Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This looks like it could be horrible scheduling for the Gather round kickstart, as the Dees should eat them alive in front of a Thursday night audience.

I expect a better performance from the Crows but hopefully Harry kicks 5 just to rub it in a little :). The short turnaround in not ideal but hopefully we will have the legs to get over the line.

I expect a better performance from the Crows but hopefully Harry kicks 5 just to rub it in a little :). The short turnaround in not ideal but hopefully we will have the legs to get over the line.
Given that they don't have to travel I wouldn't imagine the turnaround would have any effect.

No excuses for the Demons, Crows are in horrible form and it would take both a drop off in intensity from the Demons and Crows to bring pressure and heat like they’re yet to this year.

I can’t see crows doing it with their lack of personnel due to injury and they’ve dropped some players who in my opinion bring effort but lack polish. You need grunt against Melbourne.

Will still be an interesting game but I’m expecting a professional 3-4 goal win for Melbourne.

Last week I called Melbourne average and tipped Port by 25 points, Crows are terrible. Melbourne should win easily on Adelaide's recent form and their outs. Demons by 47.

For whatever reason these two sides play a surprising game when they meet each other.
Demons in a close one by 3 points.

Crows will jump out of the blocks and get a bit of a lead, which the Dees will peg back by half time and win by 40.

If Crows win today, it won't be by a lack of effort from Melbourne, but a cracker effort by them. Melbourne has been ruthless for awhile now, and tends to bank the expected wins. Crows were good last year, Melbourne tends to have a memory for those things, so even though Crows don't want 0-4 and will be feeling the heat, Melbourne does the road-trips as well as any Vic side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a neutral fan fellow of Dees, the way they play, they have their mojo back, forward line looks better, they look hungry and a bit angry, and May is back in town.

Versus a malfunctioning Crows, with 5 changes, some of them necessary (Pedlar for example who looks like he has been deliberately saboutaging his own team), though with 5 changes that will present its own consistency and team sync challenges.

So Dees you'd think pretty easily.

At some point though when you've been lousy from coach through to players, a reaction has to come. I hope they can bring some of that dazzling 23 form to make it tough for the travelling Dees.

In the spirit of optimism, hope for a contest, and rennaisance, Crows by less than a goal in a boilover!

Thanks Brother, for the warm welcome.

Crows need to show some GRIT without, and FREEDOM with, the ball.

Back