Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think supporters immediately blame umps

I didn't see us blaming umps for Round 0 and 1

But we did against the Saints and it was justified. It wasn't even just the 30-15 free kick count. Anyone who watches the game knows that frees that don't get paid are equally as important and match turning as the ones that do

Like Booby Hill blatantly having his arm pulled back while he was running up to take a pack mark.
So there wasn’t one thing that we could do differently over 120 mins that meant umps cost us the game?

Did you really just use free kick count as a valid reason?

So there wasn’t one thing that we could do differently over 120 mins that meant umps cost us the game?

Did you really just use free kick count as a valid reason?

Why wouldn't it be in some instances?

Is it impossible that it could be in rare instances?

In a game you lose by 15 points, I don't see why it's unreasonable for someone to think the umpires had a hand in the loss when the free kick count is that lopsided. Particularly if someone has watched the entire game unfold and has more context for it.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the umpires alone in the loss to the Saints.

Steele Sidebottom single handedly gave the Saints 4 goals in a game we lost by 2 and a half goals. Then Moore gave them another one.

I also don't look at the free kick count alone. Again, there's more context to it than that. I've always said the ones that don't get paid are just as crucial as the ones that do. Where do they get paid? When do they get paid? It goes deeper than the pure count.

The point was that your post seemed to insinuate supporters always blame the umps.

They don't. They generally blame umps when they've genuinely had an influence on the result. Like they did on Friday.

Difference is the man in green didn’t have a chip on his shoulder, because someone didn’t pick up the ball for him.

The wording of the rule says “ may” be a free kick . So depends how the up feels. And that word. Will allow the afl to tick it off.

No. The wording is “shall”. But may or shall isn’t really important in the scheme of things. It is still up to the umpire to make the call.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No. The wording is “shall”. But may or shall isn’t really important in the scheme of things. It is still up to the umpire to make the call.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you’ll find the wording is “yeah,nah” in the rule book on whether the umpire needs to be consistent with this infringement

David King nailed it when talking about that flog umpire:

“This umpire is sick of picking up the ball off the ground, because a player wouldn’t give him the ball back. Not for me. It’s too big of a penalty. Stay out of the game. The players will sort out the result. Stay out of the way.”

“This umpire is sick of picking up the ball off the ground, because a player wouldn’t give him the ball back. Not for me. It’s too big of a penalty. Stay out of the game. The players will sort out the result. Stay out of the way.”

I can't wait to yell out 'TIME WASTING' whenever the umpire inevitably fks up every second bounce in the centre & needs to call the ball back.

King also had a dig at him later on but can't remember what he said. Was funny though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't wait to yell out 'TIME WASTING' whenever the umpire inevitably fks up every second bounce in the centre & needs to call the ball back.
Or when they waste 2 minutes reviewing a goal, especially when it was clearly a goal and clearly not touched, but they still pull out the blurry horrible footage and go over it again and again and again. Now that is time wasting.

Egg Head Umpire loves to ruin collingwood games. There was an exact same play in the Hawthorn Brisbane game that the Hawthorn player threw to his teammate and it wasn't a free kick. UNELIEVABLE!!!

Difference is the man in green didn’t have a chip on his shoulder, because someone didn’t pick up the ball for him.

The wording of the rule says “ may” be a free kick . So depends how the up feels. And that word. Will allow the afl to tick it off.
Egg Head Umpire loves to ruin collingwood games. There was an exact same play in the Hawthorn Brisbane game that the Hawthorn player threw to his teammate and it wasn't a free kick. UNELIEVABLE!!!
The word is the umpires coach in the stands last Friday night was coaching in game to the on field umpires via an ear piece and telling them to penalize Collingwood for wasting time in the last quarter

Corruption ?

The word is the umpires coach in the stands last Friday night was coaching in game to the on field umpires via an ear piece and telling them to penalize Collingwood for wasting time in the last quarter

Corruption ?
Im just not happy that the same thing happened in the Hawthorn Brisbane game and it wasnt called. It was the same situation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back