List Mgmt. Alex Keath 2018 Role

Remove this Banner Ad

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like others, I've been quite a fan of Keath since his AFL debut. As a fast, tall defender he is a 'type' that we don't have a ready supply of. Clearly there have been a few dodgy moments throughout his first few games, but I think that there is also some real upside to his game.

My questions are:

1) Do you see him improving to become a reliable, best-22 defender?
2) Do you think that is was a bad decision for him to be given the role on Franklin? (thinking long-term development, not immediate impact on the game).

NB: I appreciate that there are a couple of threads dedicated to Keath already, but I think this has a different focus to those I have come across.

Yeah I agree, I think Keath has more upside. He is clearly well matched to a player like Franklin, Daniher, or Hipwood; obviously Franklin had his measure on Friday though.

Yeah I agree, I think Keath has more upside. He is clearly well matched to a player like Franklin, Daniher, or Hipwood; obviously Franklin had his measure on Friday though.
You would expect so given it was his 5th game, the way Franklin used his body and strength caught him a little off guard but that'll be a good learning experience for him.

Like others, I've been quite a fan of Keath since his AFL debut. As a fast, tall defender he is a 'type' that we don't have a ready supply of. Clearly there have been a few dodgy moments throughout his first few games, but I think that there is also some real upside to his game.

My questions are:

1) Do you see him improving to become a reliable, best-22 defender?
2) Do you think that is was a bad decision for him to be given the role on Franklin? (thinking long-term development, not immediate impact on the game).

NB: I appreciate that there are a couple of threads dedicated to Keath already, but I think this has a different focus to those I have come across.

1) Absolutely.
2) * no. It's round 21 and we've already completed the job we set out to do in the minor round. That was a free hit against a contender.

Also nearly every club doesn't have a supply to fast tall defenders, they are as rare as hens teeth (which is another way of saying, only GWS has them, probably).

He pinned Franklin a couple of times.
Not a bad effort considering Franklin monsters even the most experienced defenders in the game.

Think he is comming on leaps and bounds and with be a greatt asset. Another preseason in the weights room and he wont be outbodied so easily.

He has a nice long reliable leg on him which we have lacked.

When he sees the game unfold he keeps on top of it. Beats his man and uses the ball thoughtfully.

Sometimes he gets mugged by something he didn't plan against. He's played about 10 minutes of football recently in the scheme of things.

Wouldn't want him in D50 against a good forward in finals - this year. You would think as he gets more experience this stuff gets sorted out.

For now I think we need Hartigan back for finals. He was 8th in our B&F last year, he's a good dependable player who we can trust on star forwards.

Seems likely Keath will be the next man up if Lever goes, and I'm okay with that.

Not sure deep defence 50 is the spot for Keath, but would like to think he could play second recond better than JJ, Keath could deve;op into the swingman , like Port use Westrhoff in

I for some reason don't like the idea of him playing finals footy. Feel like he could be exposed

But

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Keath will take Levers spot next year and do the job at a fraction of the cost.

Good call to play on Buddy because he might be needed to do it again. I dont think Hartigan is getting back this year unless we cop an injury.

Yes Keath will take Levers spot next year and do the job at a fraction of the cost.

Good call to play on Buddy because he might be needed to do it again. I dont think Hartigan is getting back this year unless we cop an injury.
So if we fast forward to 2018 and lever is gone, do we see that the combo of Talia , Hartigan and keath could be an upgrade given keath is tall but also fast.

So if we fast forward to 2018 and lever is gone, do we see that the combo of Talia , Hartigan and keath could be an upgrade given keath is tall but also fast.

Depends what we get for Lever if he goes to collingwood you could see us get sharenberg and since he came into that team he is having a belter of a year, he would be straight swap for lever with their first

For sure if we can get a Gibbs or Sidebottom and a nice draft pick for Lever.

Lever is a gun and its a big loss but Keath is pretty special as well.

Not an upgrade, but a better position to be in salary cap wise then if we kept Lever.

Hi,

I think he's going to be a good defender. He seems to kick better than Hartigan does but I don't know if his punching geos as wekll. Thanks.

I think he can become an attacking defender, but he's not quite there yet. Needs to hedge his bets a little bit more and keep his opposition boundary side.

Seems too aggressively drawn to the ball so can be pushed underneath it in a marking contest, or pushed to the side with a quick sidestep/turn.

Oh he will be a key player back there especially once Lever leaves.

People forget just how highly he was rated as a junior. He is a serious talent. Another preseason and this boy will take his game to another level. Same goes for Greenwood.

You could be right about both Greenwood and Keath as they are a little of the unknown

Will players at their age continue to develop or we may not see that trajectory as we do from say a 19 year old

If they do you may see recruiting staff look at mature age recruits closer

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keath is no replacement for Lever.
Totally different player.
Going in with three tall defenders wont work.
One of Hartigan or Keath wont play most weeks, unless Keath can improve his marking ability and learn to rebound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back