Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mothers day footy... Happy Mother's Day to any mums out there. And good luck to all the blokes in here trying to watch the footy when their wife is trying to make the day all about them 😂

As for ins and outs... Tom Mitchell? JDG? Not sure where either are at.

Assume Mccreery out under concussion. Think Schultz has no concerns with wanting to knock that mf out.

Mitchell for Mccreery my very early guess, pending injury status.

IQ must be injured.
Slow, getting pushed off the ball easily.
A shadow of the player from the last 2 years
yeh been thinking that for a few weeks.

either that or the loss of murphy is preventing him from playing unaccountable footy.

probably both though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell in for Beau at this stage but the VFL boys will be keen to impress if Mitchell doesnt get up

I would give Mitchell another week. If Macrae has a big game at VFL level against Southport, then l would give him an opportunity, or even a Joe Richards or bring back McInnes...

Bruz will miss a week or two for a dangerous tackle
No. If it’s debated through the week that will centre around players contributing to the contact. I wouldn’t have paid the free kick, but I totally understand why the umpire did and the MRO won’t even look at it.

I imagine Mitchell / JDG will not play next week, along with Beau who is concussed. It will be Fin in for Beau, unless someone like Reef knocks the door down by kicking a bag. Play Fin in the starting side and let it be a defining game for his season.

IN: F.Macrae
OUT: B.McCreery (injured)

B: I.Quaynor - B.Frampton - J.Howe
HB: J.Noble - D.Moore - B.Maynard
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom
HF: L.Schulz - W.Hoskin-Elliott - H.Harrison
F: B.Hill - B.Mihocek - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - F.Macrae - N.Daicos
I: J.Crisp - P.Lipinski - L.Sullivan - M.Cox
S: O.Markov

One more good game from Carmicheal tomorrow and it might be time to unleash him.
I’m less confident around Mitchell and Shoota’s availability so I agree if he does enough of the right things tomorrow and on the track then it’s him over Richards for me.

A roast as well. WTF is the AFL thinking with this fixturing? Mother’s Day at Marvel will be lucky to get 30k in attendance which then leads into consecutive 6 day breaks. This one should have been on the Saturday at the very least.

Last edited:
Joe Richards a chance for Beau.
Shultz may get a week and maybe Finn/Carmicheal to come in as Sub.

An outsider for next week Is Freddy, we are playing WCE and MvGovern and Barras are elite need to keep them busy not intercepting so you never know. Reef would get totally monstered, who knows Freddy might kill someone.

I’m less confident around Mitchell and Shoota’s availability so I agree if he does enough of the right things tomorrow and on the track then it’s him over Richards for me.

A roast as well. WTF is this the AFL thinking with this fixturing? Mother’s Day at Marvel will be lucky to get 30k in attendance which then leads into consecutive 6 day breaks. This one should have been on the Saturday at the very least.
Carmy is an interesting one. Will try and watch him closely

Carmy is an interesting one. Will try and watch him closely
Given the definite and possible out I’d like another forward option with some size so even though I think he’s a depth player I’d prefer him over a Richards or Macrae.

FWIW I think Shoota will be fine and it will be graded insufficient force, but I wouldn’t be treating it as a given that he’s available and if we went in minus our two best pressure players that’s a worry.

It was said post game, neither mitchell or jordy will be ready

So lets see who performs tomorrow
Fly definitely wasn’t that emphatic in relation to Mitchell and left the door ajar on him returning. With consecutive 6 day breaks following this one I'd feel comfortable with a conservative approach, but I suspect it’s a week to week injury.

I imagine Mitchell / JDG will not play next week, along with Beau who is concussed. It will be Fin in for Beau, unless someone like Reef knocks the door down by kicking a bag. Play Fin in the starting side and let it be a defining game for his season.

IN: F.Macrae
OUT: B.McCreery (injured)

B: I.Quaynor - B.Frampton - J.Howe
HB: J.Noble - D.Moore - B.Maynard
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom
HF: L.Schulz - W.Hoskin-Elliott - H.Harrison
F: B.Hill - B.Mihocek - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - F.Macrae - N.Daicos
I: J.Crisp - P.Lipinski - L.Sullivan - M.Cox
S: O.Markov

I would have Markov in the starting 22. I like him off HB alongside Noble, rebounding through the middle of the ground. I would give Sidey the sub vest next week ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back