AFL2017 - R7 - North Melbourne v Adelaide Crows 13:45 AEST Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

After quarter time the Crows outscored North 86-81. If they could've just stopped North from kicking 10 first quarter goals they would've been right in that match.

Yeah. You just get the feeling that 64 - 0 quarter time score had something of an effect to the outcome of this one.

All clubs will be during the season. Not sure it's that big a deal for the Crows, I think North were always a better side than results indicated.
They have an amazing ability to turn out big tough guys, against us it was Preust, today Waite and every week Brown and Golstein are a threat.

I think the game against GWS is probably the only one we didn't look like we were going to win, yet only 2-5 despite playing mostly good sides to date. What is pleasing is the standard of footy the young kids are playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That free just top the game off. Another nothing free to North which ends up in a goal.

Dont get ahead of yourselves North. If it was a fair game you guys would be nowhere near it.

If it was a fair game they would have won by 100, not 59. The umps gifted you damn near 10 goals.

Crows will rebound but just accept they were better on the day.

This is why I've been telling people to keep a lid on it. We still have a massive problem with not showing up in first quarters. North came out with the right mentality and executed their skills, well done to them.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for us and not a highlight of things to come. Need to come out with intensity every week.

After quarter time the Crows outscored North 86-81. If they could've just stopped North from kicking 10 first quarter goals they would've been right in that match.

One of those qtrs was Adelaide with the breeze, the other 2 without any breeze.

So basically a 3-4 goal win for Nth.

Been saying for a while the talk of North needing a root and branch rebuild is crap.

Two classy young players in Simpkin and Garner to come back in.

Spitta Swallow has played his last senior game barring injury and Thomas will struggle to make his way back in.

If we can add an elite talent like Josh Kelly, then look out.

One of those qtrs was Adelaide with the breeze, the other 2 without any breeze.

So basically a 3-4 goal win for Nth.

If I were you I would just look at it in its entirety and count it as a 59 point win over 4 quarters. Much better for you guys and a truer reflection of what happened out there.

2 sat arvo in a row
Tipped the saints last week

North look good. Got their strongest team on the park now and they played too hard and fierce for the crows

I Put the Roos 1-39 :(
Yeah this helped, was the best team we've had out there all year with Waite, Brown and Wood up forward complimented by Higgins, Turner and Hrovat.
Our defense also looked solid, best game Thompson, Taz and Hansen have played together in a while.
We'll get stronger too with Mullet (number 3 for rebound 50's in the AFL) Garner, Wright, Jacobs, to come back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back