Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Mon April 24th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Played s**t, had some of the most lopsided umpiring ever and walked away with a 3 goal win.

I'll take it

Learnt tonight that there is a protected zone 5 metres behind the man on the mark & that spoiling a ball 20 metres from the boundary is considered deliberate out of bounds

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought we’d be a decent chance to win comfortably tonight. But these big games can always throw curve balls. Tigers got themselves up and had a real crack. I don’t think they could keep it up and we wore them down.
We’re only just going bit it was great to see some fight back. JVR to stand up in the last quarter with 3 big marks and 3 goals was great to see.
Our second half was much better. Happy to be sitting on top 4 for now and get to work on our game and how we set up forward etc.

Unbelievably one-sided umpiring kept the Tigers in the game for 3/4 but class won out in the end. I've never seen such blatant coddling of one team to the detriment of the other. At least a 5 goal swing in the first half alone. The worst part is Richmond (supporters and players) still sooking it up despite the absolute armchair ride they were being given.

Can anyone explain why there was no 50 paid after Rioli just tackled ANB in the middle of the ground after taking a mark? And that wasn't even the most egregious decision. And the Richmond nuffies around me were still whinging 🤣

ROOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:
Unbelievably one-sided umpiring kept the Tigers in the game for 3/4 but class won out in the end. I've never seen such blatant coddling of one team to the detriment of the other. At least a 5 goal swing in the first half alone. The worst part is Richmond (supporters and players) still sooking it up despite the absolute armchair rise they were being given.

Can anyone explain why there was no 50 paid after Rioli just tackled ANB in the middle of the ground after taking a mark? At that wasn't even the most egregious decision. And the Richmond nuffies around me were still whinging 🤣

ROOOOOOOOO!!!!
There were a few howlers. That’s for sure.

I've always found him pretty irritating, but Jack Riewoldt deserves a lot of credit. I thought it was a mistake for him to continue and that he and Hardwick were mortgaging the future for 2023. I still think that they're going to have to be very clever with the list turnover in the next 2-3 years, but you can't fault Riewoldt's performance so far. You can always be sure he's going to give it everything he's got, but in recent weeks when it's been hard going, he's consistently been one of Richmond's best.

I've always found him pretty irritating, but Jack Riewoldt deserves a lot of credit. I thought it was a mistake for him to continue and that he and Hardwick were mortgaging the future for 2023. I still think that they're going to have to be very clever with the list turnover in the next 2-3 years, but you can't fault Riewoldt's performance so far. You can always be sure he's going to give it everything he's got, but in recent weeks when it's been hard going, he's consistently been one of Richmond's best.
They'd wanna hope they come.home with a wet sail, as they've given up their first pick

we have more than enough youngsters. taranto and hopper are perfect age wise considering who we are about to lose.

we have more than enough youngsters. taranto and hopper are perfect age wise considering who we are about to lose.
I think it's more about staggering the retirements so you don't lose too much experience (especially forward line experience) all at once.

Geelong's in a similar position: whether he comes good or not, I think this has to be Hawkins' last year, because savvy list management is leaving three years (minimum two) between the retirements of Hawkins/Riewoldt and Cameron/Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's more about staggering the retirements so you don't lose too much experience (especially forward line experience) all at once.

Geelong's in a similar position: whether he comes good or not, I think this has to be Hawkins' last year, because savvy list management is leaving three years (minimum two) between the retirements of Hawkins/Riewoldt and Cameron/Lynch.
Hawkins seems to have gotten better every year. He's certainly more of a physical forward than riewoldt (who is just relying on his IQ now).

this year will probably be cotchin and jacks last.

martin next year unless he decides to leave with cotch. presita too most likely.

grimes year after.

replacing lynch and nakervis will be the hardest.

How good is Dale Thomas? Best commentator by mile. Articulate, well-spoken. Speaks English too, which is helpful, not tryna be racist or whatever but I dunno what kinda s**t comes outta Jobe's mouth but I never heard it before and I don't think it's appropriate.

When we had 3 umpires, it was clear that the umpiring talent pool was rather shallow.
Four (4) umpires, has not only drained the pool, the pool is parched dry.

The umpiring was awful. Inconsistent. Confusing. Strange. Richmond were the better side at extracting a few goals from the 4 village idiots.

Let's go back to three umpires. If they having to run too much, they can always give a free kick to bring the play towards themselves.

He’s a champion of the game. Will go down as one of our greats.

Learnt tonight that there is a protected zone 5 metres behind the man on the mark & that spoiling a ball 20 metres from the boundary is considered deliberate out of bounds

Just because you didn’t know about it doesn’t mean the players didn’t. Notice how Steven May didn’t argue with the umpire, he was instead frustrated with Lever for making the error?

Think about the “stand” and “outside 5” stuff we’ve heard 50 times a game for the last two years. What would be the point of that if a second player was allowed to be within 5 metres of the guy standing the mark, and move around freely?

Jobe and Tim both terrible.
Jobe and Tim are like punishment, a reminder that, you can't have everything your own way, a pebble in your shoe, a pimple on the tip of your nose, a throbbing hemmaroid.

Hopefully Van Rooyen means the end of Ben Brown I'm tired of his hair and run up
68089759-0-image-a-13_1677385024577.jpg

Back