AFLW AFLW Fantasy VC/C options

Remove this Banner Ad

With Busch dropped to the emergencies I could go Gardiner VC into Garner C. My original plan was Marinoff VC into Garner C as my ruck loop is from Port. How big a risk is it banking on Busch to not be a late in? Am I better off playing it safe and just putting the VC on Marinoff against the dees?

Noffy hasn't been great against Melbourne in recent games...last great one was 5 games ago.
2022 S7 QF: 93
2022 S7 R1: 76
2022 S6 GF: 97
2022 S6 R4: 89
2021 PF: 159

Gonna take the punt on Gardiner VC and Busch loop. Sheerin plays after Busch so as long as I'm reasonably on the ball I won't get stuck with Busch's score on field, and Garner against a Bowers-less Freo is about as safe a captain option as you can get.

Gardiner as VC or risk Garner. Hard call. Missed a trick not VCing Noffy with the matchup
Funny that in the men's you generally lock in a 110, yet here we are in the women's game betting against a 115.

I've gone Garner. Busch would've been my loop captain anyway and that would've been a disaster with her late in. So taking on the 115 paid off, as I would've locked in the E and VC last night and not checked today.

So, I have a bit of a weird captain problem:

I want to VC loop Gardiner on Saturday, but I'm not going to be home, so I need to use my phone. The problem is, I can't seem to change captains on my phone. The C is behind the player's head and, if you tap in the area, nothing happens. I've tried requesting the desktop site on my phone, but I still get the mobile site.

It may be a phone issue - my phone is ancient technology from the dark ages (2016). It could be a skill issue - the phone's user is not the most adept with technology.

If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know. I don't want to have to resort to looping Eilish Sheerin or, even worse, not looping at all. I can't go back to the not looping ways of the past after looping has netted me a negative 13 points for the season so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I have a bit of a weird captain problem:

I want to VC loop Gardiner on Saturday, but I'm not going to be home, so I need to use my phone. The problem is, I can't seem to change captains on my phone. The C is behind the player's head and, if you tap in the area, nothing happens. I've tried requesting the desktop site on my phone, but I still get the mobile site.

It may be a phone issue - my phone is ancient technology from the dark ages (2016). It could be a skill issue - the phone's user is not the most adept with technology.

If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know. I don't want to have to resort to looping Eilish Sheerin or, even worse, not looping at all. I can't go back to the not looping ways of the past after looping has netted me a negative 13 points for the season so far.
Can you just go into an internet browser on your phone and log in manually to do it?

Can you just go into an internet browser on your phone and log in manually to do it?
I couldn't do it in either Chrome or Safari with the phone oriented vertically, but it seems that I can do it in Safari (but not Chrome) with the phone oriented horizontally. It's more difficult than I would like it to be, but at least I can seem to get it to work now.

This is what I'm getting vertically:
IMG_0116.PNG IMG_0117.PNG

And this is what I'm getting horizontally:
IMG_0118.PNG IMG_0119.PNG

I couldn't do it in either Chrome or Safari with the phone oriented vertically, but it seems that I can do it in Safari (but not Chrome) with the phone oriented horizontally. It's more difficult than I would like it to be, but at least I can seem to get it to work now.

View attachment 1832919View attachment 1832920

View attachment 1832921View attachment 1832922
Super weird, in Chrome for me it appears over the player's head. At least you worked it out.
Actually no, it appears beside them for me. Just isn't that wide.

Thinking VC Gardiner as she's the only one I can loop.

C is a difficult one to choose. Jazzy G and Riddell are the obvious options, or Rowbottom against Port.

View attachment 1832919View attachment 1832920

View attachment 1832921View attachment 1832922
Glad there's at least one option. Definitely message them about this issue so it can be fixed for next year.

Enjoying the difficulty of captain choices this year, with Bowers out and having learnt how to loop.
So many potential options...

Only 1 viable VC loop option for me this week (teams pending)
Mon Conti Friday night.
Only red dot likely to be Aliesha Newman Sydney, early game Saturday.

Isadora McLeay should get another game after 8 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles and 2 hit outs on debut but if not, that opens up Gardiner v the Dogs as a VC option.

Thinking Rowbottom VC Garner C. Marinoff might cop the Single tag.

Alternative is Gardiner VC Rowbottom C. But Garner a has fairly good recent record against the Dees as a solid backup, and I like Rowbottom's chance of going big the most so don't want to get stuck feeling I have to take a Gardiner ~115

Thinking Rowbottom VC Garner C. Marinoff might cop the Single tag.

Alternative is Gardiner VC Rowbottom C. But Garner a has fairly good recent record against the Dees as a solid backup, and I like Rowbottom's chance of going big the most so don't want to get stuck feeling I have to take a Gardiner ~115
Svarc tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back