AFLW AFLW R2 - Fri - Nth Melbourne v Melbourne, MCG, 5.10pm, 7mate (nationally), womens.afl, Fox/Kayo

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
AFLW Round 2FTA
CodeRoundDateDayTimeHomeAwayVenueSydneyMelbourneBrisbaneAdelaidePerth
AFLW22-SepFri1710MelbourneNorth MelbourneMCG7mate7mate7mate7mate7mate

Match Centre

Teams

Media

After starting two minutes late (thanks to Ch7's incompetence) at 5.02pm, this game finished at 6.40pm on the dot. 70 minutes before the start of the men's game, as pretty much expected. By the final siren, it looked like there was somewhere between five and ten thousand in attendance (as opposed to the official figure of 17,851).

It's all well and good to talk about playing curtain raisers to supposedly give AFLW more exposure... but it's empty words when the scheduling looks like that.

You'll know the AFL are serious about getting people in their seats early to watch the women when that gap between matches is 15 minutes, following the lead of what works for grand slam tennis.

I see a lot of baseless theories on other parts of BigFooty posted by some real dumb hicks, where it and they belong.

Never fear. I am here on the main board (and always will be, ha ha). For those who actually want to deal in reality, you've come to the right place:

AFLW Career Free Kicks For & Against
Erin Phillips: 98 & 42 (+1.2 per game)
Emma Kearney: 107 & 56 (+1.0 per game)
Jasmine Garner: 62 & 31 (+0.6 per game)
Chelsea Randall: 58 & 36 (+0.6 per game)
Daisy Pearce: 41 & 36 (+0.1 per game)
Karen Paxman: 67 & 61 (+0.1 per game)

I see a lot of baseless theories on other parts of BigFooty posted by some real dumb hicks, where it and they belong.

Never fear. I am here on the main board (and always will be, ha ha). For those who actually want to deal in reality, you've come to the right place:

AFLW Career Free Kicks For & Against
Erin Phillips: 98 & 42 (+1.2 per game)
Emma Kearney: 107 & 56 (+1.0 per game)
Jasmine Garner: 62 & 31 (+0.6 per game)
Chelsea Randall: 58 & 36 (+0.6 per game)
Daisy Pearce: 41 & 36 (+0.1 per game)
Karen Paxman: 67 & 61 (+0.1 per game)
And as you can tell by the plethora of posts we are all happy for you to remain on the main board. In your own myopic reality.

Quality is more important than quantity--something the great Daisy Pearce, in the twilight stages of her playing career, again reiterated tonight with two crucial goals in the only quarter her team won.

We all know the real reason Melbourne will again be serious contenders is due to the quality of their list and leadership. Would both their list and leadership be in even better shape if Daisy, back in 2016, had endorsed Ellie Blackburn as a fellow marquee signing (rather than her Darebin buddy Melissa Hickey)?

I say yes. And by doing so, I've just complimented and criticised the legendary Dees skipper (for actions spanning more than half-a-decade) in one swift post. Now there's nothing important left to say, no other contributions needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back