Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Lions v Suns Sun May 5th 7:10pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They should be rotating their mids and running the ball every chance they have. Instead allowing us to chip around and give our players a breather since we can't make rotations.

Reminiscent of the St Kilda Port game from last week. Port were 3 players down if my memory serves me correctly.. yet St Kilda did the chip chip slow play and Port were able to win the game nice and rested. It's just boggling that a modern coach cannot change a gameplan to put this situation to their advantage.

To which players? I haven't watched the game but can see Answerth and McCarthy are injured. Who are the other two?
Starcevich during warmup did his Calf, Gardiner & McCarthy done their ACL's and Answerth concussed.

This sort of game is why stats are so misleading. Has lachie neale even done anything beyond jake lloyd like uncontested marking and chip?

This sort of game is why stats are so misleading. Has lachie neale even done anything beyond jake lloyd like uncontested marking and chip?

10 contested dispoals (most on the ground, next best with 7), 3 clearances, 6 tackles, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements.

Taking a bit of time to get back to your best post the bye (ban)?

Been very important as the link player like Oliver is to you.

The dump kicks by gold coast just aren't working either. Don't know if that was the gameplan going into the match, either way it needs to be stopped now.

10 contested dispoals (most on the ground, next best with 7), 3 clearances, 6 tackles, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements.

Taking a bit of time to get back to your best post the bye (ban)?
not saying he is bad. I'm saying the stays are misleading. basic comprehension. Also, he should have the most contested possessions and clearances because he has the juicy inside mid role with the most cba's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Gardiner/ McCarthy injuries...

Seems to me it's always the innocuous ones that are the season-ending ACL's, but both those dudes looked like they were in agony, that would be a good sign right?

Can go either way in terms of pain with ACLs, I remember Rayner and Hipwood were in a fair amount of pain when they did theirs.

Most worrying feature of both were that they were both non contact, and in McCarthy's injury had rotation on a fixed lower leg.

Can go either way in terms of pain with ACLs, I remember Rayner and Hipwood were in a fair amount of pain when they did theirs.

Most worrying feature of both were that they were both non contact, and in McCarthy's injury had rotation on a fixed lower leg.
Fingers crossed, two in a game let alone in a 30 minute patch is brutal.

Back