AFLW AFL Womens Logo and promo video

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
CsrK5sbUEAAGsRO.jpg

Somebody is feeling real clever right about now, totally fails as a league logo though.

Someone needs to tell the AFL that they need to go back to the marketing drawing board, the logo and name are just no.

NWL would have been better than AFL Women's, it seems like they just stopped in the middle of the name.

This is another issue with trying to use the name of a league as the defacto name of the sport.

Perhaps when used like they do with the Toyota logo it looks a bit better?

Attachments

• AFL Womens logo.jpg
    AFL Womens logo.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 66
As a woman who plays footy I hate this logo for both the use of pink and that it looks either like an upskirt shot or a stick person on their knees. Both are horrible connotations in respect to women. There is a reason this logo won the Cockwombling Numbnut of the Week award on our footy podcast.

I have also worked in a graphic design company years ago and it is seriously very, very bad.

Its a messy logo. Doesnt help the brain join any dots, fat and skinny meaningless lines, looks like a toddler's attempot at a 'W'.

I'm not picking it up as pink, more a faded Sherrin colour. Even the AFL could not be so insenstive as to go down the pink path, surely...

I would view it more as a shade of apricot.

On the design more generally, I'm truly amazed that this is what they have come up with after months of momentum and public interest, something which doesn't appear to represent anything at all.

The AFL made a big play on making sure the new womens teams were closely aligned with existing AFL clubs, but we have a logo which has zero link to the AFL.

I don't get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody is feeling real clever right about now, totally fails as a league logo though.

Someone needs to tell the AFL that they need to go back to the marketing drawing board, the logo and name are just no.

NWL would have been better than AFL Women's, it seems like they just stopped in the middle of the name.

This is another issue with trying to use the name of a league as the defacto name of the sport.
I'm just glad they didn't decide to call it the AWFL.

Puns galore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back