AFL Hunter Coast 2013 - Black Diamond Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember sneaking into Newcastle No 1 on a footy trip in between 02-07, can't remember which GF it was, but there was a hole in the fence up near the toilet block.

For those playing at home, you may recall a naked bloke walking out to shake the umpires hands? It was that year. He lost his keycard and we paid him to do it.

I remember sneaking into Newcastle No 1 on a footy trip in between 02-07, can't remember which GF it was, but there was a hole in the fence up near the toilet block.

For those playing at home, you may recall a naked bloke walking out to shake the umpires hands? It was that year. He lost his keycard and we paid him to do it.

I generally don't have an issue with getting into the finals for free because I am a donkey. I remember one year one of them Docker dudes on the gate tried to charge me $10 but after a short argument in which I presented the fact that I am classified as Fauna I was allowed in.

Pekay I was at that game (2007 from memory) and I at the time was sitting next to, lets just say a very promiscuous lady who has quite alot of... how shall we say this ... ‘experience?’ and her exact words RE: said streaker were “Why does that Lady have two belly buttons? Oh hang on. Eeeewwwwww”

True Story

I generally don't have an issue with getting into the finals for free because I am a donkey. I remember one year one of them Docker dudes on the gate tried to charge me $10 but after a short argument in which I presented the fact that I am classified as Fauna I was allowed in.

Pekay I was at that game (2007 from memory) and I at the time was sitting next to, lets just say a very promiscuous lady who has quite alot of... how shall we say this ... ‘experience?’ and her exact words RE: said streaker were “Why does that Lady have two belly buttons? Oh hang on. Eeeewwwwww”

True Story

And I'll be quoting this lady verbatim tonight at poker. Much appreciated!

Big win by Cardiff this weekend. I would have thought TA would have been at about $1.20 for a win. Does anyone have the story of the game?

1) Prices for the gate haven't changed in 10 years
2) Under 16 free
3) NEAFL game was run and organised by AFL NSWACT not the BDAFL.

Good to see the BDAFL throwing some of the gate takings back into the league to support the growth of the game. Oh that's right some newcomer to the league thought it would be better to support a charity instead of the league he is in charge of. I'm all for charity but surely it's a no brainer that any money that the BDAFL can throw back to the clubs it would!

btw what happens to the wooden spooner in premier div - RELEGATION ????????????????????????

have the bdafl decided on their position on this as i am sure it will be a topic of conversation in a few weeks ... if the marlins win the div 1 comp undefeated should they be promoted ... if lake mac or singo take the prem div spoon will they get demoted

btw what happens to the wooden spooner in premier div - RELEGATION ????????????????????????

have the bdafl decided on their position on this as i am sure it will be a topic of conversation in a few weeks ... if the marlins win the div 1 comp undefeated should they be promoted ... if lake mac or singo take the prem div spoon will they get demoted

What is the point of Singleton getting relegated? They'll just go back and win a Ressies comp undefeated again next year.

Strategically I think its time for the Dockers to go down. 3 Clubs within a 10km radius of one another in Lake Macquarie with a Premier Division outfit?

Think the longterm goal needs to be a 9 team comp, 2 byes a week 16 round season everyone plays each other twice a year.

What is the point of Singleton getting relegated? They'll just go back and win a Ressies comp undefeated again next year.

Strategically I think its time for the Dockers to go down. 3 Clubs within a 10km radius of one another in Lake Macquarie with a Premier Division outfit?

Think the longterm goal needs to be a 9 team comp, 2 byes a week 16 round season everyone plays each other twice a year.

So your suggesting that a club be punished due to its location?? Cardiff has the opportunity to move out and spread the distance a little but instead will be in Warners Bays back pocket at hills borough.

So your suggesting that a club be punished due to its location?? Cardiff has the opportunity to move out and spread the distance a little but instead will be in Warners Bays back pocket at hills borough.
Nope. I think it is based on both onfield results. I do not think their location does them any favours in helping improve onfield results.
Cardiff I thought were waiting on drainage upgrade at the wallsend ground???

who cares where cardiff goes or how many clubs are in close in proximity ... whilst we have a 7 team comp this relegation/promotion process should be an objective view on the bottom teams ability to compete in the Prem Div ... if they cannot do that then they should afford another team the opportunity, particularly as the marlins have worked very hard to achieve what they have

more than happy to have an 8 or 9 team Prem Div if that is possible ... the 8th team should be the marlins but not sure where the 9th team comes from ... Gosford (doubtful as they seem to be enjoying good success in Sydney) or Maitland (not good enough yet) or other ...?????

i vote for an 8 team comp next year including the marlins ... top four (from previous year) play each other 3 times and play the bottom four twice = 17 games plus a bye weekend, wet weather weekend and rep weekend = 20 week comp (same as this season)

Hey Deitzy

It would have been a great last round game at No.1 with Cardiff and the Dogs playing for a spot in the finals. Just imagine the intensity in that little 100min battle, not to mention that it is always that way when the two clubs play.

How is Perth coming along ... you enjoying it over there?

Riz

Any prediction for the weekends matches?
Great effort by Terrigal and Nelson Bay to have strong representation on Saturday in the 2nd Semi Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to congratulate the BDAFL staff for at the very least keeping some great content on the website. It's a nice touch and adds some more feeling to the grand final. Again the BDAFL should be applauded for shaking up the league and in just 2 seasons have what looks to be a winning formulae for now. All 3 grand finals look like cracking contests. Cant recall any club ever clean sweeping the day but on form looks like City could go 2/3. Here's to some great footy on the weekend, couple of cold beers, a hot pie and a few sledges here and there.

Now to just get Gossy to rejoin the fold? :) coast footy hopefully on the rise!!!

I am not sure about that one Noodles81. I had a look at a number of Gosford games this year and if anyone suggests that them rejoining the competition would be a rise they have rocks in their head. How are Wyong looking for next season. Are they any chance of returning to the premier competition?

I am not sure about that one Noodles81. I had a look at a number of Gosford games this year and if anyone suggests that them rejoining the competition would be a rise they have rocks in their head. How are Wyong looking for next season. Are they any chance of returning to the premier competition?
I know they are not world beaters!! Lol i was more getting at it would unify the coast once more ( all playin in the one comp) etc. Altho i do believe they would be up there in div 1, and if they ever increase to two senior teams i believe it would be much easier 'closer to home'. As for wyong they have some good ppl running the place so hopefully they start to build ( on and off field) maybe a 2nd senior side but not premier div

The comp for next year is starting to take shape with just a few club/team confirmations to come. City and Terr will have 3 grades next year, im assuming Warners will altho hopefully they see more success this year Cardiff on board with 3 (i always knew they would) powerhouse on the way back up, Wyong poss second side Batto in div 2 Dockers and Singo sides only ones who really struggled hope they pick up a couple and improve

Barring afl red tape..... Muswellbrook will join bdafl next year!! Looks like the comp is certainly on the right track now and growing! Might take a while for the draw to be done but im sure it will be done to minimise clubs being seperated

Gents (and Ladies), if your club is still scrambling for a practice match we have one position left for the Tablelands Cup. We have five confirmed teams and a number of clubs still deciding on whether they will come, but our policy is first in - best dressed. Good standard of footy and great for team bonding.

2012 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 23rd March

$1000 prize money

Limited places available

Details obtained by emailing contact@newenglandnomads.net

G'day,

The 2013 TAFL premiers, New England Nomads of Armidale will again be hosting the Tablelands Cup in Autumn 2014 (date to be set soon).

2013 had good numbers with 3 leagues represented. 2014 looks to be even bigger with four, possibly five leagues to be represented by respective clubs including some southern QLD leagues/clubs. There are some details that need finalising i.e. dates and exact prizemoney (we are hoping to put more on the table). We will be sending out an offer of invitation to each club via email or fax in the near future, but please keep this post in mind and let your club officials know.

This is a great chance to have a hitout against some quality opposition, gain fitness, get out of town and bond and potentially the chance of adding some silverware to the trophy cabinet and money for the coffers.I know the clubs who participated this year had plenty of positive feedback and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Cheers.

2012-13 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 15th March

$1500 prize money

Revised format and venue

Limited places available

Details obtained by emailing tgranleese@gmail.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back