AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which really sucks. You'd think they'd actually be putting in effort seeing as they're a small dev team who have their chance to make a name for themselves. Maybe it's budget, maybe it's lack of skill. They're based in Melbourne too aren't they? So they'd know how passionate we all are about AFL. And to top it off, there was that guy on here a few months back, who "worked" for Wicked Witch and would have read our comments. Surely they'd be putting some effort in to create a great game

They're based in Sydney. I just think they're not too keen on Football. A big contrast to Big Ant's interests, thus their game has been the standard for 6 years running. I think that one guy was just an animator, who probably is a fan. I don't think the main people are. Another argument I see is we have to put up with their low budgets and lack of time for no real reason other than more dud Footy games produced. If you had real artistic integrity (like one developer had) you'd be inclined to want the best game possible, thus you'd be pushing for a better budget and more time. Wicked Witch obviously don't care about that, it's really just putting food on the table.

Last edited:
5299788baf0a39bf04f9f4128c6df375.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They're based in Sydney. I just think they're not too keen on Football. A big contrast to Big Ant's interests, thus their game has been the standard for 6 years running.

Seems that way unfortunately! Hopefully Big Ant are willing to snatch back the AFL rights as soon as they can

Seems that way unfortunately! Hopefully Big Ant are willing to snatch back the AFL rights as soon as they can

I think they should do an unlicensed game like they've done with cricket. The problem is just breaking even. As Football becomes a bit more international, I think they may look into it some more. Ross has shown plenty of signs of wanting to make another Footy game, just not at the moment.

They're based in Sydney. I just think they're not too keen on Football. A big contrast to Big Ant's interests, thus their game has been the standard for 6 years running. I think that one guy was just an animator, who probably is a fan. I don't think the main people are. Another argument I see is we have to put up with their low budgets and lack of time for no real reason other than more dud Footy games produced. If you had real artistic integrity (like one developer had) you'd be inclined to want the best game possible, thus you'd be pushing for a better budget and more time. Wicked Witch obviously don't care about that, it's really just putting food on the table.

Gee... Talk about stupid! Your saying Wicked Witch are in Sydney. Um... NO! Wicked Witch are from Melbourne. CHECK THEIR TWITTER!
Wicked Witch: https://twitter.com/wickedwitchnews
Tru Blu: https://twitter.com/trublugames

It's Tru Blu who are from Sydney! The Publishers are from Sydney, the developers from Melbourne.

DO THE RESEARCH! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Last edited:
And to top it off, there was that guy on here a few months back, who "worked" for Wicked Witch and would have read our comments. Surely they'd be putting some effort in to create a great game

I think Wicked Witch would actually like to make a great AFL game, they just don't have the ability. In the same way I'd love to be able to play guitar like John Petrucci. Even if I had a year to practice, it'd still never happen because I just lack the finger dexterity. Give Wicked Witch as long as you want to make an AFL game, they just don't have what it takes. At their core, they're mobile app makers who bit off more than they could chew in the console world.

I think Wicked Witch would actually like to make a great AFL game, they just don't have the ability. In the same way I'd love to be able to play guitar like John Petrucci. Even if I had a year to practice, it'd still never happen because I just lack the finger dexterity. Give Wicked Witch as long as you want to make an AFL game, they just don't have what it takes. At their core, they're mobile app makers who bit off more than they could chew in the console world.

It seems their game engine is only suitable for mobile games. Just can only hope that now with the game engine from sidhe (In which they made Rugby Challenge 3/copied Rugby Challenge 2) they are smart enough to make a better game and from scrach. They have the software power now. THEY NEED TO SHOW IT NOW! (But most likely they are not)

AFL Live 2 is amazing, for an IOS game. I love it, play it on the bus, play it at work (just won the 9thorn in career mode). But you guys are right, anything other than mobiles, their games are just lackluster. I just hope i eat my words and they prove me (and 99% of bigfooty) wrong and give us an enjoyable, repayable product. I have no idea how the industry works, so i guess i should just stop slamming them. Just a frustrated footy fan sick of having to take out my PS4 sporting cravings on international sports instead

Last edited:

All it shows is that you don't do research. If you like a game and want it, you will check social media for the publishers and developers meaning you would know this information. I knew Tru Blu were from Sydney back when sidhe made Rugby League games.

Also on the topic of Wicked Witch making AFL Wii, Sidhe made rugby league 3 on wii. http://www.rugbyleague3.com/media.php

Just goes to show that if Wicked Witch are actually using sidhe's engine for this game we should get a good game even for next gen. But HOPING.

All it shows is that you don't do research. If you like a game and want it, you will check social media for the publishers and developers meaning you would know this information. I knew Tru Blu were from Sydney back when sidhe made Rugby League games.

Also on the topic of Wicked Witch making AFL Wii, Sidhe made rugby league 3 on wii. http://www.rugbyleague3.com/media.php

Just goes to show that if Wicked Witch are actually using sidhe's engine for this game we should get a good game even for next gen. But HOPING.

Because I confused them with Tru Blu, who claims to have also developed Live 2? It's not even a big deal, it's amazing you felt compelled to create an account because your jimmies were russled over spilled milk.

Because I confused them with Tru Blu, who claims to have also developed Live 2? It's not even a big deal, it's amazing you felt compelled to create an account because your jimmies were russled over spilled milk.

The only reason why they said Live 2 was by Tru Blu was because wicked witch were upset with the work and didn't want to have the credit for it. Most likely because it was Tru Blu pushing them around with trying to develop it in a strict tight schedule.

I didn't create an account for this. I'm actually wanting to complain why Wicked Witch are taking SO DAMN LONG to develop this game. They revealed the rating some more information should have come out by now. I'm also trying to tell people that if they are saying that they are using sidhe's software and if they make it from scratch they will make a good game but knowing wicked witch they won't, but to stop complaining about their previous work and see what they do, they say they are using a new game engine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he didn't point it out in such an angry way, I probably would have pointed it out like a correction.

If he didn't point it out in such an angry way, I probably would have pointed it out like a correction.

I only pointed it out in an angry way because it annoys me when a simple thing like that can be found out just by research. Also, basing a companies performance on their location is wrong. Whatever company, whatever location should be able to develop products. If a company is from Sydney and is making an AFL game doesn't mean they they don't care about their product.

I only pointed it out in an angry way because it annoys me when a simple thing like that can be found out just by research. Also, basing a companies performance on their location is wrong. Whatever company, whatever location should be able to develop products. If a company is from Sydney and is making an AFL game doesn't mean they they don't care about their product.

I never said their location was the issue, you're making that up entirely. Furthermore, development was done in Sydney as pure Tru Blu's claims on Facebook of having their own internal developer along with Wicked Witch. You're getting belligerent over nothing.

I never said their location was the issue, you're making that up entirely. Furthermore, development was done in Sydney as pure Tru Blu's claims on Facebook of having their own internal developer along with Wicked Witch. You're getting belligerent over nothing.

Then exactly who was the internal developer? In which could be the reason as to why Live 2 has turned out crap. If it was just Wicked Witch itself who knows how the game would of come out. Then the question is why are people complaining to wicked witch on Live 2? Because they were the only developer that showed they put development work into the game. Which means people need to cut wicked witch some slack and give them a chance.

Now wicked witch seems to be the only developer for AFL Evolution, lets see how it goes!

Then exactly who was the internal developer? In which could be the reason as to why Live 2 has turned out crap. If it was just Wicked Witch itself who knows how the game would of come out. Then the question is why are people complaining to wicked witch on Live 2? Because they were the only developer that showed they put development work into the game. Which means people need to cut wicked witch some slack and give them a chance.

Now wicked witch seems to be the only developer for AFL Evolution, lets see how it goes!

It was in a post Tru Blu have since deleted that they were developing it. I believe it was clarified in the credits they were involved partially developing it. Wicked Witch were the main developer, that's why they're issues with them.

It was in a post Tru Blu have since deleted that they were developing it. I believe it was clarified in the credits they were involved partially developing it. Wicked Witch were the main developer, that's why they're issues with them.

Still it could have been the difference for making the game great or how it is... crap. Lets see how they do with AFL Evolution using "Sidhe's engine"

still nothing...
Someone needs to go to a training session and ask a player if theyve modelled for an upcoming AFL game.

Id go and ask some players if i lived anywhere near any! Have tried the old twitter/facebook/email questions to Tru Blu and Wicked Witch and haven't recieved anything. Pretty crazy that a game that they'd be desperate to sell copies of is wrapped in non-disclosure agreements.

Do you guys think this confirms women will be part of the game ? Looks like they were scanning Tayla Harriss kicking style IMG_4689.jpg

Do you guys think this confirms women will be part of the game ? Looks like they were scanning Tayla Harriss kicking style View attachment 318367
Not trying to sound condescending or anything but, you do realise sport scientists use 3D technology to identify weaknesses in kicking technique and running techniques. I'm not saying that's what they are doing. There is also a chance that you are right, i'm just saying that that's not the only reason she could've been scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back