AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my first game in 9 days, still know the player placements and where to go to take makes, be ready for handballs and kicks to me etc....... It took a bit of time to get used to the speed AND my very first kick attempt was out on the full :D.

Took until late in the second quarter to finally kick a goal, but slowly getting used to it again.

What's the go with GWS? Playing a season on hard and have been competitive against all sides until I came up being flogged by GWS Rd 20. Couldn't even touch the ball.

Also any tips on training in be a pro coaching. Do you do team training or individual rankings. I've only had one round where 3 players had 155 pts to spend. All other rounds I might get 1 point to spend on a player.

I noticed I had control of the bench on career mode, but had to play as "censored". You have to go online to be able to change your name, but then you loose control of the interchange. Frustrating buggy game.

This game is really good, playing it a lot, has a lot of potential with future updates. Finally a modern game that kind of does what you'd expect and what you wished for to some degree.

In regards to the commentary, if you turn it to 100% the theme is "comedy", they've turned most of it into humour, and some of it is so bad that it's good/brilliant, and what i mean by that is, they've made the lines memorable and cringey, where as a predictable commentary wouldn't be as memorable and it sort of works in a self-satire kind of way. Dennis and Richo are kind of self parodying their commentary and the result is a fun experience, though a few lines are very tacky.

It would have been better had they got Bruce or BT in there though for a full throttle AFL vibe..

But they now have a good base to upgrade for future releases..

Hopefully they do this instead of constantly rebuilding new games every time.

We've never had an AFL game that simply gets updated.

We all know that in a perfect world BA would have held onto the rights and 2-3 upgrades by now...

But Evolution is pretty good to be honest and it's a lot of fun to play..
I remember they updated/patched AFL live 1 to fix marking and bumping and the game became worse.

You know the games s**t when Pokémon go gets more attention.

Must fix:
Player names on commentary.
Interchange control in be a pro.
Tap on / handball button.

Everybody buy me a drink, it's my birthday.

I feel like a lot of issues could have been avoided had the developers known more about the AFL.

- If a player is on the edge of their range they can't just simply kick a torp and it's all good, for one torps are hard to get right, and even when you get them right they don't necessarily go straight.
- Speckies should be rare, and if you're in a marking contest and a teammate is in front of you, you don't just sit on their head and go for a hanger.
- Shepherd off the ball shouldn't be called when the ball is 5 metres away.
- When you are tackled you can't unload a 30m direct handball to a running teammate.

I am loving this game and playing a lot of it, just these things are really irking me

speckies aren't that common to be honest, and i think the inclusion is a notation of the history of the game and the appeal of the high mark, again some people will like it and some won't, the problem here is that if you don't include it then the criticism of no speccy then exists, i think it makes the game fun to include it..

Because what sort of loser development team makes themselves a 95 rated team to put in the game, and who on earth decides to play them?

Like, do EA make themselves a team that's better than Barcelona?

Sent from mTalk

fair enough...

am i assuming that it's because they want you to be able at some point be good enough to beat them and they've done it for a laugh?

oh well it's their game i guess, but i can see your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because what sort of loser development team makes themselves a 95 rated team to put in the game, and who on earth decides to play them?

Like, do EA make themselves a team that's better than Barcelona?

Sent from mTalk
Yeah I've never liked the dev teams in games. Used to see it a lot more in the old days. It's a bit obnoxious, and no one's ever going to use them.

i have a question.

is there a way to actually cause holding the ball in this, every time i make a tackle it's a ball up, do i need to press another button at the same time as tackling to cause the player to drop the ball??

i have a question.

is there a way to actually cause holding the ball in this, every time i make a tackle it's a ball up, do i need to press another button at the same time as tackling to cause the player to drop the ball??

After a bounce or a play on from a mark it should trigger.

Yeah I've never liked the dev teams in games. Used to see it a lot more in the old days. It's a bit obnoxious, and no one's ever going to use them.
it's a fairly neutral decision though, nobody has to use it, they probably did it to show off the team creator part of the game.

The part that grinds my gears is the ridiculously high rating, that's all. At least if it were 70 - 80 then it would be ok.

I didnt play the game for the past 10 days and going back to it, I still consider it more fun than NBA 2K (which has been patched like 9 times and is beyond ruined)

It really does need just one big patch to make the flow, marking and coaching more unpredictible and tweak the banana/torpedo angles when kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back