Toast Round 18 = Collingwood 113-67 Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sat right in front of Walker's injury in AFL members.

There was a small amount of jeers when the cart came out after the prolonged pause in play that appeared to come from over at the Ponsford and some perhaps from the standing room behind us, but the crowd around us reacted a bit like 'WTF?' to it.

There was a standing ovation from everyone around as he was stretchered off.
This, it was literally right in front of us, I’m 5 rows from the fence, see my link, I got the whole thing on my camera. we all clapped, ididnot near one nasty thing

People hear what they want to. I had a Crows housemate who went to the PF in 2002 when Cloke clocked Edwards. She came home fuming, got on the phone to her mate and paid out on Collingwood people and how they jeered Edwards when he was taken off. She didn't know I was home and apologised to me later when she realised. I wasn't annoyed at all because at the footy your heart takes over.

However I was at the same game and it just didn't happen. Edwards was widely applauded as he was carried off- think he was flanked by trainers? Same treatment for Mcleod when he was taken off on the motorised stretcher later in the game when he did a knee, round of applause for a respected player.

I have no doubt some nitwits jeered, but to her mind it was the whole crowd howling abuse and she was livid.

There was 100% no booing
It happened near me.. the ponsford, and there was only clapping. People stood up to clap
And they went down the race which I sit near.
I was on level 2, on the wing, i didn't hear any booing, there was a lot of concerned people, that clapped when he was taken off the ground.

If they are gonna scrutinize booing, then do it for all games, i hear a lot of booing that isn't a Pies game. Do we hear anything about that??

Last edited:
The whole booing thing is just another salty journalist (Freo supporter to boot) trying to drum up controversy that doesn't exist knowing Collingwood is treated differently in the media to other teams (Sydney supporters have been booing players weekly since our game against them).

I was on the wing in the AFL Members on Level 4

The only jeers I heard were from down where the cart came out after waiting 53 hours to finally come out

The entire stadium clapped/cheered him off and all winced when they saw the replay

It was obvious the bloke was seriously injured when he had the green whistle and I do not think any fans boo an injured player and our supporters are no different to anyone else in that regard.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my pics from the game if your interested:

(you need to click and scroll through, they look blurry in the album, but they are not!)

Some really good shots there.

I used to play 'where is the ball' comp in The Sun decades ago, as I haven't bought it since it don't know if they still do it. It was fun.

These two photos would have tricked me.

2023-07-17_110144.jpg

2023-07-17_110226.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back