Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading 62 pages of this high brow content, allow me to state the following:

1. Ordered mine online from JB at 5pm Monday. Received today.
2. Changed the sliders before even starting to play it. The game is still FAST and scrappy. Smothering, strange free's etc- BUT the fact that there are so many customisable options from goal kicking to marking and umpiring is a godsend.
3. Patches will improve this a lot.
4. Its good fun. There's lots of ways to enjoy it. So don't worry about the $ - just enjoy it.

62 pages summarised! 🤙

After reading 62 pages of this high brow content, allow me to state the following:

2. Changed the sliders before even starting to play it. The game is still FAST and scrappy. Smothering, strange free's etc- BUT the fact that there are so many customisable options from goal kicking to marking and umpiring is a godsend.
4. Its good fun. There's lots of ways to enjoy it. So don't worry about the $ - just enjoy it.

62 pages summarised! 🤙

You missed roughly 3-4 more points crying about your delivery status.

62 pages summarised! 🤙

How did you find the delivery though?

What camera settings are people using? I’m going side, mid, 35 zoom and 60 height.

I find it gives a good view of everything within a kick away, and have had a bit of success with a kick/mark style from kickouts all the way up the boundary and into our 50.

Might mess around with the sliders tonight, but after my first hours with the game I’m surprised by how much fun it is. Some work is needed, absolutely, but there’s a noticeable difference in playing styles and the tactics actually work. Plus you can mark the ball in this one!

Had a pretty good online game against some guy controlling Melbourne (vs the mighty Hawks). First quarter was relatively even, but he pulled away in the second quarter while I was keeping up in terms of getting the ball down to my end, I fluffed up 5 shots at goal. He had the momentum in the second and third quarters (scoring blitz in the second, while he was good at blunting my attacks at goal in the third). I stormed home in the fourth, came within a whisker of winning (worked out that torpedo's from 50/just outside 50 were my best chance of scoring from set shots, otherwise it was going coast to coast in a running play toward goal). Kicked 3 goals to get 6 points behind. One last charge at goal with seconds left, went for a mark which was punched away. Then he took the ball down to his wing as the siren sounded.

WHAT A GAME!

I wouldn't expect anything until the original release date

So Christmas 2020 ? :p jk

I just picked a copy up from local JB HiFi, played one game and floated around the menus. First impressions are that it feels good, just need to get re-used to the controls. Commentary is good even though it's still clunky at times. Lot of weird details overlooked by the dev team - player and team ratings aren't even close. Apparently East Fremantle (near bottom for past few years) have the same ranking as Subiaco (unstoppable, would beat half of the lower Afl teams IRL). My first practice match was between East Fremantle and NT Thunder at a PACKED Optus Stadium! I was excited to hear they had made the guernsey creator more detailed but it still doesn't allow FULL custom guernseys only preset designs with custom colours and logo/number changes - no grey colour options either because it's on a sliding colour pallete. Hopefully future updates will sort some of these simple things that detract from the experience.

Had a pretty good online game against some guy controlling Melbourne (vs the mighty Hawks). First quarter was relatively even, but he pulled away in the second quarter while I was keeping up in terms of getting the ball down to my end, I fluffed up 5 shots at goal. He had the momentum in the second and third quarters (scoring blitz in the second, while he was good at blunting my attacks at goal in the third). I stormed home in the fourth, came within a whisker of winning (worked out that torpedo's from 50/just outside 50 were my best chance of scoring from set shots, otherwise it was going coast to coast in a running play toward goal). Kicked 3 goals to get 6 points behind. One last charge at goal with seconds left, went for a mark which was punched away. Then he took the ball down to his wing as the siren sounded.

WHAT A GAME!

So Christmas 2020 ? :p jk
Epico

20200409_171327.jpg

I'm getting this really annoying issue where the corners of the game are getting cut off. Half the time is missing etc. Thought it could have been the aspect on my TV but that wasn't the issue. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the game yesterday

Decided to go coach, sim season. Stunk up the joint so decided to play rd 23. I couldn’t get my hands on it (think I went senior level, or maybe 1 above) I hated it so rage quit. Got sacked by the crows after 1 season, then by Canberra in the neafl after 1 season. I made the sanfl finals with the crows reserves but went out in straight sets. Then got hired by the crows again. I made the ‘96 lions look good.

Decided to lower difficulty.
Played an exhibition game in prospect. Beat port adelaide with the crows AFLw side.

Today I upped the difficulty again (the level below senior) laughed at when you can start games. I had an 1145pm north Adelaide vs Norwood game in heavy rain. Somehow drew a crowd. Won that.

Went into career mood again, this time as an sanfl coach. Sent north Adelaide finals bound for a couple of seasons, finally made the grand final but lost (this is simming) eventually turned to s**t. But 1 season was remarkable. Started 1-5 bottom of the league. Was entering the final game of the year. Away to 1 loss crows side. Was 1 game and about 10% out of the top 5. I’d given up. @0 minutes quarters, sim gave me a 260-62 point win. Okay, I’ll take that. Made finals. Lost semis though.

Decided now to actually play a season, 10 minute quarters at senior level with the crows. Thought I’d made a decision when down 50-6 at 1/4 time to Sydney. Finally got my head around the game controls and some things are becoming natural. Made a huge comeback but fell short in a 107-107 draw. Made an epic mistake though. I forgot to hold down circle on set shots to be accurate. Sloane missed a goal from 10m out right in front because I tapped circle and he sprayed it :(

At least my momentum followed through and I beat port adelaide ~110 vs ~80

If I dominate the year I’ll up difficulty again in finals. There is a lot I can do better.

View attachment 854969

I'm getting this really annoying issue where the corners of the game are getting cut off. Half the time is missing etc. Thought it could have been the aspect on my TV but that wasn't the issue. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix it?
That’s annoying me as well.
And something else in the top right corner was being cut out too

I’ve just bought and downloaded the game for PS4.

confused!
On the main menu I can only choose Single Exhibition Match and only between Richmond vs GWS. Also there is no commentary or club song.

The only other option I can pick is Training.

Is there something I need to do?
I played one match and it says I am on Level 2. XP 60/1600

Can someone explain why the Guernsey designer has "328" designs but actually starts at 214 and skips from 249 to 324? Can you unlock more?

That’s annoying me as well.
And something else in the top right corner was being cut out too

Try set "HUD Overdraw Mode" to ON
Under Options > Visual

I’ve just bought and downloaded the game for PS4.

confused!
On the main menu I can only choose Single Exhibition Match and only between Richmond vs GWS. Also there is no commentary or club song.

The only other option I can pick is Training.

Is there something I need to do?
I played one match and it says I am on Level 2. XP 60/1600

Ok...on the information page that it still had 3gb to download.

problem solved

I wish I had more control of my taps in the ruck. I dominate the ruck but have nothing to show for it because you either punch the ball a mile or to an opposition player.

That set up where there is a free player on each side, why can't I hold l2 to do a soft touch right into the receivers hands rather than punch the ball and hope he can run back onto it before their half forward runs in?

View attachment 854969

It took me more hours to fix than I'd like to admit to. Basically, it's a setting called Overscan. I have a Kogan TV and to change this setting I had to get into the factory menus to fix:

1. Change your TVs input to the HDMI port you want to adjust.
  2. Press the 'Menu" button followed by 2, 0, 0, 8 on the remote. This should display the factory menu on the TV.
  3. Select the first option 'Factory Menu' by pressing the OK button on the remote.
  4. Scroll down to the 'Overscan' option and press OK, this will bring up the overscan menu.
  5. Select each setting and reduce it to 0.
Note: Also have the preset aspect ratio you want to use set. I changed the settings on 19:9 then had to go through it all again what I switched to auto

Remove this Banner Ad

Back