AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more 9 more player faces until a big reveal with trailer, screenshots and release date. So approx. 9 teams 7 days. 63 days, add a few more. Guessing we should have a major reveal in about 70-80 days from now.
But they practically released 5 at once to begin with so they could easily release 4 or 5 just before they release the trailer.

Lower budget sports games like this really should focus on comprehensive but easy-to-use player/team/stadium editors with community file sharing rather than wasting time trying to ensure every player looks accurate. So even if rookie 304705 looks nothing like his real-life counterpart, the community can fix it and share those fixes. Outsource it.

Lower budget sports games like this really should focus on comprehensive but easy-to-use player/team/stadium editors with community file sharing rather than wasting time trying to ensure every player looks accurate. So even if rookie 304705 looks nothing like his real-life counterpart, the community can fix it and share those fixes. Outsource it.

Agreed, harder with consoles than with PC but the PES series is a great example of this working well and building a dedicated community. Hopefully from what they've released so far of features, including player customising and fan hub means they might be at least moving towards this type of idea.

It's extra important in a sports game that wont get a yearly release, let the fans keep the lists up to date and the longevity gets a huge boost.

Not that it has to be completely either or, a base of accurate scanned in players is a nice starting point as well :)

Why the f*ck do people like stadium builders? They seem like such a gimmick and a waste of money for producers. Seriously they are just unnecessary.

Why the f*ck do people like stadium builders? They seem like such a gimmick and a waste of money for producers. Seriously they are just unnecessary.
I assume its the same people that buy "farming simulator".

If you want to do some farming, get ur arse outside and grow a veggie patch.

It's not really my thing either (for example, in Mass Effect I always just go the default Sheppard) but plenty of people do like it and do like sharing what they've done and I think it will make more sense for the developers to make an editor to allow the community to keep the game up to date than to spend time making sure the 2017 lists, uniforms and stadiums are 100% accurate.

I doubt very much that AFL Evolution will feature Perth Stadium for example, as it won't host AFL footy this year, but I bet you that if there was an editor, someone will make one in-game and share it with everyone. And that will be awesome. Because if recent history is any guide, there won't be an AFL Evolution 2 for many years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not really my thing either (for example, in Mass Effect I always just go the default Sheppard) but plenty of people do like it and do like sharing what they've done and I think it will make more sense for the developers to make an editor to allow the community to keep the game up to date than to spend time making sure the 2017 lists, uniforms and stadiums are 100% accurate.

I doubt very much that AFL Evolution will feature Perth Stadium for example, as it won't host AFL footy this year, but I bet you that if there was an editor, someone will make one in-game and share it with everyone. And that will be awesome. Because if recent history is any guide, there won't be an AFL Evolution 2 for many years.

It's going to be interesting to see if Tru Blu or The AFL bother to listen to fans this time around. Obviously they didn't prior to Evolution, so it would seem likely that trend may continue, unless they were to get new people who do care heading their licensing department. People assume just by wishful thinking The AFL care and have a strategy to create a decent Footy game. You're giving them far too much credit there.

It's going to be interesting to see if Tru Blu or The AFL bother to listen to fans this time around. Obviously they didn't prior to Evolution, so it would seem likely that trend may continue, unless they were to get new people who do care heading their licensing department. People assume just by wishful thinking The AFL care and have a strategy to create a decent Footy game. You're giving them far too much credit there.

Well if you read their initial statement on this thread it would indicate they are definitely listening to the community by " adding best parts of AFL Live 1, the good things about AFL Live 2 (lol), and even some influence from some of the older titles, all the while taking into account as much feedback from as many people and groups as possible."

How far they will go with catering to the fans and there capability of actually producing a decent game (not just AFL) is going to be the most interesting part.

Well if you read their initial statement on this thread it would indicate they are definitely listening to the community by " adding best parts of AFL Live 1, the good things about AFL Live 2 (lol), and even some influence from some of the older titles, all the while taking into account as much feedback from as many people and groups as possible."

How far they will go with catering to the fans and there capability of actually producing a decent game (not just AFL) is going to be the most interesting part.

But was that what people were asking for? I don't recall seeing demands asking Wicked Witch to imitate all the old games. However, I saw endless enquiries for them to change developers... And now we know why Wicked Witch were chosen to take over, and it's quite obvious why they're back again.

Why is a stadium editor so important when its the type of game where you can barely tell which stadium you're having a match in? The side cameras show the oval from end to end, not so much the stadiums themselves.

Why is a stadium editor so important when its the type of game where you can barely tell which stadium you're having a match in? The side cameras show the oval from end to end, not so much the stadiums themselves.

It was the third thing I mentioned after player and team as the only other thing I could think of that could potentially have an editor :D

People took it and ran with it as if it was the only thing I said :drunk:

It was the third thing I mentioned after player and team as the only other thing I could think of that could potentially have an editor :D

People took it and ran with it as if it was the only thing I said :drunk:

So you're the stadium-editing catalyst? I condemn you! lol nah its a good idea for a game but I dont think for AFL Evolution there's much use of it. Hopefully we can get a few old stadiums/ovals, since AFL Live 2 featured some.

Side note: take Sam Mitchell out of your signature. Yes he is a Brownlow Medalist but he didnt win it at WCE lol and by default.....

I will join the "when does EB say it's coming out conversation." I didn't even mention an AFL game, I was in there about DBC, and as I was leaving he told there was an AFL game coming out early April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back