Parker - 15 disposals, 7 tackles
Johnson - 6 disposals, 1 goal, 5 marks

Dean - 21 disposals, 8 marks
TJ - 20 disposals, 4 marks
DeMattia - 18 disposals
Allan - 17 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 clearances
Was Allan’s best game this year IMO. Won clearances, took the game on, couple of shots on goal. All what I’ve wanted/been waiting to see. Given the lack of support he was very solid. He may yet survive kinders cut

DeMattia - 18 disposals
6 disposals and one goal for Johnson is just not enough at VFL level. He should be dominating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always a worry when your top disposal getters are all defenders
Not when the team is bereft of size and missing a number of players. It's just about making sure our young talent gets the right coaching and are ready to step up like Joe, Finn, Reef and even Billy have in recent weeks.

DeMattia - 18 disposals

To me Parker has been the most impressive, taking into account how far back he's coming from, after not playing footy for 4 years. I think he will become a very good player at AFL level....

To me Parker has been the most impressive, taking into account how far back he's coming from, after not playing footy for 4 years. I think he will become a very good player at AFL level....
I agree. He'll be a special player. Hasn't even had an afl preseason.

Harry is tiny, I'm surprised at how slight he is. Wouldn't be making any categorical calls until he approaches something like an AFL body. Will keep looking for good signs, but a next year evaluation for mine.

6 disposals and one goal for Johnson is just not enough at VFL level. He should be dominating.

The Ball was not coming in much.Limited opportunities. Also without any real tall support it's hard forward lin, when Johnson the Biggest player there.

Kicked 1.2, hit some packs hard at times. Could held a couple more of those kicked a little straighter But not a good game.

The Ball was not coming in much.Limited opportunities. Also without any real tall support it's hard forward lin, when Johnson the Biggest player there.

Kicked 1.2, hit some packs hard at times. Could held a couple more of those kicked a little straighter But not a good game.
Probably more damning is his work around the ball. Few tackles, not much pressure, nothing.

I doubt he comes in for McInnes in the event Mihocek is unavailable.

I watched it on the laptop and understand that the ball didn't go forward as often as hoped, but he was given a run in defence to get him more into the game, so should have been able to pad his numbers out a bit during that time. The only strong, spectacular mark came not from him but Farrant. I expect to see Johnson doing spectacular stuff similar to what we saw in his earlier AFL games, but his play seems to lack intensity now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back