Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Swans v GWS Sat May 4th 1:45pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • GWS by a goalor less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS should win if it's a wet and rainy day.
I expect the bigger bodies to hold up better and players like Hogan & Greene have usually played well in poor weather conditions.

Giants by 10 points.

Could be the match of the round. I can't separate them and need to claw back a slow start in my tipping comp so I'm tempted to pick GWS assuming more will tip the Swans. Nothing surer to turn bad tipping around than adding an additional guess to the decision making process for each tip.

40mm of rain…they should just postpone the match.

That’s not fun for anyone. Or maybe call the Chinese and try some of that cloud seeding they did for the olympics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40mm of rain…they should just postpone the match.

That’s not fun for anyone. Or maybe call the Chinese and try some of that cloud seeding they did for the olympics

Forecast models have downgraded, looking much better with the threat of heavy rain markedly reduced at the moment.

BoM app showing 25% (low) chance of at least 3mm around game time. Could change again closer to the game, of course.

Hopefully we see this downgrade further and have a lull in the rain/dry game. 🤞

Last edited:
Indeed …, the 4 points makes top 4 a lot easier
Yep, almost every team with a 7-1 or better record at this stage I'd say make top 4 (NM 2016 a rare exception).

I'd go as far as saying it will also put the victor in an early box seat for top 2. Building momentum is important and in Sydney's case, maintaining an air of home ground dominance with a big match against Carlton at the SCG in a few weeks.

GWS replicating their road warrior form of 2023 will be the difference between top 2 and 4th or worse this season. This would be a big scalp to get that belief.

Issac Heeney has only 9 goals less than Charlie Curnow - both are 27 years of age.

A tad edgy. Good test of Giants intestinal fortitude and hardness if the weather is poor. I know they have some skills, let's see their grit. I suppose that may also apply to Swans? This promises to reveal a lot about the two teams. I personally look forward to a grind (all jokes aside), I don't need fairy floss and fancy pirouettes to be entertained.

A tad edgy. Good test of Giants intestinal fortitude and hardness if the weather is poor. I know they have some skills, let's see their grit. I suppose that may also apply to Swans? This promises to reveal a lot about the two teams. I personally look forward to a grind (all jokes aside), I don't need fairy floss and fancy pirouettes to be entertained.
I think GWS will match them for grit and earn a hard fought victory today, cementing their premiership credentials. And I reckon it would be the same result dry or wet. Take it to the bank! (please, please don't take it to the bank).

I think GWS will match them for grit and earn a hard fought victory today, cementing their premiership credentials. And I reckon it would be the same result dry or wet. Take it to the bank! (please, please don't take it to the bank).
I hope your right but not too convinced yet. I've noticed this year they can at times get too fancy, and overuse it, lose concentration, and sometimes they forget to leave enough personnel behind the ball and get done on turnover, a Swans specialty. It's my only big really, apart from injuries of course.

Back