Mon April 24th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne-vs-Richmond.png

6th v 15th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 6

MELBOURNE V RICHMOND
MONDAY APRIL 24TH 7:25PM AEST (MCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

DEMONS

B: H. Petty, S. May, T. Rivers
HB: K. Chandler, J. Lever, E. Langdon
C: A. Brayshaw, C. Oliver, L. Hunter
HF: J. McVee, T. McDonald, A. Neal-Bullen
F: K. Pickett, J.van Rooyen, B. Fritsch
FOLL: M. Gawn – C, J. Viney, C. Petracca

I/C (FROM): B. Grundy, M. Hibberd, B. Laurie, J. Bowey, J. Jordon, L. Dunstan, T. Sparrow, D. Turner

IN: J. Lever, M. Gawn, M. Hibberd, B. Laurie, L. Dunstan, D. Turner
OUT: A. Tomlinson, J. Melksham (both omitted), C. Spargo (injured)

TIGERS
B: N. Balta, D. Grimes – C, T. Young
HB: L. Baker, N. Vlastuin, D. Rioli
C: K. McIntosh, T. Taranto, M. Pickett
HF: M. Rioli, D. Martin, R. Mansell

AdF: B. Miller, N. Cumberland, J. Riewoldt
FOLL: S. Ryan, S. Bolton, J. Hopper

I/C (FROM): J. Short, D. Prestia, T. Cotchin, J. Clarke, T. Sonsie, H. Ralphsmith, J. Bauer, J. Ross

IN: J. Short, J. Bauer, J. Ross

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
We're in for an absolute pasting. God help us if both Lever and Gawn return too.
No expectations to win this one, I don't even think we will be competitive. Melbourne are far stronger across every line at the moment, ruck, midfield, their defence will restrict us, their forward line isn't all aces but with their dominance everywhere else it'll easily kick a winning score on us.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can keep it close, but really this is probably going to get pretty ugly for us. If that's the case hopefully the inexperienced players play well and we don't cop any further injuries.

Brisbane and Essendon supporters said similar before we played them 🤔
Very different. Brisbane at the Gabba are top 2 quality, and I tipped them, Essendon was pretty unique in Adelaide I'll give you that, didn't see it coming. Both are tracking much better than we are at the moment. You've also hammered the Eagles and both the Dogs and Swans, who both recently beat us.

It's a lot more likely to replicate the smashings than it is an upset for us. I hope I'm wrong, but it's on the cards for a big loss.

We're in for an absolute pasting. God help us if both Lever and Gawn return too.
No expectations to win this one, I don't even think we will be competitive. Melbourne are far stronger across every line at the moment, ruck, midfield, their defence will restrict us, their forward line isn't all aces but with their dominance everywhere else it'll easily kick a winning score on us.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can keep it close, but really this is probably going to get pretty ugly for us. If that's the case hopefully the inexperienced players play well and we don't cop any further injuries.
If we can play like we did against Sydney but hit our targets and no brain fades, we might actually win!

Take heart, the Demons are a little up and down this year.
e.g. We lost to the Bombers

yep this 100%

Have wiped the floor with the Swans & Dogs at the G though

Away from the G, form has ben pretty average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't rate the Bombers either, coming into the year, but after round 5 they are 4-1 with a % of 128, so there's really nothing concerning about losing to a team in that form. At this stage you lost to the 2nd place side at a neutral venue.

First game in some time I've thought we are zero chance. Dees could play their worst game of the year and still win. Injuries, form, gameplan - nothing in our favour.

This game will be closer than people are predicting. Melbourne are patchy and we were useless without Gawn and Lever. Yes, everyone needs their best players, but Gawn won’t be 100% and I can’t see Richmond losing to many with the group they’ve got.

Genuine 50/50.
A Dees side with arguably the 2nd best ruck in the comp playing wouldn't risk Gawn against the 15th placed team with our 2 best ruckman out and with a 5-day break coming up if he wasn't 100%.

This game will be closer than people are predicting. Melbourne are patchy and we were useless without Gawn and Lever. Yes, everyone needs their best players, but Gawn won’t be 100% and I can’t see Richmond losing to many with the group they’ve got.

Genuine 50/50.
Go Away GIF

I'm hoping for a close game. Expecting a smacking.

Just hope thta the good tigers turn up for at least one quarter. When on the tigers are really good. But doing that for 20 minutes won't win you many games.

Dee % booster coming up

Back