Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Mon April 24th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's more about staggering the retirements so you don't lose too much experience (especially forward line experience) all at once.

Geelong's in a similar position: whether he comes good or not, I think this has to be Hawkins' last year, because savvy list management is leaving three years (minimum two) between the retirements of Hawkins/Riewoldt and Cameron/Lynch.
Disagree. In Geelongs case savvy list management is not prematurely retiring an AA quality key forward when you’re in the window just to hit some arbitrary staggering marker.

Disagree. In Geelongs case savvy list management is not prematurely retiring an AA quality key forward when you’re in the window just to hit some arbitrary staggering marker.
He'll be 35 at the end of the season. Even if he kicks 60+ goals this year, it's a bit of a stretch to say he'd be prematurely retiring. If he still thinks he has a bit in the tank, I'd wish him all the best with a Hodgey-esque swansong somewhere, but I think he's had a great run at Geelong and it's time for him at the end of this year. Just my opinion.

Back