AFL Game Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading that Ross & his team @ bigant are passionate about AFL & making the game, I think we're in good hands.

Question, Since the last AFL game (2007), stat related games like supercoach & dream team have taken off in a big way. Will the game be using the AFL associated dream team type points for who it decides is best on ground??

In the past, a forward could have 5 disposals & 1 goal & get best on ground if their back pocket opponent didn't touch the ball.

The last time we all went through a pre game thread for AFL premiership 2007, stats was one of the highest talked about items. Stats & leaderboards are awesome & I'm sure you'll implement them at least on par with previous titles.

I bet you had a blast with the TROPHY/ACHIEVEMENT features.
We created some humerous ones in the other thread.

I bet you had a blast with the TROPHY/ACHIEVEMENT features.
We created some humerous ones in the other thread.

The trophy meetings are one of the best to be at - the trophies we didn't put in are hilarious... and mostly defamatory :)

I'll have to check it out in the other thread.

If the hair's the wrong colour then I'll update it first thing in the morning - if it's the right colour then I'll post the original photo :)

The logo's will be the ones that are used at the grounds, these are placeholder.

Looking at the original, I think the guys got it pretty darn close, it's pretty red - must have just had the peroxide done :)

(We will touch up the colours of all players before release.)

Any info you can give us on the holding the ball decision in the game?

In previous games it was just random and all tackling animations were pretty much the same. It was like lucky dip weather it was holding the ball/push in the back etc.

Is there like an aggression button that results in high tackles or in the back? Or is it a timing thing?

^^ This is where I like that they've made the Rugby game already. Surely the biggest part of that game is the tackling and this will/can rollover into the AFL version. Main difference, I guess, is tackling from other angles, but still, you know what I mean.

Well... my avatar is of Eddie... (Although very small...)

The jumpers will be *exactly* as those they play in.

If someone could do a poll on who you want as a player head then I'll post it by week's end. (Let's not kill the thread with too many posts about it though!)

From one Carlton man to another, i'd love to see a screenshot of the mighty Juddster. :D

In previous entries of AFL games he's simply been a generic 'baldnut', and looked exactly the same as the likes of Chapman etc. So i'd love to see what features you've given him to break this mould (eg. his smirking smile, his grimicing look when catching his breath on-field etc.) and how you've distinguish him from other stock standard baldies. :thumbsu:

Judd will look like Judd just cause he's bald.
I'd like to see if you have captured a player without any obvious features.

Show us someone standard. Maybe a Cotchin, Murphy or Monfries (just picking names at random).

Hey Ross seeing that you can do snaps and bananas, can you also do grubber kicks in this game, like dribble the ball along the ground making it curve/spin etc.

I think that would be a great inclusion and would allow for us to kick some miracle goals.

Initially I wasn't going to even try this game out based on experiences from the last couple of AFL games. But after what BigAntStudios has said, I'm very keen on this game now :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Ross seeing that you can do snaps and bananas, can you also do grubber kicks in this game, like dribble the ball along the ground making it curve/spin etc.

I think that would be a great inclusion and would allow for us to kick some miracle goals.

Yeah I'd love to see that, can think of being Leon Davis, Alan Didak or Buddy chasing the ball along the boundary then snapping or check-siding a kick along the ground with a vacant goal square with the ball bouncing right to left or left to right.

To implement something like this I reckon it would be cool when your about to collect the ball along the boundary there should be a 1-3 second window to push a button that would quickly zoom in on the player like a 3rd person view or something in slow motion. Then seeing an arrow which you control with the joy stick and quickly get and angle on the ball to kick it so it dribbles along the ground.

Just an idea lol.

He is coming :)

nat.jpg

Rofl no one here wants a SANFL Game so they should stop asking questions about it.

I'd love to see my Westies flog Carlton.

Be good if i could play 1983 West Adelaide team V 2010 Carlton team.

Ian Borchard would smash Judd!!!! Roger Luders would kick ten.

I'm joking (about wanting this in the game) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back