Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Crows v Lions Sun May 12th 4pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker pushed Payne with two hands in the back to get him off the ball to set up the goal to Rankine (?).
Not worth your time trying to argue with them, just point and laugh.

Walker pushed Payne with two hands in the back to get him off the ball to set up the goal to Rankine (?).
Id need to see the replay, but didn’t think there was enough force for free .

The afl changed the requirements for a push in the back a few years ago.

There were few marks to Brisbane with crow defenders getting pushed out

I only caught the last quarter unfortunately, you guys reckon crows should be happy with the draw more so than Brisbane should be? That was the feeling I got, but I could be way off.
Crows at home against a team smashed by injury with 3 days extra recovery time. I reckon Brisbane walk away from that with their heads held slightly higher. In the end no one wins though.

It’s a great sign for your argument when refuse to make and deflect with insults instead
Insulting in the same way that suggesting a team that lost the free kick count playing away from home off a 3-day shorter break and having finished last week with no bench (after the tally of ACL injuries on their list increased to 5 - all to best 22 players) should be embarrassed for drawing in a match where they were odds-on to lose?

Crows at home against a team smashed by injury with 3 days extra recovery time. I reckon Brisbane walk away from that with their heads held slightly higher. In the end no one wins though.

Thanks. I was more talking about the balance of play. It just felt like we got lucky to even get a draw out of it.

I guess I saw it differently. Brisbane looked well off their best and Crows were up and about for a while there and looking like they'd run away with it

Part of the issue was a very large portion of our list played 90+% ToG last week. I think our ruck played all but 2 minutes for instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insulting in the same way that suggesting a team that lost the free kick count playing away from home off a 3-day shorter break and having finished last week with no bench (after the tally of ACL injuries on their list increased to 5 - all to best 22 players) should be embarrassed for drawing in a match where they were odds-on to lose?

Do you seriously need to rely on a free kick count to judge the umpires instead of using your eyes ?

How many time does it need be said that the count on its own is meaningless?

It immediately invalids your claim.

As for extra break, that would only be a factor if Brisbane were on a 4 or 5 day break. They had a 7 day break, that’s enough to be rested

Brisbane aren’t the only team with injuries

Scrap draws, instead of changing a gameplay rule he should change all draw to go to a 5-min extra time
So if Richmond won 87-86

But then collingwood won 105-92 after extra time (tier 86-86)

It's fair on Richmond that a team that couldn't win got a better result? Potentially jumping them?

Any league that has ot for regular season should have a look at themselves.

Finals I'm okay with as it can have a huge impact on finals. Imagine if a sf has a replay. 2 weeks off for qf winners? Their routine would be thrown off and would be detrimental for them.

But home and away season. Idc if you're the nfl nba nrl or afl. **** off with extra time in any form. Don't give 1 team a chance to take all the point when neither were worthy to begin with.

Do you seriously need to rely on a free kick count to judge the umpires instead of using your eyes ?

How many time does it need be said that the count on its own is meaningless?

It immediately invalids your claim.

As for extra break, that would only be a factor if Brisbane were on a 4 or 5 day break. They had a 7 day break, that’s enough to be rested

Brisbane aren’t the only team with injuries
The free kick count doesn't tell you how well a game was umpired. But it does tell you someone is delusional if they're trying to suggest the umpires were playing for the team that lost the count.

Every team has injuries, but not every team has 8 best 22 players missing.

Pretty good game between two decent teams.

Why the actual **** was this match put in the graveyard slot of Sunday twilight, while Tiger vs Dogs and Gold Coast vs Roos go prime time Saturday night.

They’re on some serious drugs down at AFL House surely.

Why the actual **** was this match put in the graveyard slot of Sunday twilight, while Tiger vs Dogs and Gold Coast vs Roos go prime time Saturday night.

Agree.

Ridiculous

Agree but we played on the Sunday and you guys played on the Thursday.

Guess it was scheduled in a way that meant we'd have a normal amount of rest?

Don't tell me the Camry Crow supporters are blaming umpires. That would be a huge shock.

Apparently, they were a better than the Hawthorn juggernaut a few years ago but the umpires cost them. Right in front of me it was.

Entertaining game of footy. Well done to both sides.

North v Gold Coast was in Darwin which normally you have to play at night as the heat is too much during the day. Agree Richmond v Bulldogs was probably the game that could have been shifted but the Crows have had a good run with prime time slots at home so far for a team that hasn't played finals in 7 years (so far this season from 5 games they already had 2 Friday nights and 2 Thursday nights) so I really don't think they can complain about this game being on Sunday. Not to mention the extra 3 days rest they had over Brisbane already.

The free kick count doesn't tell you how well a game was umpired. But it does tell you someone is delusional if they're trying to suggest the umpires were playing for the team that lost the count.

Every team has injuries, but not every team has 8 best 22 players missing.

The first 2 sentences are contradictory. You clearly don’t actually believe what you’ve written.

Theres nothing in the rules that says the frees should be even .

The free kick count is totally irrelevant to whether umpiring favoured one side.

The first 2 sentences are contradictory. You clearly don’t actually believe what you’ve written.

Theres nothing in the rules that says the frees should be even .

The free kick count is totally irrelevant to whether umpiring favoured one side.

Umpiring didn’t favour anyone, there were some dodgy calls either way as there is in every game of footy. Holding the ball adjudication was shocking all night but that’s par for the course atm unfortunately.

Draw is a pretty fair reflection of the two team’s performance I’d say.

Back