AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the international stream better quality than the local stream?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yep - see earlier posts.

In previous years, international stream = better resolution, worse framerate issues. Sounds like the latter has gone (?) this year.

To report on the 2016 AFL Live app, it's still pretty terrible. It's significantly worse than SD quality, especially when the screen gets busy.

I particularly like how the AFL's shitty live billboards completely ream the picture quality on their shitty streaming app. Bravo, bravo.

Yep - see earlier posts.

In previous years, international stream = better resolution, worse framerate issues. Sounds like the latter has gone (?) this year.

To report on the 2016 AFL Live app, it's still pretty terrible. It's significantly worse than SD quality, especially when the screen gets busy.

I particularly like how the AFL's shitty live billboards completely ream the picture quality on their shitty streaming app. Bravo, bravo.
The problem is they cant delivery a app solution when fox have purchase the rights for a monty. Its probably not breaching any terms of the contract if its s**t enough.

Just tried mine but can't find it either. I'm using Chromecast to connect my phone to my tv. Only minimal drop in quality compared to what you get on your phone.

x_les_x You might find this helpful.

Cheers mate couple of questions,
What phone do you have?
Is it really worth getting?

The problem is they cant delivery a app solution when fox have purchase the rights for a monty. Its probably not breaching any terms of the contract if its s**t enough.
Fox own the TV/cable/satellite rights and have the associated right to deliver their own product by streaming (Foxtel Play etc). They do not own the ordinary streaming rights, which are owned by Telstra.

Also, Telstra and Fox are related entities (from memory Telstra is a 50% shareholder with News Corp in Foxtel). So it's not a case of Telstra stealing business from a rival.

Ok I'm going to be up the river for round 1. What's the best way to stream games from my iPhone from the BigPond afl app onto a tv? Quality isn't an issue. Could I use q chrome cast? I have enough reception at the river (Yarrawonga) to stream games but would like it on a bigger tv.

Otherwise if I tethered Internet to my tablet is it still unmetered via Telstra. Or is that only on the actual device

Also after research I'm thinking a lightning to hdmi convetor would work.

Last edited:
Taking your profile pic as a sample of your views about image quality, I'm going to take this with a pile of salt.

Not that your childish attitude deserves a response, but that is what happens when your BigFooty subscription expires and you try and change your display image.

Also, the phrase is "grain of salt".

You might work things like that out as you grow up and gain life experience.

Cheers mate couple of questions,
What phone do you have?
Is it really worth getting?

iPhone but I hooked it up via a Samsung Galaxy edge only because I couldn't remember my iTunes password and it is worth it (IMO) it just depends on if you want to spend $60.

Last edited:
iPhone but I hooked it up via a Samsung Galaxy edge only because I couldn't remember my iTunes password and it is worth it (IMO) it just depends on if you want to spend $60.

Been using chrome cast for a good while off my samsung s5 onto our sony tv, works a treat. Have had no probs with the AFL int package.

Cheers fellas ill give it a go

Cheers fellas ill give it a go

No worries mate, it's super easy to set up as well, and don't stress when the Chromecast icon doesn't come up on the screen when you start streaming a game, go to the chrome cast app click on the drop down menu (the three lines) and click connect or cast and it will bring up your phones screen on the TV, then go to the afl app and stream, the screen will expand automatically from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries mate, it's super easy to set up as well, and don't stress when the Chromecast icon doesn't come up on the screen when you start streaming a game, go to the chrome cast app click on the drop down menu (the three lines) and click connect or cast and it will bring up your phones screen on the TV, then go to the afl app and stream, the screen will expand automatically from there.

Didnt know that this mode was not compatible with iphone :(

So does anyone know if its possible to get it from my iphone to the TV to stream games?

highly HIGHLY recommend buying an apple hdmi adaptor. Bit pricey at $70 odd and need to provide your own hdmi cable and use your lightning cable which you should have as it came with all iphone 5+, to power it. I used the chormecast, some cheap alternatives on ebay but this adaptor has given me the best result and has better quality than just the phone (maybe because its projected on a bigger screen) its not hd but makes it worth it. I picked mine up at Harvey norman they had it $3 cheaper at jb but were out of stock

So does anyone know if its possible to get it from my iphone to the TV to stream games?
I do it all the time, just mirror your iPhone to AppleTv. I normally have to upscale my aspect ratio a bit but it works really well. If you have an iPad use it instead, much better resolution.

Also, the phrase is "grain of salt".

You might work things like that out as you grow up and gain life experience.
And when you grow up even more, you might figure out that if the phrase is "grain of salt" then when someone refers to a "pile of salt" they are saying that your post needs to be taken with many, many grains of salt, such as would make up a pile.

The great thing about language is that it's flexible and you can play with it. See if you can do anything with that.

highly HIGHLY recommend buying an apple hdmi adaptor. Bit pricey at $70 odd and need to provide your own hdmi cable and use your lightning cable which you should have as it came with all iphone 5+, to power it. I used the chormecast, some cheap alternatives on ebay but this adaptor has given me the best result and has better quality than just the phone (maybe because its projected on a bigger screen) its not hd but makes it worth it. I picked mine up at Harvey norman they had it $3 cheaper at jb but were out of stock
I had my eye on that. I thought they block it via the APP. I thought apple tv blocks it as well?

I do it all the time, just mirror your iPhone to AppleTv. I normally have to upscale my aspect ratio a bit but it works really well. If you have an iPad use it instead, much better resolution.
Dont have an ipad. I thought they blocked it mirroring using apple TV with AFL Live. I only need it for 1 week when im on holidays so not to fussed with quality!

I had my eye on that. I thought they block it via the APP. I thought apple tv blocks it as well?

Well the only "live" (i.e change in quality due to connection) is afl.tv in the video tab and that what i tried, that worked fine. Ill see how it goes tommorow night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back