VFL VFL Round 2 v Brisbane, Friday March 29 12:05pm @ Brighton Homes Arena.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week was good live. This team will be fun to watch this year.
Our next live game is v Carlton
As always a lot will come down to injuries. Our midfield and flankers will currently be at its strongest in terms of personnel. I think Sidey was the only one that didn't play this weekend.

I’d say Richards in for Schultz, 0 tackles won’t appeal to the coaching staff. We don’t have enough air power to sacrifice another position as purely front and centre type.
No hitouts either. He might get dropped back to Wangaratta.

and sof has none. You dont find defenders are huge in this area.

True but Ryan would be expected to cover the ground a bit more easily than Sof.

More to the point, Ryan was a second round pick who is actually on our senior list, so comparing him to a guy who was overlooked for a spot even when he was free to a good home, isn’t really comparing apples with apples.

True but Ryan would be expected to cover the ground a bit more easily than Sof.

More to the point, Ryan was a second round pick who is actually on our senior list, so comparing him to a guy who was overlooked for a spot even when he was free to a good home, isn’t really comparing apples with apples.
I know, but feel like in general, tackling isn't a big thing in defenders. Like WHE had 0 tackles last night. 1 to nick, Moore and Frampton had 2 each.
Sometimes its about opportunity, depending whats happening around you.

Wow that was a fun game to watch. We actually have some depth this year if we have injuries. Harrison and Sullivan maybe two if they get a chance may stay in the seniors. Interesting season coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know, but feel like in general, tackling isn't a big thing in defenders. Like WHE had 0 tackles last night. 1 to nick, Moore and Frampton had 2 each.
Sometimes its about opportunity, depending whats happening around you.

True, although the players who are most similar in role to Ryan, being Howe/Maynard/Quaynor, all had three tackles each. And pressure and intensity is what’s going to keep us up near the top of the ladder.

The thing about Richards goals, was they all except the last, which was a set shot, were all classy small forward crumbing goals snapping across his body on both left and right foots. He certainly has very good goal sense.
Good goal sense you say?

Having we been looking in the wrong place for a new Ginni?

Should of drafted sof over bytel imo
It was an odd decision at the time. Why did we take two mids. Especially when bytel hadn’t set the world on fire in pre season games. Looked very vanilla.

Not really sure the reason. SOF started slowly today but once the jitters were gone he played very well.

If he continues like today he will be taken in the msd.

Bytel got some ball today but I didn’t notice anything that stood out.

Hope to be proven wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've updated the stats.

Sullivan - 33 d, 9 clearances, 4 tackles
Ned Long, 28 d, 9 clearances,6 tackles
Bytel - 25 d, 4 tackles, 5 clearances
Harrison - 23 d, 1 goal, 9 tackles, 7 marks
Sofronidis, 20 d, 5 marks
Ryan - 20 d, 5 marks
Lane - 19 d, 1 goal
Dean - 19 d, 4 marks
Sparkes, 18 d, 4 tackles, 3 clearances
Richards - 18 disposals, 6 goals
Allan - 17 d, 4 tackles, 5 clearances
Jaith - 15 disposals
Markov - 10 disposals, 3 tackles
Hutchinson, 9 disposals, 2 goals
Begg - 7 disposals, 21 hitouts, 4 clearances, 4 tackles
Carmichael - 6 disposals, 1 goalJ
Johnson - 8 disposals, 6 marks

They've updated the stats.

Sullivan - 33 d, 9 clearances, 4 tackles
Ned Long, 28 d, 9 clearances,6 tackles
Bytel - 25 d, 4 tackles, 5 clearances
Harrison - 23 d, 1 goal, 9 tackles, 7 marks
Sofronidis, 20 d, 5 marks
Ryan - 20 d, 5 marks
Lane - 19 d, 1 goal
Dean - 19 d, 4 marks
Sparkes, 18 d, 4 tackles, 3 clearances
Richards - 18 disposals, 6 goals
Allan - 17 d, 4 tackles, 5 clearances
Jaith - 15 disposals
Markov - 10 disposals, 3 tackles
Hutchinson, 9 disposals, 2 goals
Begg - 7 disposals, 21 hitouts, 4 clearances, 4 tackles
Carmichael - 6 disposals, 1 goalJ
Johnson - 8 disposals, 6 marks
I’m surprised long had it that much tbh. He played ok I thought but those stats suggest he was much better.

One thing Sullivan does have in his favour is he’s easy to spot I guess

It was an odd decision at the time. Why did we take two mids. Especially when bytel hadn’t set the world on fire in pre season games. Looked very vanilla.
Age of our mids I think. We're going to need some mature ones to step in in the coming years to replace our oldies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back