Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I complained about the delivery posts on day one since it was clogging the thread, now I need your help you experienced delivery receivers

Just got an email from JB saying mine is about to be picked up by their carrier. Should I expect this by tomorrow? I’m not home tonight/tomorrow morn 😬
I ended up giving a call to JB last night after the previous night they pretty much guaranteed I'd have got it by that day, they let me come in to store and buy physical copy so I could play and told me once the copy comes in the mail I could return that one for refund.

Guess what just came in the mail today after almost a week since ordered with express :)

I'm Buying it online 👌
Then you sir, have my respect.

FWIW i'll probably also be a silly kent and buy it online this afternoon
There's no guarantee that the extra $20 goes to the developer. Sony could easily be pocketing that, and knowing Sony, probably do.

I would have bought it online if it wasn't such a lag behind physical release. The game might not be "worth" 99 bucks, but I'll certainly get more than 99 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

I've mucked around with the game in free roam. This is the frame rate an actual match should be (well the frame rate kind of dips as soon as you hit the button for the kicking animation, then it starts jittering a little).

Also #firstworldgamingproblems - having to press down on the thumb stick to bounce the ball. I'd rather it be the Y/Triangle button.

Why on earth can't you view a players attributes in team management? How am I supposed to know who to put on the wings and flanks etc. It doesn't even show their height..
You have to go to player browser to view their attributes and there doesn't appear to be a general kicking value??

Last edited:
So I never played the first, but this one on default settings is almost unplayable for me.

Apart from lowering "run speed" and "tackle distance" for both user and CPU, any other suggested adjustments?
Set shots up to 55, metre speed up to 55 and play on to 55 made career mode enjoyable for me as a FF

There's no guarantee that the extra $20 goes to the developer. Sony could easily be pocketing that, and knowing Sony, probably do.

Exactly, i reckon the developer is lucky to take a chunk of JB's $79.

No way are they getting anything additional from the overpriced PS store. It's just money wasted if you have a choice.

Think it comes down to how patient everybody is. JB is shooting themselves in the footy by not having copies available to compete with online.

Had my first game of it, being a die hard NBA 2K Fifa player I was pleasantly surprised & impressed with it, as I wasn't expecting a heap from it compared to those two games.

Had my first game as Port Adelaide against Brisbane in career mode as coach and had a entertaining 114-82 win after Brisbane kicked the first 4 goals within 4 minutes, and they came back to 14 points in the last quarter. Borrowed the slider tips from on here to tweak the game a bit and was really impressed with it.

A couple of patch tweaks to fix a couple of bugs will help it but it represents AFL really well and is by far the best AFL game of the lot. I never played the first one, but having read the reviews here thought I'd have a go of it, feel it will pass the time while we all wait for the footy season to start.

8/10 from me for it, will spend a fair bit of time playing it.

Whether someone is prepared to pay for it at that price is the question. Did you order it from JB at $79 or from the PS store at $99.95?

If it's the former then you are a total hypocrite. Why wouldn't you fork out more for the game which apparent desperately needs your support?
Wicked Witch/Tru Blu don't make a different amount on what it sells for. Wholesale price doesn't change. The retailer makes that money. That's the PS Store/EB Games making (for example) $30 on the game while JB makes $10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does 99.95 seem a bit excessive for a digital download?

Not sure if I should wait or not.
It will be that price for a long time so unless you get the hard copy from JB for $20 cheaper you may as well. These games don’t reduce in price as they don’t sell enough to make a profit at the cheaper prices

Surely this is bullshit?

I'll bring Relton and Cain Ackland out of retirement if that's the case.

Not Bullshit. Only played one online ranked game and opponent was the Eagles with an All-Australian lineup plus his own created player (presumably maxxed out as he was marking everything) at Full Forward. I played the game out but won't be returning to that s**t. As the other bloke said, on what planet are you to think that allowing custom teams in ranked games is a good idea?

Not Bullshit. Only played one online ranked game and opponent was the Eagles with an All-Australian lineup plus his own created player (presumably maxxed out as he was marking everything) at Full Forward. I played the game out but won't be returning to that s**t. As the other bloke said, on what planet are you to think that allowing custom teams in ranked games is a good idea?
AFL Ultimate Team?

If it is still $78 at JB I'd suggest buying it from them. It's fun, need a patch or two from some funny bugs but is, imo, the best AFL game to date and the sliders are really helpful even if I haven't got my head around them.

Very few games are worth $100 imo (let alone digital copies which should be ******* cheaper as it's a ******* download) but so far I am getting my $78 out of it

They can't be cheaper as a download as it would kill the physical industry.

Also, it blows my mind that games in the USA are 60 or 70 dollars new when wages in the USA are so much lower than here

That's like 110 AUS

They can't be cheaper as a download as it would kill the physical industry.

Also, it blows my mind that games I the USA are 60 or 70 dollars new when wages in the USA are so much lower than here

That's like 110 AUS
Another reason just to buy physical

Thoughts on PS4 vs Xbox One? I don't want any boring console war. I just want to know which one has the best online community, in terms of both the number of players and the amount of shared content (I guess that it isn't shared cross platform?)

It's out on the US Xbox live store (as of 2am) but not the PS4 store. I also suspect it'll be cheaper on Xbox, but I have more friends on PS...

Lol @ EAD PS store

Remove this Banner Ad

Back