Game Day AFL R2 vs Gold Coast @ Metricon 5:40pm AWST 13 June 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current weather has 88% humidity?

It is the 'dry' season ;) Generally now it's lower humidity during the day and then gets higher and dewy at night.

That said, it is expected to be showery on Saturday (hasn't rained for the past two weeks prior).

Forecast is saying showers during the day, getting lighter in the afternoon - so may not be raining during the match in the evening, but it will still be slippery conditions.

I worry about the lack of agility in the forward half. It makes it hard for the players to shut down the handball circle work implemented by defenders. Rioli and Ryan were great at changing directions quickly and building pressure.

Ah Chee is a big presence in the air but defensively he won't have the agility and acceleration to put pressure on consistently.

I do like the team though, given what we have to work with and am excited to see Brander and Ah Chee's performances.

I worry about the lack of agility in the forward half. It makes it hard for the players to shut down the handball circle work implemented by defenders. Rioli and Ryan were great at changing directions quickly and building pressure.

Ah Chee is a big presence in the air but defensively he won't have the agility and acceleration to put pressure on consistently.

I do like the team though, given what we have to work with and am excited to see Brander and Ah Chee's performances.

I also don't love our forward set up.

I guess we are just going to have to get used to a forward structure without Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem to be true that the further north you go, the heavier the dew gets.

View attachment 891022

giphy.gif

It is the 'dry' season ;) Generally now it's lower humidity during the day and then gets higher and dewy at night.

That said, it is expected to be showery on Saturday (hasn't rained for the past two weeks prior).

Forecast is saying showers during the day, getting lighter in the afternoon - so may not be raining during the match in the evening, but it will still be slippery conditions.
Last wet game at night I remember it was a Freo home game and we kicked 18 or 20 goals to Freo 2 goals

Is this the best thread for any news on how your players go in tomorrow's scratch match? Interested in Nic Reid and few others

Is this the best thread for any news on how your players go in tomorrow's scratch match? Interested in Nic Reid and few others

I don't think much has been posted in regard to it so far. Either here or the Eagles WAFL 2020 threads are the most likely places for anything to come up though.

If Reid sees any time it will be strictly managed as he has had hamstring issues during the lockdown period. That said, if he does get even the slightest amount of time, he will probably kick six goals and carry his team of misfits to victory ;) .

Ex-Cat Jamaine Jones took part in match simulation before the team departed for the Gold Coast, so his ankle should be ok for the scratch match.

Posters on these forums will probably be most interested in Cameron and Williams as both have shown a lot of promise so far. If Cameron gets any time it will be very little as the club are taking a conservative approach to his recovery from OP. Treacey is a livewire forward akin to Liam Ryan when he first joined WAFL football and defenders Rotham and Edwards are developing well despite being small-bodied for their heights.

More experienced players such as Schofield, Hickey, Waterman, Vardy and Cole will be expected to impose themselves in such a match.

There will be interest here about how the excluded rung of Eagle midfielders perform - mostly in the hope that one of them starts to actually show something. Ainsworth wins contests but can't kick to save his life due to the worst ball drop in the history of football; Brayshaw digs in but can't help that he is outpaced by molluscs; Foley still has the body of a teenager at 21 and X.O'Neill provides glimpses, but doesn't get anywhere near enough of the ball. I'm sure we would be happy to borrow some of the multitudes of talented young midfielders you have over there for the morning (do we really have to give them back? :$ )

Due to the numbers available, Watson may be played higher up the ground than his customary defensive position. If so, I'd be interested in seeing how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back