Preview AFL Round 8 - Match Preview Collingwood@Carlton (MCG– 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that those predicting a belting of Carlton are in for disappointment and melts on Saturday afternoon I reckon.

Have you learned nothing from recent encounters with them?...

Yep

R14 2018 - W 20pt
R3 2018 - W 24pt
R7 2017 - L 23pt
R15 2016 - W 12pt
R7 2016 - L 15pt

Not a great track record to be honest. The great shellackings of 2015 (75pts) and 2006 (72pts) are few and far between. Otherwise we've been pretty middling and have thrown away some good opportunities to bury them.

I'm tipping a 15-20 pt win with maybe Blues ahead by Q3.

Bucks made a comment to the effect that he has played about 3 games in the last 10 weeks, so needs a substantial amount of footy before he is afl ready. Guessing that is a good 3 matches, meaning we will be lucky to see him in the 1 before Queens Bday?

You are probably right, but I’m very impatient!

I agree with the posts above, it is going to be an ugly, grindfest of a game. Carlton is going to go ultra defensive and park the bus, I’m highly doubtful that we’ll see fast flowing footy on Saturday afternoon.
There is no way that they can take us on as our forwards will destroy them. It will get ugly for them if they do.

Yep, they will play ultra defensive following last week's debacle.

You can pencil Cripps in for about 45 possessions too.

Blues will turn it into a shitfight because that's their only hope. Let's blow these campaigners away early and win by 10 goals plus.

Jordy to get more midfield time with Beama likely to rest. I think it'll be Wills and Varcoe in for Beams and Adams. Give Aishy a run in the 2's to get some match fitness.

Darcy will get the gig on McKay and you'd back him in all day long. Roughy on Casboult and Howey to C.Curnow.

Relentless footy is the order of the day, smash these pricks.

Put Aish back in.

Also, is Sier even a remote chance? Seems to be the sort who plays better with 'better' around him, so even though his recent injury/form history is not great, if he's no longer injured than this may be just what he (and we) needs.

Well according to Sam Edmund on SEN last week, he reported that Sier was going to miss several weeks because of a calf issue. Looking at our injury report however, it has him listed as test. Where did Sam Edmund get his info from??

I think that those predicting a belting of Carlton are in for disappointment and melts on Saturday afternoon I reckon.

Have you learned nothing from recent encounters with them?

It will be an ugly grind of a win.

Plus, we are likely to have two of our best midfielders out and they have a couple of good players back (plus as sr36 points out, they were in good form before last week).

Get ready for shitness.

Pretty sure Carlton are going to be missing their best two defenders, in Simpson and Jones. Controlling our forward line is going to be a nightmare for them, plus our best two mids this year are playing, in Pendles and Treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well according to Sam Edmund on SEN last week, he reported that Sier was going to miss several weeks because of a calf issue. Looking at our injury report however, it has him listed as test. Where did Sam Edmund get his info from??

Well let’s just say he can’t be sitting down and getting his info at the same time...

It's funny
The odds are crazy
Curnow will play on the skipper
No Adams no beams

Jdg will play more mid I think

Think cox will come in and our other in will be varcoe

Love wills to be given a challenge
With Kruezer back and McGovern blues will be better

Put Aish back in.

Also, is Sier even a remote chance? Seems to be the sort who plays better with 'better' around him, so even though his recent injury/form history is not great, if he's no longer injured than this may be just what he (and we) needs.
2 weeks of good form in the VFL will see him back in imo, given that Adams is out for at least a month.

"If Beams fails to come up and the Pies have to replace two key ball winners, they would likely turn to big-bodied onballer Rupert Wills, who has been in good form in the VFL.

"He's probably the best-performed of our mids in the VFL and has been around the mark for a couple of weeks now, so that would probably be the first port of call," Buckley said.

From AFL app.

"If Beams fails to come up and the Pies have to replace two key ball winners, they would likely turn to big-bodied onballer Rupert Wills, who has been in good form in the VFL.

"He's probably the best-performed of our mids in the VFL and has been around the mark for a couple of weeks now, so that would probably be the first port of call," Buckley said.

From AFL app.

Wills is a long shot on the basis of watching live. It was the journalists asking leading questions that illicited that response from Buckley. My best guess is Mayne will be the only in tonight and Aish will get a late call up if/ when Beams misses.

Have you learned nothing from recent encounters with them?

It will be an ugly grind of a win.

Plus, we are likely to have two of our best midfielders out and they have a couple of good players back (plus as sr36 points out, they were in good form before last week).

Get ready for shitness.
Yep this, will be surprise if we belt them. We will win but not by much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back