Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the comment earlier about Richards fading, and I guess the same could be said about the team's effort collectively as we had the game under control.

But having just had a look at the Telstra Tracker and it would appear he very much tipped in, so I guess it's fair enough if he did gas himself. Think players coming into their 2nd and 3rd game can start just playing the system rather than smashing themselves to try and prove themselves. Sullivan's numbers were through the roof in his 2.5 quarters against Carlton as well.

Richards would have to be in the frame for another full game but suspect one of he or Sullivan will be the sub this week.

We were down one rotation by quarter time

Two rotations by half time and one by three quarter time.

Combine that with a bunch of newer players not quite accustomed to the higher level and it's pretty understandable we dropped off. As frustrating as it was in the moment being there watching it

It’s cruel to ‘rest’ aka drop Harvey after he helped us beat Carlton the week before
Pick the best team to win the game imo
Harvey rolled his ankle & went off injured in the 1st qtr on Sunday.

Fin deserves to remain in the team after kicking 3 goals on Sunday. It's not a slight on Harvey, I think he's a great player for us .. but after Fin finally plays a full game & goes as well as he did, I think it would be madness to drop him this week.

If both can play, even better, but if I had to choose between giving Harvey a week to further recover & leaving Fin in, that's what I would choose.

Harvey rolled his ankle & went off injured in the 1st qtr on Sunday.

Fin deserves to remain in the team after kicking 3 goals on Sunday. It's not a slight on Harvey, I think he's a great player for us .. but after Fin finally plays a full game & goes as well as he did, I think it would be madness to drop him this week.

If both can play, even better, but if I had to choose between giving Harvey a week to further recover & leaving Fin in, that's what I would choose.
Oh ok, well as you can see I wouldn’t I would go Harvey assuming he’s fit which is what I got from the injury update. If he’s unfit then I’d keep Macrae and probably make him sub
I actually thought Macrae played better than Reef but we need Reef for structure obviously
Gonna be harder calls if they all back it up against the crows with Beau, Mihocek due back etc

Oh ok, well as you can see I wouldn’t I would go Harvey assuming he’s fit which is what I got from the injury update. If he’s unfit then I’d keep Macrae and probably make him sub
I actually thought Macrae played better than Reef but we need Reef for structure obviously
Gonna be harder calls if they all back it up against the crows with Beau, Mihocek due back etc
It's bizarre isn't it to think we have hard calls to make & tossing up who to omit when we have so many injuries 😆 but what a position to be in. Time for these newbies to keep showing us why they deserve to stay in when everyone is fit.

Depends on what the running session was - one paced running is less demanding than the regular sprints and power bursts that Jordy does in a game.

AFL players aren't going for a slow continuous 10km jog.

It would be a combo of steady state, short sprints, longer stride work etc to replicate match like conditions.

Knowing we have a 6 day break going to Perth next week, i daresay they'll bring him back for that game.

one of Fly's recent pre-game pressers, a journo asked about JDG and whether it was in fact OP ..Fly suggested (paraphrasing) "no, it's not but if we don't adequately de-load & manage him at this point it may progress .."

so, in summary, 'yeah nah, yeah'!
I believe in this context it would actually be “nah, yeah nah” 👍🏻

Saw Beau started some running this morning.
Checkers seemed to be going well, and doing lots of agility stuff
Mitchell and Jordy, only saw the end of their running session.

Mcstay and Eyre I saw briefly as they finished up.

TJ out of the moon boot, started running

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Beau started some running this morning.
Checkers seemed to be going well, and doing lots of agility stuff
Mitchell and Jordy, only saw the end of their running session.

Mcstay and Eyre I saw briefly as they finished up.

TJ out of the moon boot, started running
Appreciate you being there reporting good news rather than BigFooty doom and gloom :)

Out: Howe, HH, Bytel
In: Dean, Schultz, Mitchell

No room for AJ or Kreugs until they've earned their spots via the VFL. Otherwise selection integrity is damaged, if we select on perceived potential/reputation, rather than form.

(Schultz may be one of the next casualties when JDG, Checkers, Beau and Billy return)

AFL players aren't going for a slow continuous 10km jog.

It would be a combo of steady state, short sprints, longer stride work etc to replicate match like conditions.

Knowing we have a 6 day break going to Perth next week, i daresay they'll bring him back for that game.

I thought recovery tended to be slow KMs before ramping up intensity when he's close.

Out: Howe, HH, Bytel
In: Dean, Schultz, Mitchell

No room for AJ or Kreugs until they've earned their spots via the VFL. Otherwise selection integrity is damaged, if we select on perceived potential/reputation, rather than form.

(Schultz may be one of the next casualties when JDG, Checkers, Beau and Billy return)
Our kids played well up forward, but let's be real, a good forward line would have racked up a cricket score the way we were entering against WCE.

I believe in this context it would actually be “nah, yeah nah” 👍🏻
nah nah nah

it's 'yeah nah' ..yep your question's on the mark but nup it ain't what you're suggesting

and 'yeah' ..cos, in truth or if i'm honest and without gilding the lily or pissing in your pocket & tellin ya it's raining, he actually does have what you suggested ..streeeewth! :oops: ;):cool:

nah nah nah

it's 'yeah nah' ..yep your question's on the mark but nup it ain't what you're suggesting

and 'yeah' ..cos, in truth or if i'm honest and without gilding the lily or pissing in your pocket & tellin ya it's raining, he actually does have what you suggested ..streeeewth! :oops: ;):cool:
you've just summoned me

I'll be happy to win by a goal this week and get through unscathed.

Schulz gets a chance to be the focal point and I think he'll have a good game. Anything from the 'newish' guys will be a bonus.

We're going to be stretched down back. Maynard and IQ need to handle Rankine and Fogerty.

Tex gives the crows a heartbeat and if he's got Frampton's number he will grow a leg. So unless Billy has beaten Tex (game or training) I'd use Moore. Not ideal for Moore but Tex needs to be contained.

Crows mids are clearly a better group than WCE so Naicos, Crisp and Pendles need to keep the intensity up.

I'll be happy to win by a goal this week and get through unscathed.

Schulz gets a chance to be the focal point and I think he'll have a good game. Anything from the 'newish' guys will be a bonus.

We're going to be stretched down back. Maynard and IQ need to handle Rankine and Fogerty.

Tex gives the crows a heartbeat and if he's got Frampton's number he will grow a leg. So unless Billy has beaten Tex (game or training) I'd use Moore. Not ideal for Moore but Tex needs to be contained.

Crows mids are clearly a better group than WCE so Naicos, Crisp and Pendles need to keep the intensity up.
We have 0 reason to doubt Frampton, he has played very well this season

Possible line up?

e766bee6ae2202ef5ff2f88410504e57.jpg

933d22cde90c60c75c4c76fa1604ff9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back