Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Eagles v Bombers Sat May 4th 8:10pm AEST/ 6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles have won against who? A hopeless Richmond and a big game emotional win against Freo? So 2 wins this year and 3 last year, and they're going to beat a team that drew with the reigning Premiers last week?

One team coming off a 6 day break and the other a 9 day break. I think the Eagles are getting closer to the mark and Reid looks an amazing player already, but if this is under a 40 point Essendon win I'd be very surprised.
I don't know where you get the confidence from. We have a terrible record in Perth and we only won by 1 point at home last year to a worse West Coast team. Essendon should win but that's not how football works. We rarely smash teams so I'd say Essendon by 13-25 points, but not very surprised if we lose.

The Eagles have won against who? A hopeless Richmond and a big game emotional win against Freo? So 2 wins this year and 3 last year, and they're going to beat a team that drew with the reigning Premiers last week?

One team coming off a 6 day break and the other a 9 day break. I think the Eagles are getting closer to the mark and Reid looks an amazing player already, but if this is under a 40 point Essendon win I'd be very surprised.
Richmond beat Sydney, flag faves along with Geelong and GWS. There's a lot of 'rock paper scissors' scenarios in the league these day. Team a beats b beats c. I think almost any team can beat almost any team on their day. Doesn't mean much. almost beat the Bombers last year when we were worse and supposed to be tanking, what makes them so untouchable? I'm realistic about our chances, could very well get smashed, but hope the boys aren't as pessimistic as some. Gotta believe first.

I don't know where you get the confidence from. We have a terrible record in Perth and we only won by 1 point at home last year to a worse West Coast team. Essendon should win but that's not how football works. We rarely smash teams so I'd say Essendon by 13-25 points, but not very surprised if we lose.

I don't think its odd to say Essendon should win this, I mean we should. We are a better team, and we are significant odds favourites.

Whether will or not, is an entirely different question. I agree though, completely unsurprising if we do so.

If we lose, we will just continue to not build on anything the Essington way.

Last edited:

I don't think its odd to say Essendon should win this, I mean we should. We are a better team, and we are significant odds favourites.

Whether will or not, is an entirely different question. I agree though, completely unsurprising if we do so.

If we lose, we will just continue to not build on anything the Essington way.
I know it's "only West Coast" but they have some strong home performances in the bank. This would be a great win for the Bombers and flex their finals-ready credentials. People might laugh at that but I just think backing up the Crows road trip with a good performance and win in WA would be big for the group's belief. Keep that momentum going - draw/win feels a lot better than draw/loss.

Bombers are going well, so similar to last week will be relatively happy with a competitive performance, albeit would probably be a bit disappointed if we lose by 37 or more again. Be nice to win last quarter for the first time this year at least.

I know it's "only West Coast" but they have some strong home performances in the bank. This would be a great win for the Bombers and flex their finals-ready credentials. People might laugh at that but I just think backing up the Crows road trip with a good performance and win in WA would be big for the group's belief. Keep that momentum going - draw/win feels a lot better than draw/loss.

Agree. Bottom line is this is an essential win & will help with the trust issues many Bombers fans struggle with weekly.

Dons don't need to win by 60 but definitely don't want to fall over the line either. I'd like a nice quite night in mkay, thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers getting away with a lot of holding and blocking

Back