AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm looking forward to the new 2018 Season Pack but I actually have a question for BigAntStudios.

Considering you guys have self-published AO International Tennis, Ashes Cricket and the upcoming Gridiron Champions. Is there a chance that you guys could get the AFL license in the future by yourselves and finally get your chance to improve on AFL Live 2011?

I'm not asking because I hate AFL Evolution with a passion and wish everyday you guys were back (There is room for improvement but compared to AFL Live 2, This was a huge leap for Wicked Witch and if they do AFL Evolution 2, I hope they can improve on things. It's a 6-6.5/10 game. Fun to be had but not the best game ever made.), But because you've always had a passion for Aussie Rules Ross and the fact you guys are now in a position to publish your own games.

I'm actually interest to hear your answer.

The fact that they made AO Tennis, DBC17 and the Ashes are the reasons that BigAnt should NOT be allowed without 1,000 feet of ever making any game ever again, let alone an AFL one.

(I'm still struggling with how they totally stuffed AO Tennis so that now, you hit it out on almost every ball).

I think if the AFL showed a bit more faith in them and didn't ask them to create rush jobs or games to balance the books, Ross and BigAnt would probably leap at the opportunity. But i think it would take some sort of disagreement between Wicked Witch and Tru Blu or something similar for that opportunity to open up. It's not healthy for the series to keep bouncing between devs. However, Evolution showed great signs of improvement on Live 2, so if Evo 2 improves even more, maybe there'll be less hate and people will start to embrace Wicked Witch. If Evolution 2 comes out as a steaming pile or turd or just hasn't improved, things might change.
AFL seem to finally be getting with the times and embracing e-sports. And who knows, if the A-League's E-League starts to gain any traction at all, the AFL might put more emphasis on Evolution and throw more money to it so they can do their own thing

What's all the love for BigAnt?

Their recent offerings have shown that if they ever had a clue about making games, they lost it.

DBC17, AO Tennis, Ashes Cricket, need I go on.

More and more I wonder if Big Ant fluked it with AFL Live 1 being a great game.

What's all the love for BigAnt?

Their recent offerings have shown that if they ever had a clue about making games, they lost it.

DBC17, AO Tennis, Ashes Cricket, need I go on.

More and more I wonder if Big Ant fluked it with AFL Live 1 being a great game.
ashes cricket was a sick game

The fact that they made AO Tennis, DBC17 and the Ashes are the reasons that BigAnt should NOT be allowed without 1,000 feet of ever making any game ever again, let alone an AFL one.

(I'm still struggling with how they totally stuffed AO Tennis so that now, you hit it out on almost every ball).
AO Tennis is so much better now. They rushed the release so that the game would be out in time for the Australian Open and it was only released in Aus and NZ with the worldwide release coming in May. This gave them time to work on it and now the product is a much better game.

AO Tennis is so much better now. They rushed the release so that the game would be out in time for the Australian Open and it was only released in Aus and NZ with the worldwide release coming in May. This gave them time to work on it and now the product is a much better game.

I love Big Ant (AFL Live's gameplay is still light years ahead of anything else, including Evolution, and the DBC core gameplay is great) but how many times have we heard this from them? Seems to be a habit of biting off more than they can chew.
Both Bradman games had glaring issues at release, DBC 17 in particular had massive issues, many of which are still present and will now never be fixed (thanks to dropping the Bradman franchise like a hot brick as soon as Ashes came along after saying they were committed to making it the #1 cricketing franchise, but that's another story).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like just played game st kilda me and sydney played against and franklin on wing and nick smith centre half forward in career mode.

with the teams changing for unrealistic line ups is programming problem with afl evolution only they can fix it, spoke to guy who works there. Will not be in next upgrade for 2018 so really sure if worth the money

Yeah i've played numerous games where Nat Fyfe is full back etc. In all honesty, the only way i've fixed it is by injuring someone in that position. Injured Zac Dawson who was at RR (Fremantle thank me later) and they moved Fyfe into the middle to cover him

with the teams changing for unrealistic line ups is programming problem with afl evolution only they can fix it, spoke to guy who works there. Will not be in next upgrade for 2018 so really sure if worth the money
Yeah it's most likely using an arbitrary or unrelated value to decide who is next inline for each position, rather than having a stat/value for each player's proficiency/preference in a position and selecting based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back