Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So I’m playing Eagles/Dogs, and English just took it out of the ruck. Boundary throw in, I messed around with the ruck a bit and English just took the opportunity to go himself.

How do we do this ourselves, because it would be a genuine game changer.

Last edited:
Wow Fiery Hawk, that's a blast from the past. I remember checking the threads every day to see if he'd posted any more inside info.

I got my name in DBC14 thanks to the "post your name and get it in the game" thread but then it got turfed out of the successive games. :( I was shattered.
Looking at the DBC17 spreadsheet of commentary names, we had the small count of 6007 surnames in there. We definitely did shrink down the list, I think just as a pure time saver. Having a commentator say 6000+ surnames is rough and means you're probably spending half or a full day just saying names! When cricket doesn't tend to utilise surname usage as much as other sports do it just isn't worth it.

I do get the pain though.

Does anyone have a Camera that they have found doesnt suck ?
Most people seem to like the behind the play angle, but I've found side, mid, 55 height, 35 zoom to work well. Have stuck with it and, combined with the R1/RB player lock, have no issues hitting up targets down field.

Most people seem to like the behind the play angle, but I've found side, mid, 55 height, 35 zoom to work well. Have stuck with it and, combined with the R1/RB player lock, have no issues hitting up targets down field.
interesting
what do you have the rotation and movement speeds at ? and is marking still look at landing ?

interesting
what do you have the rotation and movement speeds at ? and is marking still look at landing ?

Haven’t touched them, and marking is still look at landing.

That’s what it looks like. Everything within about 1.5 kicks is in screen, and quick glances at the radar are extremely useful for finding a teammate by themselves if you think you’re stuck for options.

Haven’t touched them, and marking is still look at landing.

That’s what it looks like. Everything within about 1.5 kicks is in screen, and quick glances at the radar are extremely useful for finding a teammate by themselves if you think you’re stuck for options.

What is the default for the rotation and movement because I've changed them (presuming both 50 but not sure) ? That looks good actually

What is the default for the rotation and movement because I've changed them (presuming both 50 but not sure) ? That looks good actually

50. Given it’s a side camera, I’m not really sure what rotating needs doing, but I’ve left them both and haven’t had any grief yet.

The key to it is to use the radar and R1 as needed, because you can see open players on the radar and lock in to them to kick up field, where otherwise it would be closer to a blind kick.

All I can say is I'd rather Big Ant make AFL and it's not even close. Their Cricket games aren't perfect but by jeez they absolutely demolish WW attempts at their AFL games. AFL Live was made nearly 10 years ago and still beats what's being put out sadly. As an avid AFL fan that isn't something I want to admit.
A bit suspicious but I like it

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you can apparently now take it out of the ruck, but this one felt a little bit unfair compared to the very good Tim English one above.

Also lol at Saad in the ruck. Marsh series be damned, give him a go in the ruck.

Good find. Looks like it might be a bit exploitable with them unable to be tackled during the animation though.

Anyone had the bug where the AI oppo turn into genuine idiots? Playing as GC vs Geel on Hall of Fame difficulty and every second kick is either a 10 metre skyball that bends like a boomerang, or an errant kick to no one that inevitably lands out on the full. There’s been like 6 OOFs before half time and the Cats still haven’t kicked a goal. There was one ridiculous instance where they had it in a clear position 20m from their defensive goal line and snapped the ball through my behind posts for a deliberate rushed. It was crazy. It’s like the AI has forgotten how to play. I swear I had a similar bug in Evo 1. My patience is beginning to wear thin.

Anyone had the bug where the AI oppo turn into genuine idiots? Playing as GC vs Geel on Hall of Fame difficulty and every second kick is either a 10 metre skyball that bends like a boomerang, or an errant kick to no one that inevitably lands out on the full. There’s been like 6 OOFs before half time and the Cats still haven’t kicked a goal. There was one ridiculous instance where they had it in a clear position 20m from their defensive goal line and snapped the ball through my behind posts for a deliberate rushed. It was crazy. It’s like the AI has forgotten how to play. I swear I had a similar bug in Evo 1. My patience is beginning to wear thin.

When I boot up the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like this one?

yeah my first preseason game in my 2nd year of a coach career was something. Switch kicks that went backwards 40m into my f50 that ended up being a simple mark for one of my forwards, AI kicking a behind from the top of the goal square as well.

also had one of my back pockets go to the goal square and be there unmanned after any stoppage, has anyone else had this?

******* hell lol. A bug nowhere near as gamebreaking as that genuinely brought the EA Sports NBA Live franchise to its knees in 2010. And we’re putting up with this.

classic

So I’m playing Eagles/Dogs, and English just took it out of the ruck. Boundary throw in, I messed around with the ruck a bit and English just took the opportunity to go himself.

How do we do this ourselves, because it would be a genuine game changer.

I also noticed this for the first time today
Is it possible for WW to implement these sort of actions without a patch ?
If so, would be good if they told us how to do it 🙃

******* hell lol. A bug nowhere near as gamebreaking as that genuinely brought the EA Sports NBA Live franchise to its knees in 2010. And we’re putting up with this.
They had competition though. NBA 2K11 is still widely considered one of the best 2K games of all time.

I also noticed this for the first time today
Is it possible for WW to implement these sort of actions without a patch ?
If so, would be good if they told us how to do it

Given the English one looks like a mark animation and the Saad one looks like the speccy animation I wonder if it’s the same controls as marking, when your ruckman has a significant amount of space.

Given the English one looks like a mark animation and the Saad one looks like the speccy animation I wonder if it’s the same controls as marking, when your ruckman has a significant amount of space.
Interesting if this is the case because the AI always look for body contact in the ruck so I wonder if it’s possible for us to do it as effectively as the AI

Interesting if this is the case because the AI always look for body contact in the ruck so I wonder if it’s possible for us to do it as effectively as the AI

There are times where I’ll easily clear the opposing ruckman aside and should be able to just grab and goal, so I wonder if you get that early push on them if you can do it.

I’ll give it a bash in exhibition. Big development if it’s not just a coincidental bug.

About to go through people's thought's on it and see if it's worth purchasing or not. Haven't really enjoyed an AFL game since the good old super Nintendo day's. Geez I'm getting old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back