Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Crows v Lions Sun May 12th 4pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No team got a worse run than the other. Watch with both eyes.
Old mate coming in here talking about the Lions embarrassing themselves is funny when they're the only one embarrassing themself right now.

Hollow feeling. Couldn't imagine being involved in that personally.
It's a hollow feeling for players immediately after the siren while they process it out on the ground for a few minutes. (Most of them have probably never played in a draw before.) But then they walk from field, go into the rooms and they accept the rules: we didn't win, we didn't lose. It was a draw and we get 2 premiership points. Cool. Shrug. Move on.

It's just the small-minded, needy folks who have grown up with instant gratification from the internet who seem to have the biggest issue. But 2 minutes later, these folks have also moved on and they don't care either.

I love draws. They're often the games we remember, years and years later. Way better than some poxy extra time that ends with the least-tired team dominating ET and winning by 15 points in a game that nobody remembers,

It's a hollow feeling while they process it out on the ground for 5 minutes. (Most of them have probably never played in a draw before.) But then they walk from field, go into the rooms and they accept the rules: we didn't win, we didn't lose. It was a draw and we get 2 premiership points. Cool.

It's just the small-minded, needy folks who have grown up with instant gratification from the internet who seem to have the biggest issue. But 2 minutes later, these folks have also moved on and don't care.

I blame America

Thought the umpires were very good for the lions and followed our instructions to a tee - to give the crows more free kicks but in a way that would get the crowd to mindlessly boo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the umpires were very good for the lions and followed our instructions to a tee - to give the crows more free kicks but in a way that would get the crowd to mindlessly boo
They cannot be too obvious about their bias to the Lions.

Giving the Crows more free kicks is a genius move on their part, bravo.

It's a hollow feeling for players immediately after the siren while they process it out on the ground for a few minutes. (Most of them have probably never played in a draw before.) But then they walk from field, go into the rooms and they accept the rules: we didn't win, we didn't lose. It was a draw and we get 2 premiership points. Cool. Shrug. Move on.

It's just the small-minded, needy folks who have grown up with instant gratification from the internet who seem to have the biggest issue. But 2 minutes later, these folks have also moved on and they don't care either.

I love draws. They're often the games we remember, years and years later. Way better than some poxy extra time that ends with the least-tired team dominating ET and winning by 15 points in a game that nobody remembers,
I'm certainly ok with it. Looking back we had our chances. As did the crows.

I only caught the last quarter unfortunately, you guys reckon crows should be happy with the draw more so than Brisbane should be? That was the feeling I got, but I could be way off.

I dunno how the umpires can be blamed given we ended up with more frees.

Given we had an extra three day break plus Brisbane ended last week without a bench, it's worse for us, but both teams had chances to win it in the end.

Would have been great to sneak a win there but the last two weeks have been good 4 quarter performances, I feel like we have turned a corner.

Happy with some of the kids who have come through in the last couple of weeks. Morris in particular looks like one for long term.

The highlight of the game for me was Lachlan Neal tackling Rory laird around the neck when laird lurched his head down and forward so Neal got him and a free kick was paid and then Neale got up shaking his head at the umpire…like you don’t do that everytime you get the ball you weasel

The highlight of the game for me was Lachlan Neal tackling Rory laird around the neck when laird lurched his head down and forward so Neal got him and a free kick was paid and then Neale got up shaking his head at the umpire…like you don’t do that everytime you get the ball you weasel
This just in AFL player is upset to have a free kick paid against them for the same thing they'd be happy to receive a free for.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Back