Toast Round 10 = Collingwood 78-74 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. If you kick directly downfield to someone in the same mowing strip it’s play on then. Sometime the AFL overlook the blindingly obvious ways to remove problems
we’re the only sport that tries to make umpiring as difficult as possible and then complain about inconsistency, and now we expect them to do trigonometry. Simplify everything, make it easier and we’ll get more consistent umpiring.

Harvey’s handball in the chain leading to DeGoey’s winning goal was elite - his hands were lightening fast.
And he does that constantly, which when combined with his Footy IQ, will make him a very very good player.
Yes well observed he is so quick and accurate with those handbals .. just like then game winning one last week to Naicos!

But is it actually known how wide they are and is it consistent across all grounds?

I thought they were 10 or 15 metres now people are saying 9?

It should clearly be standardised and the umps instructed to use them to help themselves

The 9 is the goal square. Honestly, it might be a help for 50m penalties but other than that the opportunities to use 10m line measures for running, or especially kicks, is severely limited. Not necessary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats when you revert to "gut feeling" like presently
Yep and that’s probably the best we can expect I guess although I hear Melbourne are proposing retrospective scores if circumstances don’t match the expected score.
Seriously though I recommend everyone have a go at umpiring just once and see how they go.

Diagonal distance = forward distance / cos 32

The time of day doesn't make any difference.

Ah yes but what about the airspeed of an unladen swallow? How do you measure that with mown grass?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many steps does it take to ping a hamstring?

Good question. For an achilles the answer is zero.

Hey I count us as having played 31 guys so far this year, is that right? Given we have gotten zero from McStay and Murphy this season, that is a phenomenal effort. If Kreuger or Allan get a run soon, and with McStay to return, we’ll be putting up some pretty huge numbers for players played in a so far pretty successful season.

The 9 is the goal square. Honestly, it might be a help for 50m penalties but other than that the opportunities to use 10m line measures for running, or especially kicks, is severely limited. Not necessary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But it costs nothing to implement and does t affect anything or anyone negatively so why not?

Just heard a replay of the radio call on ABC. Absolutely nailed it… saud something like “ he’s run a long way”…..

Cameron ling went on to congratulate the callers on just calling as they saw it and then bagged out the tv commentators making stupid comments like the umpires should have not blown the whistle because it ruined the moment ( or whatever they said)
I watched the last quarter last night and i believe "not in the spirit of the occasion" is what was said and i think it was Gary Lyon who said it, not sure what he meant, i'm not sure if it's in the rule book, e.g. a player can run no more than 15 paces unless it's in the spirit of the occasion. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back