Game Day AFL Draft Night 23 - Which bust will Dodo and * Select tonight. Prayers for Harley Reid to save him from the dump that is WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

No, cause I was reading that thread about a flog St Kilda drafted who is a bully who made a disabled student at High School's life hell, and you frankly embarrassed yourself by defending him, even though we have seen testimonials on this forum who knows the victim personally.
I didn't defended him and when I responded, the rumour wasn't even out like it is now and I and most people hadn't heard it. A poster made reference to a rumour that he had no idea if it was true or not. I said if he doesn't know if it's true why spread it? And he had a little tantrum :embarrassedv1: "THIS IS MY ST KILDA SAFE SPACE GUYS, I CAN SPREAD RUMOURS ALL I WANT" and then he threw his toys out of the pram and I just wondered if this is what 120+ years of failure does to a person's psyche??

I didn't defended him and when I responded, the rumour wasn't even out like it is now and I and most people hadn't heard it. A poster made reference to a rumour that he had no idea if it was true or not. I said if he doesn't know if it's true why spread it? And he had a little tantrum :embarrassedv1: "THIS IS MY ST KILDA SAFE SPACE GUYS, I CAN SPREAD RUMOURS ALL I WANT" and then he threw his toys out of the pram and I just wondered if this is what 120+ years of failure does to a person's psyche??

It was pretty funny that melt to be honest

But there is simply no reason why Arie's high school behaviour can ever be condoned, and he was also banned for getting drunk whilst under-age

Saints have a real bad egg there.

But there is simply no reason why Arie's high school behaviour can ever be condoned, and he was also banned for getting drunk whilst under-age

I don't know if its true but it seems very believable. If it is true it's absolutely horrible and it will be difficult to support his career, but also people can mature and become better people with age so hopefully he does that.

images

I don't know if its true but it seems very believable. If it is true it's absolutely horrible and it will be difficult to support his career, but also people can mature and become better people with age so hopefully he does that.

I see no reason why it's not true, as the poster who spoke up about was very adamant about it, and also he fell very late in the draft when he was supposed to be a projected top 25 or so pick.

I would never support someone like that if they were drafted to Carlton.

I understand your sentiment about maturity and growing up, but some things are just really very hard to forgive.

I see no reason why it's not true, as the poster who spoke up about was very adamant about it, and also he fell very late in the draft when he was supposed to be a projected top 25 or so pick.

I understand your sentiment about maturity and growing up, but some things are just really very hard to forgive.
bob-vb.gif

Just look how TFG turned out after a few misunderstandings in his early career

There are some genuinely s**t acts, and what he's been accused of is clearly one. But also remember that people can, do, and (hopefully) must change. This kid at 18 is not who he will be at 25, at 30, 40, 55, 70, etc. He needs to be given the opportunity to grow and develop into the best possible version of himself. Hopefully a professional environment encourages that, and he is able to reflect and take ownership of his mistakes and become a better person. Because the alternative, that there are no second chances, that no one can change, that redemption and forgiveness are not a part of human nature, creates a world that is Hobbesian where life is nothing but "nasty, brutish, and short."

There are some genuinely s**t acts, and what he's been accused of is clearly one. But also remember that people can, do, and (hopefully) must change. This kid at 18 is not who he will be at 25, at 30, 40, 55, 70, etc. He needs to be given the opportunity to grow and develop into the best possible version of himself. Hopefully a professional environment encourages that, and he is able to reflect and take ownership of his mistakes and become a better person. Because the alternative, that there are no second chances, that no one can change, that redemption and forgiveness are not a part of human nature, creates a world that is Hobbesian where life is nothing but "nasty, brutish, and short."

Sage words and advice as usual JC.

St Kilda definitely need to keep him on a very tight leash though.

Fevola was bit of a D/H himself when he arrived at Carlton, and Parko later admitted that the club was way too slack in not discipling him (he already had issues with the grog when he was drafted)

Maybe getting away from his mates in Tassie (who are probably are a bad influence) is a good thing for Arie.

If he makes it at AFL level, hope he finds the decency and courage to apologise to the disabled kid he bullied in high school and try make amends in some way.

I love a good character redemption story. Steggles (Tyson Stengle) is one of my favourite non Carlton players for how he has turned his life and career totally around after hitting rock bottom in Adelaide

Sage words and advice as usual JC.

St Kilda definitely need to keep him on a very tight leash though.

Fevola was bit of a D/H himself when he arrived at Carlton, and Parko later admitted that the club was way too slack in not discipling him (he already had issues with the grog when he was drafted)

Maybe getting away from his mates in Tassie (who are probably are a bad influence) is a good thing for Arie.

If he makes it at AFL level, hope he finds the decency and courage to apologise to the disabled kid he bullied in high school and try make amends in some way.

I love a good character redemption story. Steggles (Tyson Stengle) is one of my favourite non Carlton players for how he has turned his life and career totally around after hitting rock bottom in Adelaide

There's plenty of guys that make it, and plenty that don't. What matters is they're given the chance, what happens next is up to them 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back