Portfolio AFL x Adidas - Reverse Retro

6F2833DE-1A06-4B1F-9B12-F19BFFDE9908.jpeg

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Well this is conveniently timed... Adidas has just released all 32 NHL teams' new Reverse Retro jerseys, including the Islanders' Fishsticks!

Last edited:
St Kilda: 1997-2001 Home
View attachment 1537901
St Kilda's most iconic guernsey besides their main is relived once again. The Saints' Reverse Retro guernsey takes on more black rather than the original red, emphasising the importance of the cross design with a thick double outline of red and white. Any Saints fan would love to be in this number and it celebrates its stars, Lowe, Jones and Harvey! The '90s were truly the decade that delivered fresh guernseys and as a result, gift St Kilda a distinct Reverse Retro number... The 'Midnight Crusader'!

Massive thanks to SFgiant for permission to use the fantastic redesigned logo.​
Holy s**t this is sexy

newbluerising

Draftee
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
West Coast: 2000-02 Away
View attachment 1537475

The ochre but with no ochre..? Let me explain. There was only ever one West Coast guernsey that would get the Reverse Retro treatment and on this occasion, it tries to stick to the Eagles' colour scheme. An almost bronze gold takes the place of the ochre in an effort to modernise a design so at home in the early 2000s. The royal blue keeps West Coast's modern colours intact, however, the darker navy and gold harken back to the mid-'90s and 2000s era of Eagles guernseys. Here's to hoping that another generation looks at this guernsey and allows it to become fascinated with football guernseys!​
These are all incredible! The use of gold makes this stunning, well deserving of the love you've been getting all over socials these are unreal.

I've been wanting to give designing AFL jumpers a go but have struggled to find any good templates. I was wondering where you got this one from?

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
These are all incredible! The use of gold makes this stunning, well deserving of the love you've been getting all over socials these are unreal.

I've been wanting to give designing AFL jumpers a go but have struggled to find any good templates. I was wondering where you got this one from?
Glad to hear you like the jumpers.

In regards to the template, it was originally a soccer jersey template I butchered into a footy guernsey template.

uranium_death

All Australian
May 3, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Well this is conveniently timed... Adidas has just released all 32 NHL teams' new Reverse Retro jerseys, including the Islanders' Fishsticks!
1c43465031e95332ff7fa0b4158f370c.jpg

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Holy s**t Zoops, seen the news this week mate?
Adelaide: 1996-98 Preseason
View attachment 1525727
An obvious fan favourite is revived with the original crow's return. With a history of previous Adidas designs, Adelaide's Reverse Retro guernsey took on an added importance with a harkening back to the glory period of the late 90s being paramount. This is more than a simple 'reverse' of the past, but rather a remix to breathe new life into an already timeless logo, present on both the guernsey and league-wide Reverse Retro presentation. The return of the 90s flavour is shared by sponsor Toyota, making this a true Camry Crowback.​

fethers17

Rookie
Aug 18, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-WT, Boston Celtics
Adelaide: 1996-98 Preseason
View attachment 1525727
An obvious fan favourite is revived with the original crow's return. With a history of previous Adidas designs, Adelaide's Reverse Retro guernsey took on an added importance with a harkening back to the glory period of the late 90s being paramount. This is more than a simple 'reverse' of the past, but rather a remix to breathe new life into an already timeless logo, present on both the guernsey and league-wide Reverse Retro presentation. The return of the 90s flavour is shared by sponsor Toyota, making this a true Camry Crowback.​
I really hope the club are paying you for the gather round jumpers, shame they aren't still adidas

Back