Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think in creating so many new ways to play they could be in danger of over complicating it as well. There's a few weird moments as an attacking player (both with and without ball as your team moves around you).

I'm thinking its Unreal Engine related

I mean the Unreal Engine, like any game engine, is simply a blank canvas on which to paint your game.

But I do get your point. Curious to see how this plays...

On a related note I remember Ross BigAntStudios saying how for AFL Live 1 the player's body was split into top and bottom for animations, such that if a player was being tackled around the waist they could still give off a handball, or if they were being tackled around the chest they could still get off a kick.

Also it's 7AM in the United States and whilst it's up on the Xbox store it's nowhere to be seen on the US Playstation store. I think I'll give it until the end of my work day before I just give in and buy it on xbox :cool:
Is it expected out in North America on PSN Store this week or next? Assuming it will happen next week on the original slated date if its not been pushed out by now this week. Still can't believe after all these years Sony still insists on maintaining their regions for submissions. Could save a lot of devs a lot of needless pain (and waiting). :rolleyes:

Is it expected out in North America on PSN Store this week or next? Assuming it will happen next week on the original slated date if its not been pushed out by now this week. Still can't believe after all these years Sony still insists on maintaining their regions for submissions. Could save a lot of devs a lot of needless pain (and waiting). :rolleyes:

I saw that the US store updates on Tuesday whereas Australia, the UK and Europe update on Thursdays. I suspect it won't be up until Tuesday then.

I instead just created an Australian account since I still have an Aussie Credit card and got it though that. Cheaper too.... 99 AUD is like only 62 USD these days and it'll probably be 70 USD when it hits the store.

I am 99% sure I'll be fine to play this on playstation plus even though that's on my American account. Will report back...

I saw that the US store updates on Tuesday whereas Australia, the UK and Europe update on Thursdays. I suspect it won't be up until Tuesday then.

I instead just created an Australian account since I still have an Aussie Credit card and got it though that. Cheaper too.... 99 AUD is like only 62 USD these days and it'll probably be 70 USD when it hits the store.

I am 99% sure I'll be fine to play this on playstation plus even though that's on my American account. Will report back...
Ok cheers mate, will be interested to hear if online play works fine for you, I imagine it will too.

I have a Canadian account, so I'll be holding out for the PSN release. 99 AUD is ~87 CAD at moment, so hoping it will be 70-ish CAD if lucky, but likely it will be 79 CAD. Cheap bastard I know, but since moving back to oz from overseas, the Aussie game prices burn a hole in your wallet pretty quick if you like buying new releases.

Ok cheers mate, will be interested to hear if online play works fine for you, I imagine it will too.

I have a Canadian account, so I'll be holding out for the PSN release. 99 AUD is ~87 CAD at moment, so hoping it will be 70-ish CAD if lucky, but likely it will be 79 CAD. Cheap bastard I know, but since moving back to oz from overseas, the Aussie game prices burn a hole in your wallet pretty quick if you like buying new releases.

Ahh damn, I was hoping that I would have an American to play online against!

And yeah it looks like the Canadian store is basically the same as the American (I just checked using a VPN)

Ahh damn, I was hoping that I would have an American to play online against!

And yeah it looks like the Canadian store is basically the same as the American (I just checked using a VPN)
Yeah I'd checked on my PS4 couple hours ago too once I heard about the Sony Europe PSN release, no dice.

So I can confirm that I can play it through my US PS Plus account despite buying it on my Aussie :D

However it was unplayably laggy and glitchy. Too be expected with an Aus to US connection perhaps, and they had 3 guys logged in. To be fair, it did rate the connection as "weak"

So I can confirm that I can play it through my US PS Plus account despite buying it on my Aussie :D

However it was unplayably laggy and glitchy. Too be expected with an Aus to US connection perhaps, and they had 3 guys logged in. To be fair, it did rate the connection as "weak"
Haha, nice it worked, but yeah par for the course at that distance. I remember several years ago having some luck playing AFL Live 1 online from Canada to Oz, but connection quality and lag varied greatly. Usually just happy to finish a game. Perhaps I was getting lucky every now and then and finding opponents in US, never bothered to ask them where they were from.

This the best footy game ever. The loose man stuff is a game changer. The ability to switch also. You can get some actual football possession chains going.

Marking has some skill component to it. The timing aspect tackling is huge. It's no longer just a homing button.

once they drop the patch, Ill edit all the teams, and away we go on multiple seasons

once they drop the patch, Ill edit all the teams, and away we go on multiple seasons
I swear I thought I heard Twistie saying something about being able to update teams/stats on their end without needing to drop a new title update each time. Was curious to know if this meant they were planning on pushing server-based changes to team data (and perhaps even gameplay tweaks potentially) as some other games have done in the past.

This the best footy game ever. The loose man stuff is a game changer. The ability to switch also. You can get some actual football possession chains going.

Marking has some skill component to it. The timing aspect tackling is huge. It's no longer just a homing button.

What is your camera angle used? I have just started and I think end to end is best for getting possession chains and kicking nicely to leads, but it's very hard to switch since you can't (to my knowledge) rotate the camera with the player.

The kick out camera, where it rotates with your player's direction, is great! I just wish you could do that around the ground (can you???)

A hilarious glitch in Pro Mode:

My character is selected for both Vic sides. The game things I am Metro on the menu. Game thinks I am Metro on the ground. Camera thinks I am Country. So I can control my player from the view of someone else.

Exact thing happened to me as well. I was playing for the Northern Knights (as they're my local team) and was surprised when I got picked for Vic Country - thinking Metro was more appropriate. Played one or two games for Country, then came up against Metro - where my direct opponent was... Me! Like you the camera focussed on my Metro doppleganger, while my controls were on my Country version. Made the game unplayable so I just simulated. Since then I've been playing for both teams and I suspect I'll play myself again in the final. I hope it won't have any long term issues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear I thought I heard Twistie saying something about being able to update teams/stats on their end without needing to drop a new title update each time. Was curious to know if this meant they were planning on pushing server-based changes to team data (and perhaps even gameplay tweaks potentially) as some other games have done in the past.
I heard that aswellwe've assumed ratings coming with the patch but I don't think that's been said explicitly

What is your camera angle used? I have just started and I think end to end is best for getting possession chains and kicking nicely to leads, but it's very hard to switch since you can't (to my knowledge) rotate the camera with the player.

The kick out camera, where it rotates with your player's direction, is great! I just wish you could do that around the ground (can you???)
The switching is clear on side to side far, but Im still messing arund with cameras.

The switching is clear on side to side far, but Im still messing arund with cameras.

Side to Side would be better for the switch yeah but I find that down field I am just kicking in hope since you can't really see that far ahead.

It's a learning curve - once you get used to it it's actually really easy. Took me a while as I am s**t at gaming unless it's a MOBA. The penny dropped yesterday and flogged the Pies. Was a good feeling lol.
So realistic, the Pies getting whipped.

Just had a very nice play when i kicked it to the right pocket from full back, then switched to the left and found myself outnumbering the opposition, so I moved the ball swiftly up the ground and got it to full forward.

This highlighted though the need for the ability to rotate the camera side to side in the end to end camera. The switch I made was based purely on the mini map... I couldn't actually see the player I kicked to in the opposite pocket but I could at least see they were free.

Coxer isn't as wealthy as he once was, but I've bitten the bullet and bought it off the Xbox store just now. Got 6 days off work and I'm not *in waiting for the delivery all that time. Last delivery post for me

Keen to join all you cucks in heaven for the next week. Amen

Quick question for those with experience - As an EB Games level 1 member, it says I can return within 7 days of purchase.

I ordered from Gamesmen, order sent Monday from them is Syd to Melb, AusPost said it was due to be delivered Thursday (yesterday). Zero other tracking info, of course it didn’t show up. So now with a 4 day weekend thanks to a single religion deciding so, no AFL game till Tuesday.

I had a order in at EB games, and they called to say it’s ready yesterday. Reckon I can pick up tomorrow, play that copy, and return the one from Gamesmen (got it for $70 there vs $99 at EB) to EB games for a full refund?

Or alternatively, if they will be able to tell the copies are different (not sure how), should I return the used copy on Tuesday? (Anyone have experience with takin get up this 7 day policy - refund, or justbstore credit?)

Cheers

Quick question for those with experience - As an EB Games level 1 member, it says I can return within 7 days of purchase.

I ordered from Gamesmen, order sent Monday from them is Syd to Melb, AusPost said it was due to be delivered Thursday (yesterday). Zero other tracking info, of course it didn’t show up. So now with a 4 day weekend thanks to a single religion deciding so, no AFL game till Tuesday.

I had a order in at EB games, and they called to say it’s ready yesterday. Reckon I can pick up tomorrow, play that copy, and return the one from Gamesmen (got it for $70 there vs $99 at EB) to EB games for a full refund?

Or alternatively, if they will be able to tell the copies are different (not sure how), should I return the used copy on Tuesday?

Cheers
EB will want the proof of purchase plus the packaging intact for a full refund which would likely mean any of their stickers and pricing on it. I don't know if EB are doing many returns or trade ins given the virus situation either

They need to slow the play down a lot and make the animations smoother. I would actually like the ability to chip it around and hit free men, rather than jamming it on the ball to a contest.

All in all enjoying it a lot so far. This has a lot of potential if they use this as a base to build off for future years. Best footy game I’ve played so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back