Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What players are playing interleague from what clubs.From what I have herd few sides have put there 3rd and 4th best players in.Edfl from what I have herd are looking pretty strong Alberton will get mauled if that's the case.

Not sure if you ended up finding out your info. bench boy, but this is from 'The Yarram Standard' this morning:
"2013 Alberton FNL Seniors Interleague
This Saturday, May 25 at 2:15pm. at Inverloch, Alberton FNL plays Ellinbank and District FL.
The squad is as follows: Ashley Snooks (Korumburra Bena), Tremaine Tohiariki (MDU), Adam Sadler (Inverloch Kongwak), Dean Wylie (Dalyston), Callan Park (Fish Creek), Scott Braithwaite (Korumburra Bena), Shem Hawking (Foster), Aaron Ireland (Fish Creek), Jaco Byrnes (Stony Creek), Ryan Fitzgerald (Kilcunda Bass), Griffin Underwood (Yarram), Cal McCannon (Phillip Island), Kael Bergles (Kilcunda Bass), Brent Lynch (Yarram), Dylan Clark (Inverloch Kongwak), Dyaln Zuidema (Stony Creek), Declan Kelly (Dalyston), Chris Bruns (Yarram), Michael Cooke (Korumburra Bena), Ben Law (Kilcunda Bass), Darren Granger (Foster), Mitch Price (Phillip Island), Cal Van Dyke (Foster).
Coach: Brett Beaumont; Assistant Coach: Chris Day; Team Manager: Bruce Clark."

Good Luck to the boys' from Alberton this week-end.

Thanks for that
No Brad Fisher,Nagel,Rob Eddy,Chris Urie and Grif Underwood the comps biggest names.Pretty Dissapointing for Alberton also a few names in there who are just average players in the comp.

Anyway good luck think we will need it

Thanks for that
No Brad Fisher,Nagel,Rob Eddy,Chris Urie and Grif Underwood the comps biggest names.Pretty Dissapointing for Alberton also a few names in there who are just average players in the comp.

I reckon Ellinbank team will be similar, never going to get all the best players available.

Thanks for that

No worries. :)

Griff Underwood is named in there, somewhere. Can't comment on players' as I haven't really followed AlbFL as much as I would like to since my other half stopped playing due to working away. Try and get to North Melbourne games as much as possible instead but have two little fellas' who'll hopefully be donning Allies' jumpers in a couple of years...

Nah ellinbank team is strong,most of leagues best players r playin beside bout 3 and bout 5 played vfl n vic country in prev years

Did they even pick a ruck man? Some very questionable selections among some that are just plain wrong, anybody know how they will line up? Would expect ellinbank to win by 10 goals at least if they're as good as they think they are on their board

Did they even pick a ruck man? Some very questionable selections among some that are just plain wrong, anybody know how they will line up? Would expect ellinbank to win by 10 goals at least if they're as good as they think they are on their board

Very true Young there is I reckon about 7 of the best 30 players in the comp.The rest are very average choices the ruck man they have picked is from Bass.There is 2 players in the team I have never herd of.Pretty Dissapointing for Alberton comp because its a much better league but it won't get seen that way.Ellinbank by 10 goals plus

A lot of clubs have paid big $ and sign on fees for players and why would they risk them in an interleague game for which they recieve no money. Its the clubs who have done the hard work to recruit top players not Alberton or Ellinbank if the league's cover match payments for they players you would see alot more of the guns putting their hands up.
The truth is these players play for the highest bidder's and dont want to risk injury and lose of income for a match they don't get paid for.
The leagues can't force these player's to play as they will always have a soreness,strain, or whatever to make themselves unavailable FACT!!

Mmm I would say that Park, Hawking, Fitzgerald, Underwood, Bergles, Lynch, Clark, Kelly, Bruns and Cooke are all worthy in my eyes, others are all decent senior players at absolute worst but I think the umpires or league exec should be picking the squad if they're really serious about it, not sure if there are even any big key defenders apart from Kelly, going to be a very strange looking lineup I think

There are a cpl of reasons why people don't play I think and it has nothing to do with money... A majority of the good players in the comp are both melb based and 25 y.o + so with trainings/try outs on Sunday mornings and Wed nights its just too big a commitment on top of the regular trainings, fixture, work, partners etc. You get 2 weekends a year off its so an opportunity to do all the things that you can't normally do, get away with the missus, go to the races, go fishing or surfing. Furthermore I know most of our boys would prefer avoid the risk of injury when the real reason we are playing is to win a premiership. Small risk yes but the reality is if they are the best players in the comp they are easily the best players in your team so if they hurt themselves playing a relatively irrelevant game it can cook your teams chances for the year. Same reason why state of origin has died. Is unfortunate but a reality. Maybe hey should change their policy to under 23's or something? All that being said, there are still plenty of guns playing and I personally wish the boys all the best!

Very true Young there is I reckon about 7 of the best 30 players in the comp.The rest are very average choices the ruck man they have picked is from Bass.There is 2 players in the team I have never herd of.Pretty Dissapointing for Alberton comp because its a much better league but it won't get seen that way.Ellinbank by 10 goals plus

Seems you were on the money, benchboy: Alberton FL 8.7 (55) def. by Ellinbank DFL 17.17 (119).
Quite a few floggings in the overall results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of clubs have paid big $ and sign on fees for players and why would they risk them in an interleague game for which they recieve no money. Its the clubs who have done the hard work to recruit top players not Alberton or Ellinbank if the league's cover match payments for they players you would see alot more of the guns putting their hands up.
The truth is these players play for the highest bidder's and dont want to risk injury and lose of income for a match they don't get paid for.
The leagues can't force these player's to play as they will always have a soreness,strain, or whatever to make themselves unavailable FACT!!

You will never get all your best players on the park but it seems a lot of Ellinbank guys were keen to play. Most of them were locals who played Juniors in the league or players from leages like Casey Cardinia where Interleague has always been a big deal where most top players wanted to play.

An under 23's interleague would work and the only way to keep it alive another option is the player's get paid a share of the gate when there's money up for grabs watch them put there hands up to play.
Alot will play for the highest bidder chance of a flag or not!

An under 23's interleague would work and the only way to keep it alive another option is the player's get paid a share of the gate when there's money up for grabs watch them put there hands up to play.

Why did Bergels play? He is on a packet.

Rather than paying the players, could perhaps the clubs of the top 5 players receive a payment? This might promote clubs to put a bit of pressure on their better players to have a go and even perhaps pay their players a bonus for making the team.

Splendid win by Kilcunda-Bass over the Burra today. They were much harder at the ball under packs and eventually had just too much skill, run and commitment. Bit of a reality check for the Burra. Too many players did absolutely nothing for the whole game. Huge crowd on a perfect day. The ground has come up well after the re-surfacing and drainage replacement, except it can tend to shift just a little under foot because of the sandy soil. Another twelve months and it will be like a carpet. BTW, Bergles was in everything, with 7 goals and a few assists.

Splendid win by Kilcunda-Bass over the Burra today. They were much harder at the ball under packs and eventually had just too much skill, run and commitment. Bit of a reality check for the Burra. Too many players did absolutely nothing for the whole game. Huge crowd on a perfect day. The ground has come up well after the re-surfacing and drainage replacement, except it can tend to shift just a little under foot because of the sandy soil. Another twelve months and it will be like a carpet. BTW, Bergles was in everything, with 7 goals and a few assists.

Does Korumburra have the ability to improve by 8 goals or will they just me making up numbers during the finals?
Lets see how they go against Island 2 games Dalyston 2 games Bass 1 game could be looking at 6 loses for the year maybe seven if Stony can cause an upset

Does Korumburra have the ability to improve by 8 goals or will they just me making up numbers during the finals?
Lets see how they go against Island 2 games Dalyston 2 games Bass 1 game could be looking at 6 loses for the year maybe seven if Stony can cause an upset
As I have a slight interest in Korumburra, I'd like to think so. It appeared that they were overwhelmingly out coached on Saturday, so it may be possible for them to turn that around. On the other hand, your analysis has much to recommend it. "Who have they beaten" was being bandied about by the Killy supporters after quarter time.

Looking at Bergels stats he could be in the high 90's by the last game against Toora wonder if he will get his 100 same as Luke James did against Toora it would be pretty rare for 2 players to get 100's against same club could put some interest in the last round

Looking at Bergels stats he could be in the high 90's by the last game against Toora wonder if he will get his 100 same as Luke James did against Toora it would be pretty rare for 2 players to get 100's against same club could put some interest in the last round
I saw Bergels play some games for Poowong a couple of years ago and he was pretty impressive in an ordinary team, though sometimes inconsistent. Being surrounded by a better team seems to suit him. Also, he has refined his skills a lot. He is great to watch and I hope he gets to a hundred. He deserves it. There seem to be some on this board who dislike him. Is this because he's seen as a mercenary, or is there some other reason? To an outsider like me, he seemed to be pretty popular when he was at Poowong.

I saw Bergels play some games for Poowong a couple of years ago and he was pretty impressive in an ordinary team, though sometimes inconsistent. Being surrounded by a better team seems to suit him. Also, he has refined his skills a lot. He is great to watch and I hope he gets to a hundred. He deserves it. There seem to be some on this board who dislike him. Is this because he's seen as a mercenary, or is there some other reason? To an outsider like me, he seemed to be pretty popular when he was at Poowong.

My mail was, and this is only second hand information, that when he was at Tarwin he would pretty much play or train, shower and then jump straight in his car and head home. No attendance at social functions or Thursday night meals. This apparently rubbed a few of his teammates up the wrong way. Dont know the bloke personally but this might be why he doesn't seem to be real popular. Not sure what he is like at Killy/Bass.

It will be interesting to see how the grounds hold up this weekend after all this rain, MDU, K/Bena, Dalyston, Toora, and Yarram all at home on grounds that can bog up pretty quickly.

My mail was, and this is only second hand information, that when he was at Tarwin he would pretty much play or train, shower and then jump straight in his car and head home. No attendance at social functions or Thursday night meals. This apparently rubbed a few of his teammates up the wrong way. Dont know the bloke personally but this might be why he doesn't seem to be real popular. Not sure what he is like at Killy/Bass.

It will be interesting to see how the grounds hold up this weekend after all this rain, MDU, K/Bena, Dalyston, Toora, and Yarram all at home on grounds that can bog up pretty quickly.
The non-involvement in club functions doesn't go down well, I know that. I seem to recall him tipping in $150 or somesuch into the Poowong coffers as some sort of donation. Maybe he's just anti-social, or under the thumb.

As for the grounds. Phew, it ain't gonna be much fun on some of them this weekend. So much for the drought. I will be interested to see how Korumburra's ground goes. They keep telling me they did a lot of work on it over summer, but it didn't look too good to me, even when it was dry. It seems its use as a showgrounds causes it to suffer, thanks to the horses' hooves (not rhyming slang). One good thing is the installation of new floodlighting there. Should be good, except when the weather is like this. MDU is s**t at the best of times and Yarram can get really sloppy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back