Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Some big games coming up over the next few weeks, league has completely stuffed the draw. Every week there'll be 3-4 games worth watching after 6 weeks of boring floggings? Would think you would want to spread out your blockbusters but anyway...

Interesting result on the weekend with I-K beating Bass, big upset that might book them a spot in the finals

My prediction

Daly
Bass
Island
Burra
MDU
I-K

Tarwin
Fishy
Stony
Toora
Foster

Gonna be a good finish to the year!

Going to be a top notch finals series with 3 sides that could take out the premiership could be any of the 3 that will hold up the cup grandfinal day.

Apparently Alberton league have been granted permission to talk to Poowong, Nyora and Lang Lang about a possible move. Would certainly change the look of both leagues.

Apparently Alberton league have been granted permission to talk to Poowong, Nyora and Lang Lang about a possible move. Would certainly change the look of both leagues.

Very interesting could look something like this
Alberton A
Phillip Island
Dalyston
Bass
Poowong
Nyora
Lang Lang
Inverloch
Korumburra

Alberton B
Foster
Toora
M.D.U.
Tarwin
Fish Creek
Stony Creek
D.W.W.W.W
Yarram?

Will be very hard to get Poowong,Nyora & Lang Lang to come across as they will be competing against stronger clubs and would see no positives in a move.
The Alberton B comp would be more even and maybe Yarram would come back as they wont have to sook about travel distance's.
One main positive is that everyone would play each other twice rather than the Ball's up we have now.

yeah Poowong and Nyora struggle to compete in the weaker div of the edfl, would be hard to entice, Langy on the other hand are not happy at been thrown in the west div of edfl might be worth talking too and maybe even Tooradin, could be a good fit.

Fish Creek very stiff to miss finals, MDU will get slaughtered by the island in first final. Fishy will have played foster, invy, burra, island, dalyston & bass twice while MDu will have played bass, burra, tarwin, toora, foster, stony creek twice. If last 2 weeks go as expected fish creeks opponents were 58-38 and MDU only 39-57. While meeniyan did beat fishy you'd have to say fishy are clearly more deserving of a spot, league needs to have a proper think about it next year

Agree with you young that the draw is ****ed it's so one sided.But I reckon Mdu deserve there spot.They beat Phillip Island on there home ground.And gave Fish Creek a touch up.They are a young side so you are going to mixed results.But if they keep the good young players there have they will be playing finals for a long time to come.

Only 3 ? Surely your not leaving IK out of this since they cleaned up your boys only a few weeks ago!
Yes sorry got it wrong on form at the moment IK,Bass & Daly.
Looks like the Burra and Island boys are going backwards at the wrong time of the year

:):DWELL DONE TO THE BASS BOYS 4 SEASON'S UNDEFEATED AT HOME TOP OF THE LADDER 4 SIDES IN THE FINALS AND BERGLES LEADING GOAL KICKER :):D

Last edited:
Tipping
Fish Creek to get over Island 5 points
Ik to flog Korumburra 50 plus points
Bass V Dalyston could go either way 5-10 points leaning towards Daly after the injurys Bass had late in Saturdays game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fish Creek very stiff to miss finals, MDU will get slaughtered by the island in first final. Fishy will have played foster, invy, burra, island, dalyston & bass twice while MDu will have played bass, burra, tarwin, toora, foster, stony creek twice. If last 2 weeks go as expected fish creeks opponents were 58-38 and MDU only 39-57. While meeniyan did beat fishy you'd have to say fishy are clearly more deserving of a spot, league needs to have a proper think about it next year
Gee Fishy put up a good fight yesterday. I think people are to quick to bag the draw. The thing that needs to be fixed with the draw is the byes. Last seasons top 6 all played finals this year the thing the draw did was it allowed the bottom clubs to win more games which helps any club. Mdu 8 , stony 6, Tarwin 6 and toora 4. Had it been a normal draw that is always random you would not have seen this. If there is no assistance given to lower teams it's more than likely clubs will just fold and I'd hate to think anyone wants to see this. I hope the league continue it next season and we start to see some of the bottom teams continue to improve to build a strong viable league rather than a one sided comp that won't survive as the smaller clubs die off.

Gee Fishy put up a good fight yesterday. I think people are to quick to bag the draw. The thing that needs to be fixed with the draw is the byes. Last seasons top 6 all played finals this year the thing the draw did was it allowed the bottom clubs to win more games which helps any club. Mdu 8 , stony 6, Tarwin 6 and toora 4. Had it been a normal draw that is always random you would not have seen this. If there is no assistance given to lower teams it's more than likely clubs will just fold and I'd hate to think anyone wants to see this. I hope the league continue it next season and we start to see some of the bottom teams continue to improve to build a strong viable league rather than a one sided comp that won't survive as the smaller clubs die off.

Long time reader on this very inactive thread, thought I'd sign up and help add to the discussion.

Fishy and MDU not up to finals standard, if the League continues with 11 teams next season they should look at a Top 5 rather than 6.

Couple of big games this weekend, looking back on the seasons results both could go either way. I think maybe Bass just too good for daly, and in a coin flip, Invy over the Island (hard game v Burra to work in their favour (if they avoided any injuries))

Anyone else with some tips or match ups for this weekends games?

Long time reader on this very inactive thread, thought I'd sign up and help add to the discussion.

Fishy and MDU not up to finals standard, if the League continues with 11 teams next season they should look at a Top 5 rather than 6.

Couple of big games this weekend, looking back on the seasons results both could go either way. I think maybe Bass just too good for daly, and in a coin flip, Invy over the Island (hard game v Burra to work in their favour (if they avoided any injuries))

Anyone else with some tips or match ups for this weekends games?

It was confirmed a few weeks ago by the league president on that local footy show on the radio that it will go to a top 5 if it remains an 11 team comp.
my tips for the weekend, Bass and IK

Where oh where is panther cat? Looks like the arrogance finally caught up at long last. Tips for the weekend? I reckon Daly in the main game but the island have hit form at the right time should be a cracker

Haha.
Where oh where is panther cat? Looks like the arrogance finally caught up at long last. Tips for the weekend? I reckon Daly in the main game but the island have hit form at the right time should be a cracker
Haha. Was thinking the same thing. Maybe he still on his mad Monday.

Looking forward to the game this weekend, PI have certainly hit form at the right time and for mine, that form looks like its going to be very hard to stop.

Happy to see KB out, great run from them but expect to see plenty of clearances during the 2015 pre season coming out of KB.

MDU have the ground looking a real treat and should be congratulated in there efforts.

Quick one gents, was hoping to get in the car with some lads heading down from up where I live but family matters call. Does your comp have a radio broadcast they stream online? If so if someone could post a copy I'd be appreciative as I'd love to listen in if I could.

Best of luck to Dalyston and more importantly from where I sit Paddy McKenna and Chrissy Graham .... here's hoping you can go one better this year

I know 3mfm do a footy show on Saturday mornings but I'm not sure if they're doing a live call. They do live stream.
http://www.3mfm.com.au/
The Alberton sportingpulse website has "live" scoring but that is usually updated and end of the quarter. Maybe bit more regular for thr GF.

Sorry haven't been able to post for while been busy at the club polishing our three cups for presentation night something Daylston won't have to concern themselves with for a while well done Island boys pulling off a big win over serial grandfinal chokers Dalyston maybe Kraska,Ross,Brosnan and their Pres Paul I'm a loser Dunlop lipped off a bit early at the Bass crowd after their win against us at Phillip Island at least the got to take home a under 15's flag for the day there's plenty of room on their trophy shelf at least it was won by the locals from their family club!
Gotta go the ambulance has just turned up to take me to hospital to get my sides sewn up as I have split them laughing so much at Dalyston's failure again as they say he who laugh's last laugh's longest.
CONGRATS TO THE ISLAND TEAM ON A TOP EFFORT AND MAKING DALYSTON THE ONLY EX BASS VALLEY TEAM NOT TO HAVE THE SWEET TASTE OF SUCCESS IN THE ALBERTON FOOTBALL LEAGUE NO PRIZE'S FOR SECOND HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA SO ON AND SO ON

I see DWWWW have elected a new president and committee, and are looking at re-entering the Alberton league.
anyone from down that way know if they are a genuine chance of getting the club back and running or is it to far gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back