AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's such a moot thing. The ONLY way for them to know it's actually the member and not someone else borrowing it, is to check IDs for everyone who scans in at gate 6 at the g. At Marvel, AFL members scan in the same gate as general public.

So it's virtually impossible for them to know

It's such a moot thing. The ONLY way for them to know it's actually the member and not someone else borrowing it, is to check IDs for everyone who scans in at gate 6 at the g. At Marvel, AFL members scan in the same gate as general public.

So it's virtually impossible for them to know
They can and do randomly check at gate 6. However, Medallion club plus all afl life members have access as well as interstate club members and Richmond members when they are the away side. It is very diluted now in the AFL at the G.

They can and do randomly check at gate 6. However, Medallion club plus all afl life members have access as well as interstate club members and Richmond members when they are the away side. It is very diluted now in the AFL at the G.
I go to all my 44 games and can comfortable say in the last 2 years I have not seen anyone checking.

The last few Grand finals they have checked when the gates open, they checked at all the finals in 2018 and on Anzac Day i have seen them check before.
grand finals is a little different. I've never been checked at any final or anzac day. Nor do I know anyone who has. Maybe before covid. But since then, everything is digital. And they always aim to quicken entry. So hence why they don't check IDs anymore. It's also as simple as "I don't have ID with me"

grand finals is a little different. I've never been checked at any final or anzac day. Nor do I know anyone who has. Maybe before covid. But since then, everything is digital. And they always aim to quicken entry. So hence why they don't check IDs anymore. It's also as simple as "I don't have ID with me"
I've been checked twice in the last five years, very rare but it does happen.

I forgot my card to one of the finals last year and sure enough I got asked to show my ID and membership card near the gate. Since I didn’t have my card they said I can stay inside the stadium if I gave consent (which I did) to a cavity search.

I forgot my card to one of the finals last year and sure enough I got asked to show my ID and membership card near the gate. Since I didn’t have my card they said I can stay inside the stadium if I gave consent (which I did) to a cavity search.
Did they find your card up there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see common sense prevail for once

I saw that yesterday

The Cafe before it got wrecked and turned into a pizza joint was good.

Cafe was great, pizza shop sucked.

Enormous lack of decent food outlets and bars for AFL Members at the ‘G.

Cafe was great, pizza shop sucked.

Enormous lack of decent food outlets and bars for AFL Members at the ‘G.
Things aren't what they used to be.

Across the road at the Bunton the beer choice has dwindled to basic CUB stuff.

You used to get Coronas, Crownies and a few others and they did all 3 glass sizes.

Now they only do pots and schooners.

Some of the Marvel bars have a better choice.

You used to get Coronas, Crownies and a few others and they did all 3 glass sizes.

Considering Marvel is owned by the AFL you’d think they would look after members better there than at the G?

Considering Marvel is owned by the AFL you’d think they would look after members better there than at the G?
They don't need to provide a service any better than what they do. No ones giving up their spot in line because of s**t food options or whether or not they man the gates at low drawing fixtures.

And this is the first season they haven't let you pour into plastic to take out of the Bunton. Probably because everyone was pouring their full strength beers into plastic. But still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back