Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to slow the play down a lot and make the animations smoother. I would actually like the ability to chip it around and hit free men, rather than jamming it on the ball to a contest.

All in all enjoying it a lot so far. This has a lot of potential if they use this as a base to build off for future years. Best footy game I’ve played so far

Do you play offline?

Quick question for those with experience - As an EB Games level 1 member, it says I can return within 7 days of purchase.

I ordered from Gamesmen, order sent Monday from them is Syd to Melb, AusPost said it was due to be delivered Thursday (yesterday). Zero other tracking info, of course it didn’t show up. So now with a 4 day weekend thanks to a single religion deciding so, no AFL game till Tuesday.

I had a order in at EB games, and they called to say it’s ready yesterday. Reckon I can pick up tomorrow, play that copy, and return the one from Gamesmen (got it for $70 there vs $99 at EB) to EB games for a full refund?

Or alternatively, if they will be able to tell the copies are different (not sure how), should I return the used copy on Tuesday? (Anyone have experience with takin get up this 7 day policy - refund, or justbstore credit?)

Cheers
EB would accept that I've done it before but I don't think they are accepting trade ins at the moment

They need to slow the play down a lot and make the animations smoother. I would actually like the ability to chip it around and hit free men, rather than jamming it on the ball to a contest.

All in all enjoying it a lot so far. This has a lot of potential if they use this as a base to build off for future years. Best footy game I’ve played so far

so can’t you use the sliders for that?

So I can confirm that I can play it through my US PS Plus account despite buying it on my Aussie :D

However it was unplayably laggy and glitchy. Too be expected with an Aus to US connection perhaps, and they had 3 guys logged in. To be fair, it did rate the connection as "weak"

PS has worked like that since PS3. I had a second US account on there purely to buy games that were not available here. Only thing it ever limited was which region DLC you could buy.

I mean the Unreal Engine, like any game engine, is simply a blank canvas on which to paint your game.

But I do get your point. Curious to see how this plays...

On a related note I remember Ross BigAntStudios saying how for AFL Live 1 the player's body was split into top and bottom for animations, such that if a player was being tackled around the waist they could still give off a handball, or if they were being tackled around the chest they could still get off a kick.

Indeed, Unreal is a blank canvass, at Big Ant we've chosen another path, we have our own built from the ground sports specific engine that allows us to bring elements from each game to the next. e.g. shared Stadium tech, player tech, player/stadium/logo creators, etc. each game, whether it be Cricket or Tennis enhances the next.

You've got a great memory, indeed we did split the animation so that you could handball cleanly while being tackled (i.e. Kouta lifting the one arm, ball in hand and getting it off.)

Quick question for those with experience - As an EB Games level 1 member, it says I can return within 7 days of purchase.

I ordered from Gamesmen, order sent Monday from them is Syd to Melb, AusPost said it was due to be delivered Thursday (yesterday). Zero other tracking info, of course it didn’t show up. So now with a 4 day weekend thanks to a single religion deciding so, no AFL game till Tuesday.

I had a order in at EB games, and they called to say it’s ready yesterday. Reckon I can pick up tomorrow, play that copy, and return the one from Gamesmen (got it for $70 there vs $99 at EB) to EB games for a full refund?

Or alternatively, if they will be able to tell the copies are different (not sure how), should I return the used copy on Tuesday? (Anyone have experience with takin get up this 7 day policy - refund, or justbstore credit?)

Cheers

Your problem is Corona - no one is accepting returns/trade-ins right now, particularly EB.

Indeed, Unreal is a blank canvass, at Big Ant we've chosen another path, we have our own built from the ground sports specific engine that allows us to bring elements from each game to the next. e.g. shared Stadium tech, player tech, player/stadium/logo creators, etc. each game, whether it be Cricket or Tennis enhances the next.

You've got a great memory, indeed we did split the animation so that you could handball cleanly while being tackled (i.e. Kouta lifting the one arm, ball in hand and getting it off.)

Man, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Evolution 2.

Man, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Evolution 2.

Firstly, we don't make AFL games and don't see WW as our competition, our bar is being set by 2K and EA, and has been for years.

The key question, as an AFL and gaming community, is not where the game is at, but more where it should be - they've had ten years and four goes at it, you don't need a review from me, the game speaks for itself - in volumes.

Firstly, we don't make AFL games and don't see WW as our competition, our bar is being set by 2K and EA, and has been for years.

The key question, as an AFL and gaming community, is not where the game is at, but more where it should be - they've had ten years and four goes at it, you don't need a review from me, the game speaks for itself - in volumes.
I reckon you're being unfair here mate.

This game has some features I think you'd be proud of if they were in a Big Ant AFL game.

WOuld Big Ant have gone way past Evo with the license? Probably. But this feels like a really good AFL game. And I can see some of the love I see in your sports games.

Interjects for a minute, clearly with x many goes the game engine should be further along. But I think they're doing ok(ish) for the budget they have. The game could be Australia's Fifa/NBA 2K (ok ok lofty statement I know) if they were given a bigger budget to play with.

It's not rocket science get the basics right and things will be golden. Aussie Rules Footy on the NES is still a fun entertaining game (and not just because of the umpires accent :p).

The previous game would be an easy 10/10 for me. It ticked a lot of boxes, and I ignored many other games to play it regularly over a 2 year period (hence why I would constantly say it was my GOTY for 2017 and 2018 :p). It captured AFL perfectly for me (hey I still like man on man footy!).

After my first game of Evolution 2, I was disappointed and my thoughts at the time were "3/10". Hated the slow and choppy frame rate (and that was the crux of it). I've only experienced minor glitches (player getting stuck and not able to move forward. And being awarded a free kick, that the opposing team took!). I've read about the other glitches, which honestly shouldn't happen if it were play tested properly.... but I won't start a be a pro mode until they are hopefully addressed in a future patch.

I'm not a game programmer, I had enough trouble going from various mini games in QBasic, to calculators, bowling games and yes/no sims in Visual Basic. So I don't have all of the answers.

Playing the game a bit more and I'd bump it to a 6/10 experience. If the patches fix what's broken it'll be a 7.5-8/10 game.
If the pc version eliminates the patchy frame rate, it'll be a 9/10-10/10 once again :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This must have been asked already, but is it plausible for Big Ant to create an Australian rules football game? Even unlicensed, I would buy it in a heartbeat over Wicked Witch, especially with the Ashes Cricket style logo/uniform creation modes.

* Five ;)

1586491288909.png

BigAntStudios you almost sound bitter with your analysis. AFL Live certainly wasn’t flawless just as Evo 2 isnt however considering how bad other footy games have been, this is certainly a ‘kick’ in the right direction.
I agree, very off-putting response from them, not to mention them laugh reacting to your comment. I’ve never really understood the love for the first AFL Live, sure they might’ve been further ahead at this point but there’s no way of knowing that. Evo 2 in my opinion is way better and more enjoyable than any other AFL game

Ross, is that you?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why is Dustin Martin so dark
Saw somewhere that Rowell had dark skin

I can see why they can be mistaken

AA271119DB0865.jpg

Sorry, I'm just going to keep posting my thoughts as I have them. I know they're all negative but the positives far outweigh the negatives for me, just want to mention the negatives.

Anyone else feel that once a player evades one tackle you may as well just give up? I've had spuds fend of 3 tackles in a row far to often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back