Roast Alastair Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alistair Clarkson

Clarkson obviously feels Essendon could be a potential threat in the next few years.

Good for football. The rivalry is back to it's best.

I hated Hawthorn in the 80's and 90's but this softened in the 00's (I can;t believe I was actually happy for Hawthorn to win the GF 2008)

Bring it on 2010. Can;t wait.:thumbsu:

Look at all you princesses quoting stories about the 80's and players hitting someone. That was how it was played back then, and Essendons history is no cleaner than anyone elses.
You're probably the same people who complain about the game getting soft.

If we had over-sensitive bitch mods like the Hawthorn board, you'd probably receive a card for this.

Clarkson used the 2000 Essendon team as the basis for his "premiership model", it is the sincerest form of flattery.

Over the last five years Clarkson has made regular comments about the Essendon's recent premiership list, not out of spite or "sour grapes" but out of admiration. One example was during Hawthorn's premiership year much was made of Hawthorn's "unsociable" football, at the time Clarkson referred to Essendon's abysmal 2000 free kick for/against record. He went on to say good teams play on the edge, and Essendon's results in 2000 are a reflection of that aggression.

It does not surprise me at all that he refers to what he believes essentially broke Essendon's dynasty, and warns that it doesn't want it to happen at HFC.

To be honest I am a little surprised that Bomber fans are offended by his comments, if his pro-essendon comments over the last 5 years were not worth acknowledging, then why are you listening to him now?

Im not offended by the comments but i have an issue with him being a bit loose about the truth. Essendon did not wan't to trade the players away. if they could of held onto them then they would have.
The problem was salary cap pressure and the fact that the AFL did not introduce the salary cap rules in 2002 that they said they would be going to so we had no room to move.

To say it won't happen at Hawthorn is irrelivent because the same set of circumstances will not prevail. It was a dumb comment becasue it was always going to annoy those who know the reasons behind us letting those players go. It was not as black and white as Clarko makes it out to be.
As for all of the rest of the crap lets just say being a mod does have its down side as i have to bloody read all of it :thumbsdown:

Completely taken out of context, he was not having a swipe.

Yet Sheedy comes out and actually gets personal with Clarkson and you admire it.

Its pretty funny.
A very valid point that some Bombers may need to take note of.

Is there a new award being handed out this year for hypocrasy???
Seems Clarko is going hard to win it if there is.
Hawks have once again embarrassed themselves with their sooking and pot shots.
First they say they won't trade any premiership players then trade Williams. Then they tell Port they'll consider trading Ladson or Brown (or any other player not on their list of 10 untouchables) with pick 9 and when there's a backlash they publicly throw insults at Port.
Then last night Clarckson is taking the moral high ground saying "we're not gonna do what Essendon did in '02 and off load good players, that's not right"...they did just trade off 3 senior players in Williams, McGlyne and Kennedy this year right???

Well guess what Clarko? Essendon were up for years before that and eventualy the salary cap catches up with you...you've only had one good year and you're already getting Burgoyne and Gibbo to the club...see me in 2 years and tell me you have no salary cap issues with that list ********!!! (that is unless you trade another 3 senior players next year).

It's as if they didn't lose enough respect after their sad behaviour after round 22...

Clarko merely states the truth, such as essendons poor culture and that thier former captin is a weak so and so, if the bombers want to have a sook thats thier problem. The same club culture that this year has seen one off thier players arrested for drugs and another player arressted for assult, what a club.

We don't hide behind injunctions at The Essendon Football Club.

Is there a new award being handed out this year for hypocrasy???
Seems Clarko is going hard to win it if there is.
Hawks have once again embarrassed themselves with their sooking and pot shots.
First they say they won't trade any premiership players then trade Williams. Then they tell Port they'll consider trading Ladson or Brown (or any other player not on their list of 10 untouchables) with pick 9 and when there's a backlash they publicly throw insults at Port.
Then last night Clarckson is taking the moral high ground saying "we're not gonna do what Essendon did in '02 and off load good players, that's not right"...they did just trade off 3 senior players in Williams, McGlyne and Kennedy this year right???

Well guess what Clarko? Essendon were up for years before that and eventualy the salary cap catches up with you...you've only had one good year and you're already getting Burgoyne and Gibbo to the club...see me in 2 years and tell me you have no salary cap issues with that list ********!!! (that is unless you trade another 3 senior players next year).

It's as if they didn't lose enough respect after their sad behaviour after round 22...
When did we say that?
If you're talking about Kennett, try again. Actually go and listen to what he said.

McGlynn, Kennedy and Willo wanted to leave because they got more security offered to them...what's so hard to understand about that?
All 3 of them knew they were going to struggle to keep their spots next year.

And yet another reference to round 22. Yet Hawthorn are the sooks. :rolleyes:

Clarko merely states the truth, such as essendons poor culture and that thier former captin is a weak so and so, if the bombers want to have a sook thats thier problem. The same club culture that this year has seen one off thier players arrested for drugs and another player arressted for assult, what a club.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Hawthorn calling us sooks???? Did you leave the country for an extended period this year or something?
And that rabble bagging our culture???? Hypocrite.
And brining up drugs re NLM because someone else had one pill one on the premises???...misleading at best mate. Address the Buddy roumers about drugs...again, hypocrite.

The club that has quickly become known for its sooking and pot shots....lost a lot of your hard earned respect this year as a club with their big mouths after round 22 and the shambles they've been carrrying on with during trade week, and then this.
Hypocracy at it's height mate.

I respect Hawthorn opinion's in this thread, but if you intended to bad-mouth the culture of EFC or Matthew Lloyd, please don't bother posting.

When did we say that?
If you're talking about Kennett, try again. Actually go and listen to what he said.

McGlynn, Kennedy and Willo wanted to leave because they got more security offered to them...what's so hard to understand about that?
All 3 of them knew they were going to struggle to keep their spots next year.

And yet another reference to round 22. Yet Hawthorn are the sooks. :rolleyes:

Agree there's nothing wrong with moving players on in those circumstances....just don't come out and critisize another club for moving blokes on, when you're doing it too!
And as I said, you have only had one good year...salary cap pressure like the dons had comes from being up for many years. IF Hawthorn can get to that point, then you'll face the same problem.
Hypocritical and stupid to take pot shots under the circumstances.

And what exactly do we have to sook about round 22? We won, you lost. Remember???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really do own tassie hawks ON and OFF the field.

Please don't associate those pigs with my beautiful state.

Clarkson (Napoleon) is clearly having a dig or he is a complete idiot, to compare the situation of essendon 02 and hawthorn now is ridiculos, Essendon were forced to off load the players due to salary cap pressure, everyone of the players he mention were traded for draft picks, Campbell Brown was put on the trade table by Hawthorn in an attempt to try and improve there list. Anyone who thinks he wasn't is kidding themselves contrcted players can only be spoken to by other clubs if given permission by his club.

must say I did enjoy sheedy's response, he has Napoleon's measure anyday.

Exactly. On the footage you could see the smirk on his face; he was clearly saying "we won't ruin our club's culture, unlike that other mob across town".

No need for it. He could've just said "history shows that offloading a few premiership players isn't good for continued success". No need to mention us specifically, whilst questioning our club's culture.

Yeah, and yet he trades out Mark Williams, a premiership player, major finals contributor and, from accounts of Hawthorn supporters, a mentor figure for the young players.

Is he saying the Hawks had a horror trade week, or is he being purely hypocritical?

Don't you guys see the significance of the Hawthorn Essendon rivalry?

Anything done by the clubs to publicly fuel this is all strategic it.

Don't whinge about it, revel in it. The albino should be firing shots back, it is good for footy.

I love when Dermott Brereton talks about Essendon and the rivalry. The bloke secretly loves us. The rivalry makes everything that happens between us bigger and better, its important to respect this.

Agree there's nothing wrong with moving players on in those circumstances....just don't come out and critisize another club for moving blokes on, when you're doing it too!
And as I said, you have only had one good year...salary cap pressure like the dons had comes from being up for many years. IF Hawthorn can get to that point, then you'll face the same problem.
Hypocritical and stupid to take pot shots under the circumstances.

And what exactly do we have to sook about round 22? We won, you lost. Remember???
Have a look at this thread. You and others seem to be finding plenty.
Even a harmless press conference where a simple point was made.

But look here, yet another reference to round 22....you wouldn't know that you won the way some of you go on.

"Oh it's dirty clarkson, mentioning us again!! I don't car if he has a point, I hate that midget!!!!11".

By the way, we are at the bottom end of the Salary cap, we're doing just fine thanks. The reason Williams left is because we would'nt give him 3yrs like yourselves due to his knee.

By The reason Williams left is because we would'nt give him 3yrs like yourselves due to his knee.

He left to join a club with a better 'culture':D, been a bit of that happening lately..... Robson.......Williams. We'll have Buddy next thanks:thumbsu:

Have a look at this thread. You and others seem to be finding plenty.
Even a harmless press conference where a simple point was made.

But look here, yet another reference to round 22....you wouldn't know that you won the way some of you go on.

"Oh it's dirty clarkson, mentioning us again!! I don't car if he has a point, I hate that midget!!!!11".

By the way, we are at the bottom end of the Salary cap, we're doing just fine thanks. The reason Williams left is because we would'nt give him 3yrs like yourselves due to his knee.

Not according to the man himself. When asked if security was one of the reasons, his answer was "That was never really an issue".

Don't you guys see the significance of the Hawthorn Essendon rivalry?

Anything done by the clubs to publicly fuel this is all strategic it.

Don't whinge about it, revel in it. The albino should be firing shots back, it is good for footy.

lol ... Hawk for life.

But c'mon, if we cut the s**t Hawthorn and Essendon are the two most powerful brands in footy.

No amount of degenerate black and white supporters, can over-ride the things these two clubs have done for their jumpers.

Mutual respect and hatred should go hand in hand. :p

^^ this, people

Remove this Banner Ad

Back