Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Mon April 24th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Sparrow did alright, he helped turned things around with his endeavour.
AND
It has been a very very looonnng time since I have watched a Melb/Rich game played in relatively good spirit.

Agreed, but think Richmond need to be realistic now about where they're at with their list profile.
They sort of are. You can't go full play the kids mode in round 6, you still need to bring them on with some sort of leadership, and with the amount of unavailable players we have, we need to maintain some form of team balance.

We have about 7-9 players each week with around 20 games or less. Sonsie, Ross, Gibcus (when fit) will all come into the side soon again. Dow probably isn't far away. A debut to Banks or Bauer both about 19 or 20 years old isn't far away.

We'll keep feeding games into youngsters and hope the experience and another preseason into them reaps some rewards in 2024.

Smashed by the umpires and got it done against a good team playing well
Are we a good team playing well? Won 1 of our first 6. Missing a few starting 22 as well.

Apparently we are buggered from now until forever because we traded for some handy midfielders.

Tigers led at every change and got over run against a quality opposition. Tigers had 7 under 25 games. Obviously blokes like Riewoldt and Cotchin bring the average up, but there is a lot of youth running through this side.

Gutsy win by the Demons! Must have been choking on their cheese platters at half time. You would want to improve from here if Richmond are as bad as everyone is saying they are.

They sort of are. You can't go full play the kids mode in round 6, you still need to bring them on with some sort of leadership, and with the amount of unavailable players we have, we need to maintain some form of team balance.

We have about 7-9 players each week with around 20 games or less. Sonsie, Ross, Gibcus (when fit) will all come into the side soon again. Dow probably isn't far away. A debut to Banks or Bauer both about 19 or 20 years old isn't far away.

We'll keep feeding games into youngsters and hope the experience and another preseason into them reaps some rewards in 2024.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I think I'm more thinking some sections of the fans and media that still think this is the 2017-2020 Richmond team despite this team being well off the pace for the last two years, which I find annoying. If the club is realistic about where they are at, that's a good thing for the future.

Are we a good team playing well? Won 1 of our first 6. Missing a few starting 22 as well.

Apparently we are buggered from now until forever because we traded for some handy midfielders.

Tigers led at every change and got over run against a quality opposition. Tigers had 7 under 25 games. Obviously blokes like Riewoldt and Cotchin bring the average up, but there is a lot of youth running through this side.

Gutsy win by the Demons! Must have been choking on their cheese platters at half time. You would want to improve from here if Richmond are as bad as everyone is saying they are.
I was expecting the Tigers to get annihilated from the get go. Very impressed with the fight shown in the side that is what it is.

Ryan and Young both had good games I thought. You can see players like Cumberland and Clarke struggling to make good decisions but that is to be expected.

We will also struggle to beat good teams without Soldo, Nank and Lynch. They leave massive holes in the side that we can't fill atm.

The brand of footy tonight probably stacks up and beats 10-12 sides in the league, but it's not going to beat a side as good as Melbourne.
I thought our endeavour was great but the execution really let us down at times. That they played it out to the very end was another positive.

They invented football!!
I recon they acted like such knobs because they weren't used to success, were such a basket case for so long.
Nail. Head.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I think I'm more thinking some sections of the fans and media that still think this is the 2017-2020 Richmond team despite this team being well off the pace for the last two years, which I find annoying. If the club is realistic about where they are at, that's a good thing for the future.
You're right.

The media live off shallow scoops and cliches every game, every round. They overuse old tropes as if they are current truths and only make themselves sound like they don't know the state of the game they are commenting on.

Mate if you listen to the media opinions you need to reasses your views. They talk us up because it makes a good story to then tear us down.

Most Richmond supporters have accepted and acknowledge we aren't the dynasty team we were. We are better than our ladder position suggests if we had a full list to choose from, and faced some easier teams. We are probably a 8th-10th team, playing like a bottom 4 team.

Hopper and Taranto are 27 and 26 for the 2024 season. They'll be around for a while so it wasn't all 2023 or bust.

If we can get another 10+ games into each of Ross, Sonsie, Cumberland, Ryan, Rioli Jr, Clarke, Gibcus, Miller, Young, Dow and then hand a couple of debuts to some other guys, they should all improve as players. Not all will come on, but many will improve over the preseason.

That's about the best we can do at this point. It's not about a 2023 flag, it's about building towards getting back to finals in 2024 and beyond now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Turnoveranto and Hooper were suppose to push Richmond back into premiership contention?
Don't worry, you'll get your comeuppance too.

No not really.

I have a mate who barracks for them and he was arrogant and obnoxious when you won flags also always gave it to me when we lose at Dreamtime

Funny Richmond are 1-4 and haven't heard boo from my mate lols
I remember the days we couldn't beat Essendon, Carlton, Geelong, Adelaide...no matter what. We were pitied as supporters.

I remember the lead up to that first final in 2017 against the Cats. It was their home game but was held at the G. Pre game Cats fans were like "anytime, anywhere biatches! This is going to be the easiest finals win we've ever had..." Swings and roundabouts.

On another note, tomorrow should hopefully be a good game of footy. The Bombers could prove to be something as the Pies are one of the bench mark teams.

I remember the days we couldn't beat Essendon, Carlton, Geelong, Adelaide...no matter what. We were pitied as supporters.

I remember the lead up to that first final in 2017 against the Cats. It was their home game but was held at the G. Pre game Cats fans were like "anytime, anywhere biatches! This is going to be the easiest finals win we've ever had..." Swings and roundabouts.

On another note, tomorrow should hopefully be a good game of footy. The Bombers could prove to be something as the Pies are one of the bench mark teams.
Me to have a 6 pack in the fridge ready to go

Back