No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t handed back the stolen Brownlow yet, put it in such a safe place he apparently cannot find the ******* thing.

Lying prick ... although history suggests he is good at conveniently forgetting important details

What a legacy he has left to the game of AFL football. 😂

Pretty smart by Watson though really. In a few years time, the brownlow for the only recipient ever rescinded will be worth a shed load.

What crime was committed?
You have heard him in commentary ... right?

He took possession of a Brownlow Medal which he was not eligible to hold, due to fraudulently taking illegal substances and lying about it, and was asked to return it. The medal is awarded to the best and fairest player from the season, not the most jacked up drug cheat, hence his ineligibility.

No reports that this has been complied with the request to relinquish the medal, only reports of him being 'unable' to locate the medal. If he then sells said medal, he is benefiting from the proceeds of a crime.

You have heard him in commentary ... right?

He took possession of a Brownlow Medal which he was not eligible to hold, due to fraudulently taking illegal substances and lying about it, and was asked to return it. The medal is awarded to the best and fairest player from the season, not the most jacked up drug cheat, hence his ineligibility.

No reports that this has been complied with the request to relinquish the medal, only reports of him being 'unable' to locate the medal. If he then sells said medal, he is benefiting from the proceeds of a crime.

None of that is a crime hence no charges. You could maybe argue he gain the medal by unlawful means (ie fraud) but you would have to prove intentiional deception on his part.

The US drug cheats got jail time because they perjured themselves. That didnt occur here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What crime was committed?
If he tries to sell it later after he said ‘I put it in a really safe place and can’t remember where...’ it is effectively theft. It is afl property because they have told him he has to return it. He can’t sell it or it will be selling a stolen item.
Edit: already been said by Jabba.

None of that is a crime hence no charges. You could maybe argue he gain the medal by unlawful means (ie fraud) but you would have to prove intentiional deception on his part.

The US drug cheats got jail time because they perjured themselves. That didnt occur here.
He signed ASADA forms declaring he had taken no substances, meanwhile he was heading offsite to get juiced up.

Even if he thought they were legal vitamins, he was obliged to disclose it ... not pretend it didn’t happen.

He hasn’t handed back the stolen Brownlow yet, put it in such a safe place he apparently cannot find the ******* thing.

Lying prick ... although history suggests he is good at conveniently forgetting important details
Did you choose your user name thinking about essington ??
Asking for a friend ..😜😜

Boy, aren’t I glad I said Jobe Watson had the Brownlow stripped off him. I am reminded how much of a flog he is for keeping the Brownlow Medal as some sort of weird family heirloom that he probably shows around at dinner parties.

“And this here is my 2012 Brownlow Medal....”

*the party falls silent as 500 eyes are on Jobe Watson. Jobe’s parents are beaming with pride.*

67.png

67 days to go to the biggest event since creation and I'm going a little controversial. Yes he was a Carlton premiership player but I don't know about you, once he shipped himself off to * I just can't bare the sight of him. It just goes to show you how anyone who plays for * just makes you sick!

Scott number 67 Camporeale.... sorry but you're tainted to me for life! Enjoy being associated with the 6000 club.

Fraud is a crime, and so is theft. No-one would prosecute him for either, though.

Australia exists at the behest of its sporting organisations, and the government who tries to change that is a government that will fall.

Fraud implies theft by deception and theft would imply he stole the medal from the AFL meaning its their property. Is it though once they handed it to him? I know the Oscars remain the property of AMPAS and if you want to sell your Oscar you must first sell it to them for $1. Not sure thats the case here.

Finally, please stop making me defend these campaigners. They are cheats and deserve all the ridicule they receive. But they arent criminals. No indictable offences were committed by the players.

Fraud implies theft by deception and theft would imply he stole the medal from the AFL meaning its their property. Is it though once they handed it to him? I know the Oscars remain the property of AMPAS and if you want to sell your Oscar you must first sell it to them for $1. Not sure thats the case here.

Finally, please stop making me defend these campaigners. They are cheats and deserve all the ridicule they receive. But they arent criminals. No indictable offences were committed by the players.

The use of illegal substances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back