AFLW AFLW List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowbots bitterly complaining how unfair the AFLW draft is:D
Yet they had priority to elite SA talent before we entered AFLW. I hope we start dominating the competition like they did soon! I'm very happy with our list and hope we have a strong preseason and coaching to Sydney's standards last season! Kudos to them too for making finals and winning a final after 0 wins last year.

Yet they had priority to elite SA talent before we entered AFLW. I hope we start dominating the competition like they did soon! I'm very happy with our list and hope we have a strong preseason and coaching to Sydney's standards last season! Kudos to them too for making finals and winning a final after 0 wins last year.

Crows - get complete and sole access to the Sa prospects for over half a decade

Port - get first pick of the Sa prospects for 3 years

Crows fans - iTS uNFaIr !!!!

******* morons

and that is only half the story

In June 2016, The Adelaide Football Club in conjunction with AFL Northern Territory was awarded a license to field a team in the inaugural AFL National Women's League (later to be known as NAB AFLW) for 2017. From there, the plight of NT players in the AFLW began.

The team, made up of nine players based in Darwin, went on to win the NAB AFLW inaugural premiership in 2017 and claimed a resounding premiership victory in 2019 also, with five players in the team attributed to the NT.

AFLW and NT players

AFL Media's main AFLW reporter Sarah Black has listed her 13 players to watch in 2024 in the lead up to the draft.

Half of them made the All Oz U/18 team in 2023 but were 17 years old and could not be drafted in December last year.

2 SA girls were All Oz in 2023 and both have links to Port, but we have used up all of NGA concessions so will have to take our luck in the draft and trading positions and hope they both nominate the SA draft, which I'm sure they will.

WHILE we're yet to see the newly drafted AFLW players at the top level, the next crop of 18-year-old talent is starting to gear up for their seasons around the country.

The SANFLW will kick off on March 1, the WAFLW will kick off on March 2, and the QAFLW and AFL Sydney competitions last year began in April.

The fixture for the Coates Talent League (Victoria) has not yet been released, but last year started in mid-March. The under-18 national championships are expected to run across a similar timeframe to last year (weekends in July and August).

INDIA RASHEED (South Australia, Sturt/Glenunga)

Took out South Australia's MVP in last year's under-18 championships, in a squad that produced eight AFLW draftees. A strong-bodied midfielder with clean skills and good footy IQ, she can also push forward and hit the scoreboard. Rasheed's father Roger is a respected tennis coach and former SANFL player.

POPPY SCHOLZ (South Australia, Glenelg/Mitcham)

The younger sister of Port Adelaide's breakout star, Matilda, Scholz plays traditionally more of a defensive role than the Power's young ruck. Also a star netballer (mum Peta is a Commonwealth Games gold medallist), Scholz is in the national under-17 squad and has captained her state. Unsurprisingly given her netball background, she has sure hands and is steady under pressure.

other SA player named is

JASMINE EVANS (South Australia, Central District/Salisbury)

Yet another strong midfielder/forward from the South Australian pipeline and is already a premiership player with SANFLW side Central District. A well-rounded midfielder who can play either as a strong ball-winner or provide some class on the outside.

Last edited:
great that we've locked up Matilda long term and now I think we need to target her sister in the draft. hopefully we can hold the first two draft picks in the state to land Rasheed and poppy.

at 179cm and apparently a utility yet to have locked down a position I think we really could use a tall defender having added a lot of mids recently.

Hatchard set the record at 42 in an infamous game for which she wasn't initially awarded 3 votes, costing her the League B&F but later corrected on the basis of being mistaken for another long-sleeved player.

The new record was set at 46 by Jess Edwards a couple years ago, not sure it's been beaten since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back