All about Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

ok, we're running a book on who trump is going to pardon.... let me see

1. himself
2. ivanka, don jr and the other one
3. rudy needs it
4. steve bannon
5. i also think he will do some celebrity pardons to take the heat off of the ones above.

I dont think he will pardon julian assange because he's foreign, even though it might piss off some in the establishment..

This is a photo of kayleigh kissing me tonight...but in other news, she has supposedly vacated the building...

hopefully graham wright has offered her a job in the pies media dept....

1610893430602.png

A big concern for the US at the moment is that domestic terrorism is likely to increase. This was a prescient article.

One issue with all the far-right groups being blocked from social media is that they'll probably go to encrypted sites and will be much harder to monitor. QAnon and white supremacist groups could very easily spawn a new wave of Al Qaeda style terrorist cells.

A big concern for the US at the moment is that domestic terrorism is likely to increase. This was a prescient article.

One issue with all the far-right groups being blocked from social media is that they'll probably go to encrypted sites and will be much harder to monitor. QAnon and white supremacist groups could very easily spawn a new wave of Al Qaeda style terrorist cells.

Yes, but...but antifa!

I think you're right, which is that the extreme right in the US --which has always been happy to dabble in terrorism-- is becoming a bigger concern.

They're heavily armed, often have links with law enforcement and military expertise, and are becoming a more animated bunch. They can be more easily infiltrated, perhaps, but only up to a point.

I'm generally not a worst-case scenario kind of guy in relation to these sorts of things. Amidst the turbulence I can usually see the power of more moderating forces to restore some sort of equilibrium.

That still seems like the best best, that the US will roll back into what passes for normal within the next few months, but flashpoints and and the potential of increasing chaos also seems too possible.

I dont agree with a lot of the censorship. It fails to deal with the root cause of why people are listening to this stuff. Certainly when it becomes a major issue and not just a loony fringe.

I also think the greater risk is the fact that americans are arming themselves even more and people who previously were against it, are now buying guns. The level of hate that now exists between the two groups is comparable to the cold war hate or current chinese hate. I get the feeling that those in charge might start a war with china to try to get americans on the same page... I cant see any other way to bring the two groups together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a comment off topic about the tennis players and a politician calling a player a flog..

“First rule of Flog Club. Anyone who uses the word flog is probably a flog"

Must be the quote of the year.

ok, we're running a book on who trump is going to pardon.... let me see

1. himself
2. ivanka, don jr and the other one
3. rudy needs it
4. steve bannon
5. i also think he will do some celebrity pardons to take the heat off of the ones above.

I dont think he will pardon julian assange because he's foreign, even though it might piss off some in the establishment..
Just a measly $2 million USD gets you a pardon, no matter the crime.

They’re not referred to as vanilla isis for nothing, they already have terrorist groups and they do use encrypted sites. The use of social media of these groups is for recruitment and propaganda purposes. When isis and AQ were banned it hindered and reduced their growth in new recruits, I guess the rationale is the same.

You know we had two Trump supporters here who were mouthing off about the same crazy Qanon conspiracy theories that the insurrectionists in Washington were ranting about when they stormed the capitol.They obviously get their information from the same fringe sources and believe it,no matter how ludicrous it is.It’s quite scary when you think about it.

I dont agree with a lot of the censorship. It fails to deal with the root cause of why people are listening to this stuff. Certainly when it becomes a major issue and not just a loony fringe.

I also think the greater risk is the fact that americans are arming themselves even more and people who previously were against it, are now buying guns. The level of hate that now exists between the two groups is comparable to the cold war hate or current chinese hate. I get the feeling that those in charge might start a war with china to try to get americans on the same page... I cant see any other way to bring the two groups together

Gun sales get a boost in the States every time a democrat wins the election.
This is part of there breeding due to certain groups eg NRA "They will go door to door and get your guns"
They even use Australia as an example of gun confiscation after Port Arthur.

You know we had two Trump supporters here who were mouthing off about the same crazy Qanon conspiracy theories that the insurrectionists in Washington were ranting about when they stormed the capitol.They obviously get their information from the same fringe sources and believe it,no matter how ludicrous it is.It’s quite scary when you think about it.
Yes, and as far as I know they are still going with the Q bs that Biden will not be inaugurated. They don’t explain how this won’t happen (he’d have to be incapacitated or dead).

Im not sure this Qanon bs has ever been right.

Gun sales get a boost in the States every time a democrat wins the election.
This is part of there breeding due to certain groups eg NRA "They will go door to door and get your guns"
They even use Australia as an example of gun confiscation after Port Arthur.

actually this article, i cant remember where i saw it, indicated that people who weren't into guns were buying weapons... i know what you mean by the past but it was after kids had been shot a schools etc. This is a little different. There's a feeling that something larger might happen.

as for the nra stuff in australia and obama quoting our gun laws etc.... just stay out of our lives fellas!! all of you. democrats and gunlovers. Dont even think about australia. I have this feeling that the american disease is going to spread here and everyone will start buying a gun. In fact, on a wider note, I'd be happy if americans just stopped thinking about australia...cuddly animals, croc hunter and sharks etc. Let us deal with china alone. it might be nasty but I just dont see any advantage siding with the americans.

two trump supporters in hobart?

actually this article, i cant remember where i saw it, indicated that people who weren't into guns were buying weapons... i know what you mean by the past but it was after kids had been shot a schools etc. This is a little different. There's a feeling that something larger might happen.

as for the nra stuff in australia and obama quoting our gun laws etc.... just stay out of our lives fellas!! all of you. democrats and gunlovers. Dont even think about australia. I have this feeling that the american disease is going to spread here and everyone will start buying a gun. In fact, on a wider note, I'd be happy if americans just stopped thinking about australia...cuddly animals, croc hunter and sharks etc. Let us deal with china alone. it might be nasty but I just dont see any advantage siding with the americans.
The American disease is alive and well in Australia.
From suing over the smallest thing, to not trusting anyone, to crazy theories, to the junk food diet and resulting obesity, the USofA is fast becoming entrenched here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back