AFLW R7 Collingwood v Adelaide, Olympic Park, 1.35pm AEDT (Fox Footy, Ch7 Adel only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on her for losing the 40kg, but she'll have to lose a few more still to be a long-term footballer. Its all well and good sticking her in the F50 in year one, but when she's down on form like last week, and when the aerobic demands increase as a whole; you're playing one down because she can't rotate through the middle.

How often do full forwards rotate through the middle? She's a dominant player I don't think they're gonna dump a genuine spearhead because she can't run through the midfield.

It is different, criticism of the appearance of men is because of lack of performance, criticism of the appearance of women is in spite of performance.

15 disposals
5 Marks
4 goals 3 behinds.

Seems to be doing well enough now, covers the ground well 2nd in the Goal kicking. But nah, is the same as the Lance Whitnall bashing /sarcasm.
That's a fair point, though Shane Crawford copped plenty despite an outrageously good career.

Perkins last week:

2 disposals
1 goal

Do you honestly believe Adelaide will be happy to see her back at the same weight?

There's no doubt in my mind that they'll have her on a fitness plan, and will expect to see her a lot fitter come pre-season.

She's too heavy to play elite footy, and the AFLW is only getting started. 15 minute quarters with no stoppages won't last long, never mind what another pre-season will do. She's done well to lose the 40kg, but she'll need to lose more.

Makes me giggle to see heroes pull out the misogyny card in this instance. Its no different to the valid criticism people gave Lance Whitnall his whole career. He could have been anything, but never sorted himself out.

How fast do you think the AFLW competition will evolve seriously? You are talking like its the 5th season running already, i guess you are a bit emotional since your club did not make the granny on its own or by another teams undoing, ill forgive you

How fast do you think the AFLW competition will evolve seriously? You are talking like its the 5th season running already, i guess you are a bit emotional since your club did not make the granny on its own or by another teams undoing, ill forgive you
Look at the difference between round one and round seven. It was like watching a different sport. I suspect the no stoppages will be abolished 2018 or 2019, which tacks another 20-30 minutes onto every game. I'd argue I'm doing the opposite. Perkins lost plenty of weight to be fit for this season, but they'll be asking her to drop more as the game develops.

That's a fair point, though Shane Crawford copped plenty despite an outrageously good career.

Perkins last week:

2 disposals
1 goal

Do you honestly believe Adelaide will be happy to see her back at the same weight?

There's no doubt in my mind that they'll have her on a fitness plan, and will expect to see her a lot fitter come pre-season.

I would wager she would continue to drop the weight, but probably not too much more as her size contributes to her playing style. To be fair to last week, the whole team was down so it is hardly indicative of long term performance for Perkins.

I would wager she would continue to drop the weight, but probably not too much more as her size contributes to her playing style. To be fair to last week, the whole team was down so it is hardly indicative of long term performance for Perkins.
Muscle weighs less than fat. It'll probably be more a deal of dropping that final 10-15kg, with plenty of it coming back on as pure muscle. If she manages that, she'll be unstoppable. How old is she?

Not sure why Sarah Perkins is being judged on her looks? Perhaps time to focus on how much she is tearing up the competition.

One of the best things about the AFLW is seeing women with all different body shapes playing at professional level. She's a hero to women everywhere

Perkins last week:

2 disposals
1 goal

She was also off the ground for a considerable period of time with a shoulder injury. Stats don't always tell the full story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back