Multiplat AFL Evolution 2 - pre-launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can possibly see the physical copy delayed if the lockdown restrictions are enhanced.

This would be a nice little boost to the coffers given the current predicament.

Perfect time to bring the game to the US too. They got a little taste of the real stuff when nothing else was on. Chuck the game up on their storefront for cheap and get some sales.

Perfect time to bring the game to the US too. They got a little taste of the real stuff when nothing else was on. Chuck the game up on their storefront for cheap and get some sales.
This is why I really hope the game is actually good.

Better off giving them real games to watch if you want to market it overseas. AFL games usually suck, and the standards for American/international sports games are pretty high.

Important update on the AFL Evolution 2 Release.

As you know, the current COVID-19 pandemic has had a big impact on everyone and we all have to play a part in helping containment.
We have been listening to your pleas for an earlier release for AFL Evolution 2 to help fill the current sporting void and have worked hard to try and make that happen.
In an effort to help reduce physical contact, disc copies of AFL Evolution 2 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will only be available initially through online retail store orders. AFL Evolution 2 will also be available digitally on the PlayStation and Microsoft stores. Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will now be releasing a week early on the 16th of April.
The Nintendo Switch version of AFL Evolution 2 is set to release on the 14th of May, it will also be available physically through online retail stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop.

You can find more pre order details from our retail partners EB Games, JB Hifi and The Gamesmen, and also at www.aflevolution2.com.au

A week early but can't buy it in store

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Important update on the AFL Evolution 2 Release.

As you know, the current COVID-19 pandemic has had a big impact on everyone and we all have to play a part in helping containment.
We have been listening to your pleas for an earlier release for AFL Evolution 2 to help fill the current sporting void and have worked hard to try and make that happen.
In an effort to help reduce physical contact, disc copies of AFL Evolution 2 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will only be available initially through online retail store orders. AFL Evolution 2 will also be available digitally on the PlayStation and Microsoft stores. Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will now be releasing a week early on the 16th of April.
The Nintendo Switch version of AFL Evolution 2 is set to release on the 14th of May, it will also be available physically through online retail stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop.

You can find more pre order details from our retail partners EB Games, JB Hifi and The Gamesmen, and also at www.aflevolution2.com.au

A week early but can't buy it in store
Nothing on PC?

AFL EVOLUTION 2 RELEASE FAQ

There has been a little confusion and a few questions regarding our post last night, so here are some answers to help:

Q: I pre-ordered from EB Games/JB Hifi to pick up in-store, will I still get my copy?
A: EB Games:
- All pre-orders made instore or via Click & Collect from EB Games up until COB Wednesday 25 March will be available for collection instore pending Government regulations.
- From Thursday 26 March pre-orders must be made via ebgames.com.au for home delivery.
JB Hifi:
- Pre-orders that were made before the announcement on the 25th of March will still be available for in-store pick up at launch pending Government regulations.
- All future orders must be made online at jbhifi.com.au and for home delivery only.

Q: Will AFL Evolution 2 be available outside of Australia?
A: Yes, the downloadable version AFL Evolution 2 will be available overseas as follows:
- PlayStation 4: USA, Canada, Europe, UK, Africa, Middle East and New Zealand on the PlayStation Store on April 16th
- Xbox One: Worldwide on the Microsoft Store on April 16th
- Nintendo Switch: USA, Canada, Europe, UK, Africa, Middle East and New Zealand on the Nintendo eShop on May 14th
Q: If I order a physical copy from an online retail store, will it arrive after the release date?
A: Copies of AFL Evolution 2 will be shipped to retailers well before the release date to ensure that they can be delivered in time for launch.
Q: Will the retail Switch version be a card or download code?
A: The physical Switch version of AFL Evolution 2 purchased from online retail stores will be a Game Card, not a download code.
Q: Will we get to see a trailer or gameplay video before launch?
A: Yes, there will be a trailer coming soon. We will also be showing gameplay before launch.
Q: What is happening with the PC version?
A: The AFL Evolution 2 is still planned for release on PC, but the priority has been on getting the console versions out as soon as possible.
As a reminder, stay home, stay safe, and order online!

Q: What is happening with the PC version?
A: The AFL Evolution 2 is still planned for release on PC, but the priority has been on getting the console versions out as soon as possible.
Geez, they really gave us some clear information here. We knew it'd still release on PC, we just don't know if it's being brought forward like the other platforms. Bloody hell...

Could see the appeal to owning all the games in physical form, would be a rather unique collection. If I recall correctly, AFL Live on the WII was the port for AFL Live 2 on consoles, hence why AFL Live 2 was such a mess on console.
AFL live on the Wii is its own game. AFL live 2 is just heavily based on the Wii game that’s why AFL live 2 and Evolution are such a mess.

Well Evolution was pretty great, best AFL game they've released by far, so I'm pretty excited for this game. Recently started playing Evolution again and it holds up pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back