afl canberra 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Long way to go in the season by why Yass never went up but Coota did I still don’t get. Win the comp and undefeated this season but were losing heaps and wouldn’t be as strong. Coota and Goulburn have both had a crack. Surely Yass would have been competitive

Big difference between 1 and 2
Long way to go in the season by why Yass never went up but Coota did I still don’t get. Win the comp and undefeated this season but were losing heaps and wouldn’t be as strong. Coota and Goulburn have both had a crack. Surely Yass would have been competitive
Surely they would .They beat second place cats by 6 goals on the cats home ground . Add to this they beat Cootamundra in last years GF and now Cootamundra are around the mark in the thirds after handing Eastlake a shellacking yesterday . Also wasn't Yass in the GF in 2016 ?

Big difference between 1 and 2

Surely they would .They beat second place cats by 6 goals on the cats home ground . Add to this they beat Cootamundra in last years GF and now Cootamundra are around the mark in the thirds after handing Eastlake a shellacking yesterday . Also wasn't Yass in the GF in 2016 ?

I honestly don't see the need for them to go up, both the 3s and 4s comps have an even balance now.

Also Yass are a small country team without financial backing and recruit through word of mouth. Going up might kill a club like that.

Goulburn shouldnt of been made to go up either a couple of years back, they haven't been as dominate in 4s since coming back down, going up and getting spanked could of turned new players away from the game.

Well if Cooma were to win i think every one would be wanting them to go up. Over the past few years it has been raised that they move up every year and they have not even been in a GF.

Yass probably could go up, but they would have a better idea of where they're at as a club.

Was having a chat over the weekend, Which club would be the most hated around the traps? Div1/2 separate to community footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, why would any club be hated ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know about hating any clubs but I do know that I hate when this chat goes back to talking about ‘Yass should be in 3rd grade’. Move on, they are in that grade - someone just beat them and stop complaining. Yes Coota did it and so did Goulburn but they made that decision and went with it. Good on Coota for still being there and competing. Goulburn tried and went back. If Yass don’t, then Yass don’t but there’s honestly no point bringing this argument up every couple of weeks because we all know it’s not getting anywhere and half the time it’s getting brought up as an excuse because your side or affiliation with whoever you may be with can’t beat them.

Anyway, good weekend of footy.

I don’t know about hating any clubs but I do know that I hate when this chat goes back to talking about ‘Yass should be in 3rd grade’. Move on, they are in that grade - someone just beat them and stop complaining. Yes Coota did it and so did Goulburn but they made that decision and went with it. Good on Coota for still being there and competing. Goulburn tried and went back. If Yass don’t, then Yass don’t but there’s honestly no point bringing this argument up every couple of weeks because we all know it’s not getting anywhere and half the time it’s getting brought up as an excuse because your side or affiliation with whoever you may be with can’t beat them.

Anyway, good weekend of footy.

I wish Goulburn had a strong enough team to be playing 3’s, the reality is until we have more than 2 people willing to help the club and grow a junior base it won’t happen. I worry about the future of the club once these last lot of 30+ year olds hang em up. Pushing Yass up would potentially ruin the club without having enough young guys in the area playing junior footy. Only so many will travel over to play from Canberra etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought all "community" clubs had to have an alignment to a senior club? Not that it necessarily means much...

From Pg57 of the local ByLaws: (http://aflcanberra.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/06/2018-AFL-Canberra-By-Laws-Final.pdf)

1.1.1 That both Clubs have an approved alliance that is registered with AFL Canberra. The alliance may cover matters of mutual assistance including promotion and relegation of players between the two clubs for all matches, coaching assistance and sponsorship arrangements.

1.1.2 Below is a list of approved Senior alignments:

a) Ainslie (Senior Grades)
i) Ainslie (Community Grades – Third and Fourth Grade)
ii) ANU (Community Grades – Third and Fourth Grade)
(1) Yass (Community Grade – Fourth Grade)
b) Belconnen (Senior Grades)
i) Cootamundra (Community Grade – Third Grade)
(1) Belconnen Magpies (Community Grade – Fourth Grade)
c) Eastlake (Senior Grades)
i) Woden (Community Grades – Third and Fourth Grade)
d) Gungahlin (Senior Grades)
i) Batemans Bay (Community Grades – Third and Fourth Grade)
(1) Goulburn (Community Grade – Fourth Grade)
e) Queanbeyan (Senior Grades)
i) Googong (Community Grades – Third and Fourth Grade)
(1) Southern Cats (Community Grade – Fourth Grade)
f) Tuggeranong (Senior Grades)
i) Molonglo (Community Grades – Third and Fourth Grade)

Any ANU player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Ainslie for the opportunity. Any excess ANU players should be made available for Ainslie and vice-versa.

Any Yass player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Ainslie for the opportunity. Any excess Yass players should be made available for Ainslie (Fourth Grade).

Any Cootamundra player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Belconnen for the opportunity. Any excess Cootamundra players should be made available for Belconnen (Fourth Grade).

Any excess Belconnen players should be made available for Cootamundra.

Any Woden player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Eastlake for the opportunity. Any excess Eastlake players should be made available for Woden.

Any Batemans Bay player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Gungahlin for the opportunity. Any excess Batemans Bay players should be made available for Gungahlin and vice-versa.

Any Goulburn player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Gungahlin for the opportunity. Any excess Goulburn players should be made available for Batemans Bay (Fourth Grade).

Any Googong player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Queanbeyan for the opportunity. Any excess Googong players should be made available for Queanbeyan and vice-versa.

Any Southern Cats player that wishes to test themselves at a higher level should contact Queanbeyan for the opportunity. Any excess South Cats players should be made available for Googong (Fourth Grade).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back