Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Eagles v Bombers Sat May 4th 8:10pm AEST/ 6:10pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon this one goes close. West Coast hurting from the 6 day turnaround from Queensland, Essendon deflated after a drawn Anzac Day clash they probably should have won on the day.

Will say Eagles by 8pts and 4 Harley Reid "Dont Argues".

I think we will be the fitter team and their lack of rotation through the guts will let them down. We have so many players we can run through the guts now where they only have like what 4?

Yeo has been unreal, AA worthy for me, Reid is everything he's been hyped up to be, but their depth is lacking. Also we are coming off a long break where they wont even have a week.

Last edited:
I think we will be fitter and their lack of rotation through the guts will let them down. We have so many players we can run through the guts now where they only have like what 4?

Yeo has been unreal, AA worthy for me, Reid is everything he's been hyped up to be, but their depth is lacking. Also we are coming off a long break where they wont even have a week.
We will have 3 of the 4 best mids in the game though (Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Merrett).

Usually I'm bullish at recent Essendon games, even when we're absolute s**t we make games of them for the most part... reckon we'll get touched up here tho. They are a different team this year compared to the past few years.
They'll go no further than they have in recent memory this season, 7th to 10th finish and a big first week finals loss if they happen to make it

West Coast have been up and about. If they get out to a good start, they'll be hard to peg back.

But we started well against Collingwood and I'm hopeful we can do that again. if we're near-level at quarter time, I hope we'd have the better squad to go on with it.

The Eagles have won against who? A hopeless Richmond and a big game emotional win against Freo? So 2 wins this year and 3 last year, and they're going to beat a team that drew with the reigning Premiers last week?

One team coming off a 6 day break and the other a 9 day break. I think the Eagles are getting closer to the mark and Reid looks an amazing player already, but if this is under a 40 point Essendon win I'd be very surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oof, you guys had better bloody win then.

if we are at all serious, we win this by 30 +

if we dont then we are just as s**t as we were last year and the year before that and so on.

The Eagles have won against who? A hopeless Richmond and a big game emotional win against Freo? So 2 wins this year and 3 last year, and they're going to beat a team that drew with the reigning Premiers last week?

One team coming off a 6 day break and the other a 9 day break. I think the Eagles are getting closer to the mark and Reid looks an amazing player already, but if this is under a 40 point Essendon win I'd be very surprised.
And the bombers have won against who? Hawthorn who are rubbish, fallen over the line against st kilda and crows who have both also been rubbish this year, and the bulldogs who are just as inconsistent as ever. Those 4 teams are a combined 8 wins and 20 losses and the highlight of the season was a draw against the reigning premiers and while it was a reasonably good performance they are 3 wins from 7 games this season. Bombers still have a long way to go to becoming a good team.

"We've won more games than the Eagles!" isn't the brag you think it is.

Oh. Near enough. You’re still s**t.

Oh god, I thought we were a great side, thanks new Essendon poster for correctly informing me we're s**t.

It feels good to be looking forward to a game thinking we have a chance for once. Huge for our season against an in form team. Not to make finals, but to show we've really improved. Will be happy if we win or lose by less than 24.

You know - if you are going to throw those stones then perhaps you should look at your own record. It's hardly noteworthy in itself this year.

Back