Alan Toovey

Remove this Banner Ad

It can't be unexpected that the Pies don't have enough cake to share around to everyone. If you build the best (or close enough) list, and you fend off GWS for Cloke, Thomas, Pendles and Swan... well... there's bugger all cake left for the little people.
True.
If these salary cap pressures mean that all we will lose is a medium size running defender that should be easy to replace, then I will be happy with that.
And I have absolutely no problem with what Toovey is doing, he has to look after himself.

Talk about amateur hour with his management.

Picks are just a lottery.

Our premiership window is over the next 3-4 years.

Not all that many top 10 picks will match Toovey's production over that period. And in all likelihood Toovey has a better career than 2-3 who go inside the top 10.

Production now is what we need if we want premierships and knowing the draft few players even inside the top 10 would help us all that much as they would help others.

The thing to take out of my post is that trading into established players is of greater interest - or should be. Then to make salary cap room if necessary we can move on the fringe types - so the McCarthy + S.Buckley types.

Must be an alias. I hate these troll accounts at this time of year. :thumbsdown:

Hutchy is ripping in.

So he should. Dale Thomas knocked back one of the biggest offers in AFL history to stay with us, if Alan Toovey thinks he's the only one taking unders to stay at the club he's kidding himself. A very good solid player for us but he's never going to be a superstar in any other side.

Easier to knock back 1 mil when your on 500,000 then to knock back 350 when your on 200,000

You mean you hope? Very unlikely, we are only at the start of trade week and will get alot of interest.

That doesn't mean you will get a trade worked out that both parties agree on.

Wouldn't accept a pick outside of the top 10 for Toovey - and still think we would be on the losing end of the trade with that top 10 pick.

picard_WTF_is_this_shit-s300x266-70964-580.jpg

Single worst thing ive ever read on BF. Ever. Since 07. This is insanely bad. What was this guy thinking.

So he should. Dale Thomas knocked back one of the biggest offers in AFL history to stay with us, if Alan Toovey thinks he's the only one taking unders to stay at the club he's kidding himself. A very good solid player for us but he's never going to be a superstar in any other side.
To be fair to Toovey, knocking back $1.2 and receiving $600 (Thomas estimate) is different than being offered $120 when $250 is on offer.

I think his manager went about in in a VERY poor way, but he's being he'd accountable for those actions. He's within his right to seek more money elsewhere.

He's a bit player who's value will NEVER be higher. He can hold out for the Pies window....but when the Pies start playing average footy, he's going to look pretty average and the Pies will also have no qualms delisting him for a clean out either....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed it, Wall-e. Fill us in! What'd he say? That Toovey didn't deserve the coin he was asking?
Basically called him out for being an average player, solid who'd look worse elsewhere (all true by the way, but still harsh). Went on to say that Thomas, Dawes, Pendles showed him the way and ripped into him about either beind delusional, or being led by a delusional manager.

Went on for some time.....Hutchy mad.

For once, I agree with Hutchy. Marinis was disgraceful.
Attrocious handling of a player, pissing off a lot of people and isolating his client....basically said Alan wanted someone delisted for more money for him......what a dick, he's just made a **** out of Toovey, which is definately not the case.

If I were a parent of a potential draftee, I would not be listening to Marinis' offers for representation.

Tooooooooooooovey's manager said that for Collingwood to increase their offer, they would have to delist a current senior player as they dont have any more money to offer Tooooooooovey.. He then said without a much better offer, Toovey will be playing elsewhere.. Tooooooovey was aware of everything his manager has said..
So in effect, Toooovey is happy to have a teammate delisted, so he can get extra money to stay at Collingwood..

Thomas is a completely different kettle of fish. He'd be on $500k two and a half times more then Tooves, so could pay of a house in the inner burbs in almost two years, not to mention all the money previously earnt in contracts. He's also almost certainly going to forge a long career. Tooves in the Collingwood side, could easily have a form slump and be back on the frings expecially at a club as talented as Collingwood.

Also, Thomas will get big $$$ opportunities at Collingwood through marketing.

Very different set of circumstances to that of TOovey IMO.

Attrocious handling of a player, pissing off a lot of people and isolating his client....basically said Alan wanted someone delisted for more money for him......what a dick, he's just made a **** out of Toovey, which is definately not the case.

If I were a parent of a potential draftee, I would not be listening to Marinis' offers for representation.
It really was sickening to see the position he's putting Collingwood and Toovey in.

Tooooooooooooovey's manager said that for Collingwood to increase their offer, they would have to delist a current senior player as they dont have any more money to offer Tooooooooovey.. He then said without a much better offer, Toovey will be playing elsewhere.. Tooooooovey was aware of everything his manager has said..
So in effect, Toooovey is happy to have a teammate delisted, so he can get extra money to stay at Collingwood..

You're a Carltank flog, so would understand such principles, but what's with quoting Toovey's trademark chant considering you support cheating Carltank?

It really was sickening to see the position he's putting Collingwood and Toovey in.
It's the manager's responsibility to get a better deal for his client, not a deal that services Collingwood's list management issues, especially given the increases in the salary cap. What's the problem?

People bitch and moan about a lack of transparency when it comes to public opinions. Now, you're getting one from an industry professional and don't like it. Funny that.

It's the manager's responsibility to get a better deal for his client, not a deal that services Collingwood's list management issues, especially given the increases in the salary cap. What's the problem?

People bitch and moan about a lack of transparency when it comes to public opinions. Now, you're getting one from an industry professional and don't like it. Funny that.
Completely unreasonable demands and poor ethics putting both player and club in a position they shouldn't have to be in and making the player look bad.

Completely unreasonable demands and poor ethics putting both player and club in a position they shouldn't have to be in and making the player look bad.
When did you become the determinate for what's a reasonable and unreasonable demand when it comes to a player's actual versus perceived worth? First rule of negotiation, start high. That way, you move toward the real figure you are aiming for.

I haven't seen or heard any conduct that has put Toovey in a bad position thanks to his management's position. All I've heard is brutal honesty, which apparently doesn't cut it with you.

Look up Drew Rosenhaus. That'll teach you a couple of things when it comes to sports management and having a public opinion.

When did you become the determinate for what's a reasonable and unreasonable demand when it comes to a player's actual versus perceived worth? First rule of negotiation, start high. That way, you move toward the real figure you are aiming for.

I haven't seen or heard any conduct that has put Toovey in a bad position thanks to his management's position. All I've heard is brutal honesty, which apparently doesn't cut it with you.

Look up Drew Rosenhaus. That'll teach you a couple of things when it comes to sports management and having a public opinion.
Actually all you heard was a delusional manager making unreasonable demands.

He wasn't talking negotiations, he was talking about pushing his player into walking out because Collingwood won't meet his stupid demands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back